On-Line Check-in

Ms.Minnie

DIS Veteran
Is there a benefit to using on-line check-in versus regular check in when you arrive at resort?

With online checkin you don’t have to go to the front desk at all and you can go straight to your room. They assign your room via the Disney mobile app I think 24 hours in advance. Hope this helps.

Yes (maybe) if you put all the info needed in, including a cell phone number for text messages, and get the magic bands. The result is that you may not even have to check in at all at the front desk because on the day of your arrival, they will send you a text message when the room is ready telling you the room number, thus allowing you to go directly to your room which is opened by your magic bands. That does not always work because your room may not be ready until late but it is a reason to do pre-check in.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure yet what I will do, I do believe in the past I have used on-line check-in. I guess maybe the advantage is avoiding a line at the front desk on day of arrival??? This would allow you to avoid the wait for your room assignment at check-in...

Bill, do you use on-line check-in? If so why, if not why not?

Thanks in advance.

I have done on line check in the last few years. twice we got there before the text saying our room was ready....stopped by front desk and they found us a room that was. so no hurt at all in using it.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure yet what I will do, I do believe in the past I have used on-line check-in. I guess maybe the advantage is avoiding a line at the front desk on day of arrival??? This would allow you to avoid the wait for your room assignment at check-in...

Bill, do you use on-line check-in? If so why, if not why not?

Thanks in advance.

For us no benefit to online check in. We enjoy talking to the CM's at the front desk and getting the latest info. Adjusting our room location if necessary, correcting bad account info. WDW is more than just hitting the parks, spending time with the CM's is becoming the most enjoyable part of our vacation. Last month we met a wonderful CM, ended up going to dinner and he took us to some of his favorite hangouts on property.

:earsboy: Bill

We have done it both ways. I like online check in and can always stop at the front desk if we choose.

Quick question: If we do online checkin and attach a credit card for incidentals, does it hook up to everyone in my party's magic bands? I really only want it on my husband's and mine.

Quick question: If we do online checkin and attach a credit card for incidentals, does it hook up to everyone in my party's magic bands? I really only want it on my husband's and mine.

No - I believe you can assign a pin or not to the various magic bands. So my kids magic bands do not attach to a credit card. Also, my sister and her family came along last year and they just went down to the front desk and had their credit cards assigned to their bands. wasn't a problem at all.

I believe you do have to go to the front desk to sort that out though...you can't assign multiple credit cards via online check-in. but you may be able to decline to have the kids' bands access the PIN.

Thanks for all the replies, I think we are going to do it the old fashioned way and just check-in when we get to the resort. :)

Being from Canada I have to go to the front desk to check in to get our magic bands since they don't mail them. I also do the online check in. I find that since I have entered most of the information online they just confirm credit cards and such but don't have to enter any of the information. Also the online check in has options for room requests. Though they are just requests and are not guaranteed at least they are on record prior to me arriving.

For us no benefit to online check in. We enjoy talking to the CM's at the front desk and getting the latest info. Adjusting our room location if necessary, correcting bad account info. WDW is more than just hitting the parks, spending time with the CM's is becoming the most enjoyable part of our vacation. Last month we met a wonderful CM, ended up going to dinner and he took us to some of his favorite hangouts on property.

I agree, it is the people that make Disney so magical for us. We have met some of the most wonderful people there!

The idea of an online check-in and notification of your room availability is just a great notion. Rarely works. I love the idea of being at a park or on DME and receiving a text that your room is ready is simply magical to me. Unfortunately, I find myself waiting in line to check-in making the online process nothing but a waste of time.

On-line check in isn't a DVC product, it was created to expedite convention and cash guests who have to wait in long lines to check into their resort. On-line check in saves Disney money, allowing them to schedule fewer CM's at the front desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter