? on leaving items at your 2nd resort

ctc917

DIS Veteran
So my family is staying off Disney grounds for a few days before our 4 day DCL cruise and then on to Boardwalk Villas for a couple of days before we fly home. I have read somewhere(can't remember where right now) that it maybe possible to go to Boardwalk Villas and leave the water and soda we purchased when we arrived in Orlando so it will be there for us when we return from our cruise or do the resorts dislike you to do this? What is your experience with doing this?

Thanks
ctc917

So my family is staying off Disney grounds for a few days before our 4 day DCL cruise and then on to Boardwalk Villas for a couple of days before we fly home. I have read somewhere(can't remember where right now) that it maybe possible to go to Boardwalk Villas and leave the water and soda we purchased when we arrived in Orlando so it will be there for us when we return from our cruise or do the resorts dislike you to do this? What is your experience with doing this?

Thanks
ctc917
Why not just wait until you return from the cruise to get your soda and water? You should be a the resort in the morning with plenty of time to hit a grocery store.

We did a bookended DCL cruise, staying 3 nights before and after. I looked into this back in 2017 and it was not worth the trouble; we just took everything with us. (Note - we had rented a double stroller and broke it into 2 separate rentals rather than take it with us on the cruise, but that was it.)

We will be doing a few days at the parks before and then after our cruise there fore we would like to purchase what we need at the beginning of our vacation and then finish it up after our cruise. But I think we will either do what Kboo did and carry on the ship what we have left over and finish it up when our cruise is over.
thanks
ctc917

I think you are asking if Boardwalk Inn & Villa's Bell Services will store things for you for 4 days prior to your check-in date. (BoardWalk Villas does not have a separate storage area.) I have never tried that.

Departing guests have used Bell Services to leave items for other guests who would not be arriving immediately. I'm thinking Pool Noodle Shares, CrockPot Share and Christmas Tree shares.

Disney recently implemented a new fee for having Bell Services delivery groceries from their storage area to your room. I don't know if we should interpret this as a sign that Disney wants to discourage guests from using cast members to deliver groceries to guests' rooms. Or a sign that Disney wants to discourage people from using Bell Services for grocery storage -- in which case your plan might be rejected. (Or it could just be that Disney found another way to make money and isn't trying to discourage any type of behavior.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter