On a waitlist to buy OKW direct

Klark Kent

Earning My Ears
Any idea how long I'll have to wait for 100 direct OKW points? Called DVC this weekend and told them I'm ready to take the leap. Want a Dec UY. I was told it was available but now I'm on a waiting list. We already have a trip planned at the end of the year and hoping we can get in before the trip.

You probably have to wait until they feel like selling you the contract at their current pricing. Seems like they focus on the more profitable sales first. They may hope that you give up and buy their current resort(s).

:earsboy: Bill

We waited for just under 2 months for our OKW points. We contacted our guide in July and requested a Sept UY. Just stay in touch with you guide.

Good luck

Bought 40 points in May, waited 2 days and got a call that points were available. August use year.

Any idea how long I'll have to wait for 100 direct OKW points? Called DVC this weekend and told them I'm ready to take the leap. Want a Dec UY. I was told it was available but now I'm on a waiting list. We already have a trip planned at the end of the year and hoping we can get in before the trip.
Do you plan to book a trip with those points for December 2019? Or just swap out points from the 2018 Dec UY.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! We have hotel reservations at a Disney hotel. We booked it a while back, but after doing some research (and listening to the dvc show podcast) decided to become dvc members. Hoping now we can get OKW. It'd be great if we could get our dvc membership finalized and make use of the points for this trip, but I have no idea if that's possible. They are pushing Riviera but it's just not our cup of tea.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! We have hotel reservations at a Disney hotel. We booked it a while back, but after doing some research (and listening to the dvc show podcast) decided to become dvc members. Hoping now we can get OKW. It'd be great if we could get our dvc membership finalized and make use of the points for this trip, but I have no idea if that's possible. They are pushing Riviera but it's just not our cup of tea.
It is going to be extremely difficult to find any open space at OKW for Dec this late. Even if you get your first trip booked by your salesperson.

Have you had any luck with this? I am also on a waitlist for 200 points. Also if succesfull, what points will it come with, I presume 0 for 2018 and 200 for 2019 and 2020?

Have you had any luck with this? I am also on a waitlist for 200 points. Also if succesfull, what points will it come with, I presume 0 for 2018 and 200 for 2019 and 2020?
I checked with my guide over the weekend. I'm still on the waitlist. He said it could be days or weeks. :rolleyes1

What pricing is Disney offering on OKW contracts? (If you don't mind sharing!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!