On-line course info?

peacefulgirl

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any good advise or info ? I know nothing about it right now but think I may try it. Work pays 100% on-line or traditional classes... thinking I may start On-line, but how, where, when and what ?

You will LOVE online courses. I teach at a local college part time (I'm a full time third grade teacher). I have been teaching classes online for the last three semesters. I have yet to have a single student to say that they prefer traditional classes to online classes.

I am in Texas and we have Virtual College of Texas. It is where I teach a course and it is offered to students all over the state of Texas. They register at their own college, take the course from me and it shows up on their transcript as if they took it at their local college. It is wonderful. Your state might also have a program like this.

I find this article very helpful for my first time online students. http://www.childcarequarterly.com/pdf/summer04_college.pdf
I teach students who are getting their teaching degree, but the concepts in the article apply to just about everyone.

Hope this helps some!
:wave:
Shari

I've taken a couple of online courses through my school, but they'll grant credit even if you're not a student here. Find out more at The University of Oklahoma's ISD page.

I did one last semester and right now have 4 of them so that I could remain a full time student and still be able to do the CP. Try to do the assignments as early as possible and don't be like me and wait until five minutes before it's due to turn it in.

you can do a google search on schools that do online classes from your state..or apply at your local community college a lot of those now also do distance learning and online classes...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter