on-site, then 4 night cruise, then on-site... how will FP+ work?

ForMyBoys

DIS Veteran
Hi All, We are staying two nights on-site, then taking a Disney 4 night cruise, and then staying at the Dolphin for 4 nights after the cruise. I've been reading about booking FP's and our window opens soon. Because of the split where we leave for the cruise will I only be able to book FP's for the first couple of days at the 60 day mark and will have to wait until the 60 day mark from the start of our second 4 night stay? I was hoping it would treat it like one 10 night stay as it will be way easier to get some of the better FPs towards the end of the stay if I can book them then. Thanks for any insight!!

will I only be able to book FP's for the first couple of days at the 60 day mark and will have to wait until the 60 day mark from the start of our second 4 night stay?
Yes, but for the 2nd Stay, your booking window will open 61 days before check-in based on the rolling aspect of the open booking window from Stay#1.

Do you have date-based tickets or the older MYW Tickets that are valid for 14 days?

My youngest has 5 days from an old non expiring ticket. The rest of us have the older 5 days MYW tickets that are valid for 14 days.

So are you saying that the days at our second stay will likely open up at 61 days prior and each day will open one at a time?

are you saying that the days at our second stay will likely open up at 61 days prior and each day will open one at a time?
No, I’m not.

61 days out from Stay#2 your window opens for booking for that complete stay.

We did a similar trip this November stayed CBR 2 nights prior to the cruise and then the Contemporary 4 nights after. They we able to link our stays together so that we were able to do the fast passes all at once.

We did a similar trip this November stayed CBR 2 nights prior to the cruise and then the Contemporary 4 nights after. They we able to link our stays together so that we were able to do the fast passes all at once.

Wish I would have known that. Booked pre cruise already and waiting for post cruise window to open not complaining though since I’m doing 3 day CL FP split between the two stays but would have liked to book the non CL days with only one wake up at 6:55 am lol

Hi! How did you link them all together? Did you have to call WDW resort or Disney Cruise Line? I booked first stay through Expedia, cruise through a TA and the last stay direct through the Dolphin hotel if that matters.

Last edited:

Well I called and they said they can not link the two reservations even if its a Disney cruise in between so it seems I will also have to call twice. I guess it was too good to be true :)

Who/what number do you call to get the stays linked? I will be staying at 2 different Disney hotels, moving from one to the other on day 3 of our trip. Will I need to call someone to get my 2 hotel stays linked so I can make FP ressies all at once?

TIA

Who/what number do you call to get the stays linked? I will be staying at 2 different Disney hotels, moving from one to the other on day 3 of our trip. Will I need to call someone to get my 2 hotel stays linked so I can make FP ressies all at once?

TIA
Anyone??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter