• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

???? on Pin collecting

abby

Abby's Mom
I have heard talk of pin collecting, how does this work, we are going in three weeks :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc (as you can tell we are excited) I am thinking pin collecting might be fun for my 5 year old. Any advice?

I think whole books have been written on this subject! Will try and shorten what I know.

There is collecting and trading....which do you want to do?

The best way to start trading is with a "starter lanyard". You can get them in the gift shops and pin carts. They come with 2 pairs of pins....one pair to keep one to trade.

There are literally thousands and thousands of pins. My 3 adult family found that finding a theme helped us from getting overwhelmed. Mom collects...she doesn't trade.

There are some pins that are only released to CM's...they are called "lanyard series" pins and are quite a find. They change often and are fun to hunt for.

CM's wearing green lanyards only trade with children. All other CM's must trade a pin on their lanyard for any one of yours...but they cannot already have it on their lanyard.

Our first trip we concentrated on dwarves....our second on "lanyard" pins....our last...on the smalles ones we could find. I have a Jiminy Cricket the size of a childs fingernail!

The most fun is just getting to know people and talking about your pins. It is a great way to meet new friends.

Best of luck.

check out officialdisneypintrading.com, it tells you everything you need to know.

My boys love trading and collecting- they got hooked on our very first trip with our then 4 yr old happily trading out one pin for another with each lanyard wearing CM he met :earboy2: He only had one pin to trade and he traded that one at least 6 times in one afternoon.

Don't know if they still do this but the Premiere pin shop in TL had a pin trading class for children. They tell you all about how to politely trade, which pins are tradeable and at the end they give them two pins to pick - one to keep and one to trade.
I believe the pin shop is now called "Little green men store command" as it is the exit for the new Buzz ride.

Alos, the first Sunday of the month they do Gift with Purchase pins (GWP) - spend $15 and get a free mini pin. They have certain themes /sets every few months. I love collecting these tiny pins and try to get the whole set. I have a partial set of Aladdin, partial of Peter Pan and a complete Winnie the Pooh set. We also collect the AP pins, I have a few Disney Club pins before they switched to the Visa, and I focus on Tinkerbell and holiday themed pins fo rmy own collection while the boys get whatever has good "coolness" factor .

I pick up cheap tradebles on ebay - trying to keep the cost under $3 a pin(with ship). Most pins range from $7- $15 in the parks. Disney Store sadly no longer sells pins-- that was my other cheap source and way to feed my frenzy of collecting since we live to far away from any Disney park... Minnesota!!

Oh I love the GWP pins! Guess I need to plan my next trip around the first Sunday of a month! They are my favorite cause they are SO tiny! I hunt for these especially on ebay and never ever trade them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter