On a whim christmas adventures in disney!

ahair005

Earning My Ears
On a whim I decided to head to disney for a week. I wasn't sure I was going to go, but auditions popped up, Katt was going to be down there and offered to split a room (yay savings!) and I magically got off work for a week, so it was like destiny for me to go.

Now I've never really been to disney for Christmas, aside from when I went down last year with my boyfriend the week before thanksgiving and about 12 years ago I was down right after Christmas for New Years.

Lots of things happened and lots of people show up in the report so it's going to be a fun one!! I know Katt is also writing a report ( hers will be more detailed since she took notes!!) so check out hers as well!!

Yay for doing a TR!!

Also weird fact, I was in Disney on/right after American Thanksgiving last year...weird...we didn't even know each other then!

I had to subscribe, first since I met you briefly and second, I always find it fascinating to read 2 similar reports but from two different people from different perspectives.

Okay folks!

So this trip report begins by stepping off the plane in the Orlando airport. I made my way down to catch the magical express to pop century where I will be staying for the week.

Once in line for the bus I started making plans on what I wanted to do that day. Katt and her friend were coming in until that night, and Cassy was at work so I was by myself for the day. I decided to go to Epcot since I rarely ever go and I wanted this trip to be filled with character meet and greets. I picked a few FP+ for the day and once at the hotel I checked into my room and headed out to catch another bus.

This is my first experience with the magic bands and FP+. I didn't really mind it except I had ordered tickets from an outside site so my magic band did not have my tickets, only my room key so I rarely used it.

I decided once I headed in to stop over in Norway first to see what the line was like for Anna and Elsa. Of course it was about 2 hrs long so I decided to ride maelstrom and visit some other faces first.

photostream

I met up with Mulan first. I haven't met her in years so it was nice to see the girl who saved china!!

I stopped and saw belle and aurora as well. Aurora was in her winter wear that day which was nice to see.

I headed over to the UK to meet Alice and to grab a bite to eat.

I jumped into line to see Alice. It was a relatively short line and only waited about 1o minutes. I watched her have a tea party with this adorable little girl and realized how much fun characters got to have with guests.

So the only problem about traveling by yourself is sometimes you can't have someone take pictures for you of you. I took a few quick "Selfies" with Alice and then headed across the street and grabbed some fish and chips.

lightbox

I ran all the way around the world (literally) and jumped into line for Anna and Elsa. I was the first for the next set, so I had about an hour and a half to wait in line. The attendants decided to let me be the very last person in the set before because I was by myself.
Now I had not seen frozen at this point so I didn't really ask them a lot of questions because I didn't want to ruin the movie for myself. Elsa and I compared braids in our hair and I told her she had visited my hometown since it was so cold and snowy there when I left.

lightbox

lightbox

I also went and visited Belle, Aurora, Aladdin and Jasmine while I had some time.

I went over to Test track and rode this for the first time since the new updates. It was pretty neat to create my own car. I did pretty well with the design and definitely enjoyed the wind in my hair on that ride!

Since it had been several years since my visit to Epcot, I also had not been to the living seas since they installed the Finding Nemo theme.

I had about a half hour before my fast passes for that, so I stopped at the C-Spot to meet mickey and a few of his friends!

Goofy was by far the best interaction of the night! We danced and kissed and played pranks on the attendant! It was such a fun experience and I hope he is like that with every guest he meets!

I moved up the road a bit and stopped by to say Hi to Crush and Nemo! I did enjoy the ride and found it pretty cool that they incorporated real fish into the ride! Turtle talk was nice and the kids were hilarious!!

To end my night I was going to stay for Illuminations, but I was so tired from my busy day that I stopped at a few shops and headed back to the hotel.
I did pick up a drawing of Rapunzel from the Art shop there that I love!!!

I stopped in the food court for a few snacks and headed up to my room to stretch and rest for my audition the next morning!!!

I feel like you accomplished so much more than we did at Epcot!
Also, I have your photopass pics from that day on the cd I ordered, there's super cute ones of you & Goofy!

Also, your pictures aren't showing up? :confused3

I agree, it's tough to get photos when your alone. But there are always ways to do it as you proved with Alice.

Wow, that's some luck with Anna and Elsa.

I know there are "Goofy's" at every park, but he always seems to be one of the best interactions.

Wow, you really DID meet a lot of characters.

Oh and hopefuly this will help with your photos. I've never used Flickr, but maybe this will help. I copied this from a post on DISboards. Hopefully it will work for you. :goodvibes

"If you go to the photo you want from your Flickr account and click on it, above the photo on the left, click on 'Share' and it displays a drop down box with various sharing options.
Select "Grab the HTML/BBCode" and copy it. If it doesn't show this option automatically, it will say something like "Show more"and selecting that will give you the above link.
Go to your post on the DIS and paste."

I feel like you accomplished so much more than we did at Epcot! Also, I have your photopass pics from that day on the cd I ordered, there's super cute ones of you & Goofy! Also, your pictures aren't showing up? :confused3
Ahh I can't wait too see those photos from the cd!!

Hopefully I can figure out this photo thing :/

Audition day 1:
I woke up, got ready and grabbed something to eat and caught a cab to the auditions! This set was for BATB and DAWM. I am "too short" for BATB so I was in the run for DAWM. Like every other audtion there was a line of people waiting to check in. Many people in line were already CMs, so it was nice to talk and hear stories from them. My turn came and went and unfortunately I was not selected. They only took 3 people from my group, 2 guys and 1 girl (who was rather short).

I hadn't planned on any parks this day, but one of my very good friends that works at disney (she has appeared here before) Cassy, was off today and wanted to hangout! We decided to head to DTD for the day to shop and get lunch and just catch up with eachother! I hadn't seen her since the last time I was down which was in June!

First, however, I needed to meet up with Katt and Steven who were checking in to the hotel so I could get my room key and such.

Turns out as soon as I sat down to get some lunch from the caf, they showed up to check in! We were staying at Pop! which was nice for me since I basically just had to switch rooms. We checked in and got settled. They were headed to DTD as well and then to MK, so I said we might run in to eachother down there but that I would see them back at the hotel that night.

I jumped in the shower and got on the bus to go and meet Cassy. One of my favorite things about Cassy is that she and I click so well and each time we meet up its like no time has passed between meetings! I may also take advantage of her CM discounts! haha

As we were walking around DTD we did end up running into Katt- they were headed to see Frozen, but Cassy had said she had a park ticket for me and we were headed to MK to see some of her friends that were working.

IMG_1163 by amandahair, on Flickr

we took a quick picture before heading to MK!

Yay, you got your pictures working.

I so admire you and Katt doing these auditions. It must be so nerve wracking. Hopefully it gets easier each time.

Ahhh CM's make the best friends. Nothing wrong with a little discount here and there. :thumbsup2

We hopped on a bus to MK. We didn't really have plans of what to do so we wandered over to Fantasyland.

We ended up in line for Gaston! Needless to say it was a great choice! He was super awesome and funny and we got some great pictures and conversations with him.

11765769773_fedddedc91.jpg
[/url] IMG_1173 by amandahair, on Flickr[/IMG]

We walked around some more and went to see MiSiCi to see some friends of Cassy's. We danced with a few of them, and then caught the castle lighting show right afterwards. We headed back over to fantasyland as that was where I was going to meet Katt to hangout with her the rest of the night ( Cassy had some rehearsals to get to!). Before she left we stopped and got a quick pic in Gaston's chair and a Lefou's Brew!

IMG_1201 by amandahair, on Flickr

I met up with Katt and Steven and proceeded to ride some rides. As you may remember, I got in with one of Cassy's guest passes, so I couldn't do FP+ with them, however we decided to try it our on Peter Pan to see if they would just let me on. Turns out they were having problems and it wouldn't let Katt and Steven through (it turned that bright blue a lot during this trip!). She ended up showing them the FP+ res on her phone and they let us through! (awesomeness!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter