• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On hold w/Disney ......

firemanx

DIS Veteran
Rant time. So i get a pin code offer for 40% a deluxe resort for 7 different slow times of the year. Awsome, right? So i go to make our reservations on hold for 45 minutes. Ok well got a great deal, and were set to go. I go talk this over with my family, and now they want the Beach Club insted of the Yact Club, and im back on the phone. 40 minutes later i get thru. Now were finally booked. The thing is with a company as large as Disney is there really a need for such long wait times to make reservations to spend mass amounts of money at there resorts? Does anyone else find this to be extremely annoying? Anyways must look on the bright side I do get to go to WDW for 4 days dec 12-15. :banana: :banana: :banana:

I had to wait over 25 minutes once while they fixed my address in the computer. I don't know why they take so long to fix the easier things.

I don't work for Disney, but I do manage a call center and forgive me, but I am going to defend them for a second.

Believe it or not, sometimes it's really tough to predict how busy you are going to be. I get all kinds of numbers, data and call tracking and in general I know what our busiest days are and the busiest times of the day, but there are also alot of factors that play into all that and though we try very hard to keep our wait times downs, sometimes you get fluke rushes of calls out of nowhere and people are on hold longer than they should be. Sometimes alot longer. Callers can definitely help. You would be AMAZED how many people call to order something and they don't have their credit in their hand and of course you can't hang up on them or tell them to call back, you have to sit there and wait while they look for it. :headache: Or you give information to a caller about something and they have to discuss with their family while you wait on the line. :rolleyes: You'd also be surprised to discover how many people don't know their own phone number, but in this case, it's usually it's older people that have a hard time with the phone number and I am patient, but I have a tip, if you have an elderly person in your life, post their phone number in large print somewhere near their phone or even on it. I honestly worry about them sometimes being in an urgent situation, trying to reach their doctor or a plumber, furnace repair or whatever and they leave the wrong number so the person cannot get back to them. Zip code is another one, for young or old. So many people have to rummage around for a piece of mail because they have no clue what their zip code is.

One of the companies we answer for provides company vehicles and when an employee has an accident they have to call in report. Due to the amount of information, these calls take about 20 minutes on average, but just yesterday I had not one, not two, but three of these reports where the person calling had absolutely no information. Not the plate number, not their driver's license, nothing. Again I had to wait on the phone .... while callers were waiting too, while these people went outside to the vehicle to gather this information or hunt down their vehicle paperwork. Sure, I'm not the only operator, but things like this can really back us up.

Now, I admit sometimes we are short staffed. Sometimes it's unavoidable.
The week before last we had a terrible blizzard, I had several employees that just simply could not make it. Roads were just not passable. It happens. Maybe people are out sick, maybe a couple quit, maybe it is avoidable and I scheduled poorly. But BELIEVE me, the companies we answer for and I'm sure DISNEY doesn't want callers holding on the line. Especially ones that are trying to spend money. If they are hold too long, they hang up. We all know this and so honestly we do try to make sure that doesn't happen. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter