• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On site question

katyringo

DIS Veteran
So our park dates are the Saturday, Sunday, monday and Tuesday after thanksgiving.

Saturday we won’t arrive until lunch time.

Just 2 adults who love all the rides. Currently booked at best western park place.

Is it even worth it to consider staying on site for the EE to DCA? It would cost us $1000 more bucks.

I’m thinking no because we will be buying max pass, we have 3.5 days in the park and can use single rider lines if needed. We will also rope drop everyday.

Those who used early entry was it worth that extra cost to you?

If we book just one night - Sunday night on PPH will we get EE privileged for Sunday and Monday morning? Is that worth the hassle of switching hotels? (people do throw away rooms for express pass at universal, but I don’t think I could “throw away” a Disney hotel lol)

I would say no, it's not worth it. However, the Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving will be very busy.

Would you be able to delay the trip until the week after Thanksgiving?

No. Teacher here. I’m having to use banked personal days just for the 3 after.

We went during Christmas break last year so big crowds aren’t a huge deterrent for me and we stayed off site. The only difference was hey offered Magic morning every day during that time so we used ours on a usually not magic morning day and not very people realized they were open early so it was really empty. We also used a plaza inn reservation to get in early another day (booked max pass from table). Those tricks won’t work for me this time lol!

I say no, save your money! You have 3.5 days, which is a good amount of time, and there are only 2 of you, so it is easier to get a lot of stuff done. Plus you mentioned that you will be getting MaxPass, that helps A LOT. My friends got this and were able to ride all the rides they wanted to. Just try to be on the app when the time slot to get a new fastpass opens up. If you purchase a 3 Day Hopper Pass, that normally includes 1 Magic Morning; this lets you enter Disneyland 1 hour early. Normally Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open during this time, so you can knock out some of those rides that day too.

Hope this helps. Have FUN!
Kriss :tink:

I say no, save your money! You have 3.5 days, which is a good amount of time, and there are only 2 of you, so it is easier to get a lot of stuff done. Plus you mentioned that you will be getting MaxPass, that helps A LOT. My friends got this and were able to ride all the rides they wanted to. Just try to be on the app when the time slot to get a new fastpass opens up. If you purchase a 3 Day Hopper Pass, that normally includes 1 Magic Morning; this lets you enter Disneyland 1 hour early. Normally Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open during this time, so you can knock out some of those rides that day too.

Hope this helps. Have FUN!
Kriss :tink:

Hi Hojo! We actually just stayed with you in December when we went with the kids! Loved it there!

$1,000 is a LOT of money if the main draw is EE. I think you will get a lot done if you get up early and rope drop. This year the M-W after Thanksgiving were DEAD.

$1,000 is a LOT of money if the main draw is EE. I think you will get a lot done if you get up early and rope drop. This year the M-W after Thanksgiving were DEAD.

Yes. We are preparing for large crowds but in the back of my mind I’m hoping for a repeat of last year lol. I think he Sunday was even slower. Of course now everyone else is hoping too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter