? on rental strollers

kbkids

<font color=cc0066>Loves the World in February<br>
We've always taken an umbrella stroller before, but with two kids going this year and all the stuff we've got to carry, I'm considering just renting one at the parks. My question is that we'll be park hopping, and since you can't take them from the park, do you have to pay a rental fee at each park, or is the fee per day, i.e. just show them the receipt? Thanks!!

You are correct, just show them your receipt it is good all day! Have a great trip!

Wondering if I would save a lot to take my own, especially since it will be good to have at the airport.

Some of the resorts are so big that my dd, age 4 at the time, needed one. My dh ended up carring her to the bus stops & such. The one good thing about the Disney strollers is that they are soooo smooth to push.

I believe that stroller rental is $6/day. Our last trip was for 10 days, so we felt that it was definitely worth bringing our own stroller to save $60 dollars.

How about the double strollers? Anyone know the rental fee?

we were there thanksgiving & the doubles were $15/day. i complained that the 4 days costs us $60 so we could have bought a double....but it was worth renting from them bc 2 kids could ride, we didn't have to pack it & we could park hop & not have to bring it on the bus or monorail.

akrake

We will be there for 3 days - 2 days, we'll be park hopping. We're staying off-sight, and we live close so we won't be dealing with airlines - but what do you think would be best?

I've got a large double stroller and also a large full-size single stroller. I have a very tiny 5 year old who still fits in both strollers, as well as a 20-month old. We went to Dollywood this summer for one day, and they both loved riding in the rental double stroller together. That's why I had just decided to rent one.

But we also will have a small cooler with us this time, as well as other stuff, blanket, baby stuff, video camera, etc. Would I be better off taking both of my full-size strollers and not renting one there? There will be four adults in our group, so it's feasible. I just didn't want to deal with dragging those huge strollers on trams and the monorail, etc. But are we going to have enough room for everything on the rental stroller? Both of my strollers ride fairly smoothly, so they won't be inconvenient. I guess I'm just having second thoughts now. When we went last time, my daughter was four, and we took an umbrella stroller. It was nice, but we had absolutely no storage capacity. I've got two umbrella strollers as well, but I want to have room to set the cooler and all our junk too.

What do you guys think would be best?

for me, the costs wasn't as much of a bother as the dragging of strollers from louisiana would have been. my husband, who is a miser, preferred the renting of the double to bringing one for our 3 & 6 yrs old. we didn't have a cooler, but did have bags, coast, camera etc. if you rent the double, then it's only one stroller that you have to keep track of.

if you had a little baby, then maybe bringing your own would be the way to go, but i think renting is what i would do if i went back tomorrow. the only con i can think of is walking to the car without a stroller....but then, that's just me.

akrake

Will a small cooler (little larger than say a six-pack) fit at the feet of the 20 month old? I can't remember what they looked like. The five year old won't be riding a bunch - she prefers to run around - what I really need is a leash for her!! - so when she's not riding, it won't be an issue. But I don't want to be stuck carrying a bunch of stuff when she decides she wants to ride.
Can you lay anything on top (don't they have the fabric tops?) without it collapsing?

My DD4 rode on the top of the stroller, while my nephew rode inside. I was suprised it held and non of the CMs asked her to get off.
You can try bringing the previous day's receipt to get a stroller free of charge. Some of the CMs don't even look at the receipt. It worked half the time. If they say something, just say your DW gave you the wrong one.

originally posted by uconnseth:
My DD4 rode on the top of the stroller, while my nephew rode inside. I was suprised it held and non of the CMs asked her to get off.
So you do something potentially damaging and expecting to be spoken to by a CM. . .
You can try bringing the previous day's receipt to get a stroller free of charge. Some of the CMs don't even look at the receipt. It worked half the time. If they say something, just say your DW gave you the wrong one.
How honorable! Wow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter