On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

I still didn't wake up until after 10 am.
This is possible???
We still had a couple things to do that morning and we had lunch reservations at 1:15. Did I mention we were still an hour and 15 minutes away from Disney?
Uh, oh...
we had to stop at his other sister's (he has 3 who all live in Florida and require separate visits :faint: ).
"Hinicetoseeyouwellit'sbeengreatbye!"
We left her house and headed to a Dollar Tree because Mike wasn't sure where he packed my hairbrush and I have a lot of hair (strike two if anyone's recording).
A swing and a miss!
About 30 minutes out from Coronado, Mike (and the car) announced that the gas tank was on empty and we'd have to get off the highway and find a gas station (strike 3).
And she's out. No! Wait, safe at third. Holy cow stolen base.
We had passed no shortage of gas stations earlier in the drive and I didn't understand why he wouldn't have stopped then when it was convenient and made this known to him.
:rolleyes:
But I'm sure in a very loving, understanding tone.
Clearly you do not understand how this game is played.
but really it was my own fault- we discovered the next day that I packed my hairbrush and my makeup bag in one of my purses so I'd have easy access to it and forgot all about it)
oh dear...
I whined most of the rest of the car ride to Disney and was certainly not the nicest person ever to deal with.
I'm sure you were absolutely delightful.

(I'm making notes here... if we ever meet... bring spare hairbrush...)
We finally passed under these gorgeous arches at 12:49 pm and my mood started to improve.
::yes:: That'll do it.
Also, these two pictures were taken 2 minutes apart! The rain came out of no where!
The rain came out of those clouds. That's how it works.

You're welcome.

:rolleyes:

:lmao:
(strike 5).
Yep. You really need to learn the rules of this game.
I was back in meltdown mode and was seriously contemplating going to ask the concierge if we could switch our MNSSHP tickets to another night since it had been such a stressful day already.
:hug:
I've been joking, but... I really do feel badly for you. This is not the way to start off what should be a very happy time.
Poor Mike was so patient with all of my ranting and complaining.
He was?

Keep him.
we walked at our top speed to the Magic Kingdom and got to the restaurant at 1:45, a mere 30 minutes after our reservation time.
Hmmm.... I sure hope that worked out okay.
Next time: where did we plan to eat and did we actually get to? And the actual fun begins!
I'm hoping you got in!

The stress of getting somewhere on time is real and not fun!
I’m excited to hear about Gran Destino, we are staying here in January!
Good to hear you found you make up and brush a girl can’t go long without that stuff :sad2: :rotfl:

We had passed no shortage of gas stations earlier in the drive and I didn't understand why he wouldn't have stopped then when it was convenient and made this known to him.
Ooops

(strike 4 but really it was my own fault- we discovered the next day that I packed my hairbrush and my makeup bag in one of my purses so I'd have easy access to it and forgot all about it).
Haha, that's totally something I'd do too

Our Lyft finally dropped us off at the Contemporary at 1:30 and we walked at our top speed to the Magic Kingdom and got to the restaurant at 1:45, a mere 30 minutes after our reservation time.
😬 I hope the party went better than the earlier part of the day!

Have so much fun this weekend in Disney!!!

is your dads birthday October 18th?

I think you are allowed to have meltdowns sometimes! It’s stressful and this stuff sucks sometimes!

I hope the trip shapes up from here and this is the end of the bad news!

I had a similar situation when I went to MVMCP last month . I arrived at GDT hoping to check in and clean up quickly before my ADR before the party. Check in line was ridiculous so I went in the lobby bathroom - changed - freshened up- dropped luggage at bell services - Lyft that seemed to take too long but luckily I made it to Contemporary with 15 minutes to spare ! Not the way you want to start your trip but hopefully it gets better from here . For me , after my meal at The Wave - I relaxed a little and then was able to enjoy the party .

We were in Orlando for 17 days from October 24 until November 9, most of which were sweltering hot. We started the trip celebrating Halloween at MNSSHP and ended it at the first MVMCP of the season.

mnsshp ornm.jpeg
mvmcp ornm.jpeg

In between we spent 5 days at Universal, went to Halloween Horror Nights twice, ran our first RunDisney race and stayed in 4 different resorts.

What an awesome trip! Kind of a little bit of everything. Can't wait to read all about it ::yes::

Being the organized one in the relationship, Mike had been packed for days. In the end, I sorted everything into piles and he did the physical packing into suitcases when he came home from work.

What a good guy :thumbsup2

Monday, October 21st, I again worked my regular shift until 3 am and then finally it was Tuesday October 22! This was my last day of work but I had switched with my best friend to work 11 am-11 pm so I only slept a few hours after leaving work at 3 am before waking up to get all the last minute stuff packed and go to work!

That's a lot of flipping around :scared1: I think if I ever had to work nights again (and I hope I don't), 3-3 wouldn't be the worst shift. I think the last few hours in 7-7 are the absolute worst. But flipping around like that...I'm not surprised you had a meltdown a day or two later :hug:

Finally, 11 pm came- I survived and didn't have to be back at work for 23 days!

:cool1:

This sign was in the bathroom which made me uneasy.

:scared1:

That is super creepy. And why wouldn't people just call 9-1-1 if they could, instead of some random number they find in a bathroom? Who knows who even printed that sketchy notice??

Who knew 16 hours in a car could be so exhausting?

:wave2:

It takes us 16-18 hours to drive to Hilton Head from here. After the last trip, I said, "never again." I hate driving that long.

Where did you guys drive from? And why?? Does your Mike not fly either? :laughing:

I'd never had Arby's before but it was a solid fast food option.
Arby's is AWESOME! We no longer have one by us but whenever we see one somewhere and need to eat - we go lol. Big beef and cheese soaked in Arby's Horsey Sauce!!
we discovered the next day that I packed my hairbrush and my makeup bag in one of my purses so I'd have easy access to it and forgot all about it)
::yes:: sounds like something I would do, pack it somewhere "easy" and then forget where. I thought you were going to say you had to stop and buy all new makeup; glad that didn't happen!

The check-in line was also about a mile long
I arrived at GDT hoping to check in and clean up quickly before my ADR before the party. Check in line was ridiculous
This was our experience when we stayed at GDT earlier this month; the line was ridiculously long and it was that way each time we walked through the lobby. Steve and I checked in separately so that was 2x we had to stand online.......................no idea why it's more of a problem there. I've seen a long line on occasion at other resorts but nothing constant like this.

What a hectic day!! I hope your night got better at MNSSHP despite it being crowded (remember I was there 😁)

Ah no on the stress experienced on the rest of the commute and Lyft situation. Hopefully with pixie dust, the rest of your trip will be magical pixiedust:

Ahhh, one of those days where the universe works against you and anything that can go wrong, will. Those particular days always seem to appear at the worst possible time. Sorry you had so many delays getting to property, sure made it a stressful entrance!

The worst days! And yes 100% always when you're already stressed just to make it worse.

My goodness, what a stressful morning! I hate how once one thing goes wrong it always seems to snowball. I'm glad Mike knows you well enough to know that you were just having a bad day and you're not usually so crabby. Although perhaps the stress wasn't worth it, I'm glad you were able to get lots of sleep to start off your trip.

I look forward to seeing where you got lunch (food makes everything better!) and I hope the party turns your day around!

Mike has the patience of a saint putting up with me all time time! i don't know how he does it lol.

Food does make everything better!

I just started following along! So sorry about the rough start (I totally relate to the Why Didn't You Check the Gas!?!?! argument!) - hopefully it gets better from here!!

This is possible???

My specialties include working a lot and not sleeping at all and then sleeping for a ridiculous number of hours when it is time to sleep lol 🤷‍♀️

"Hinicetoseeyouwellit'sbeengreatbye!"

Pretty much !

And she's out. No! Wait, safe at third. Holy cow stolen base.

giphy.gif

But I'm sure in a very loving, understanding tone.

If loving and understanding are the same as loud and annoyed, absolutely!

I'm sure you were absolutely delightful.

(I'm making notes here... if we ever meet... bring spare hairbrush...)

😇😇😇

Smart man!

The rain came out of those clouds. That's how it works.

You're welcome.

Oo it's clear now. Thank you so much.

I've been joking, but... I really do feel badly for you. This is not the way to start off what should be a very happy time.

Ugh it was so stressful. I'm happy to say the rest of the trip went up from here!

He was?

Keep him.

He may not be perfect but he has the patience of a saint when dealing with me! I'm not sure how he manages.

I had a similar situation when I went to MVMCP last month . I arrived at GDT hoping to check in and clean up quickly before my ADR before the party. Check in line was ridiculous so I went in the lobby bathroom - changed - freshened up- dropped luggage at bell services - Lyft that seemed to take too long but luckily I made it to Contemporary with 15 minutes to spare ! Not the way you want to start your trip but hopefully it gets better from here . For me , after my meal at The Wave - I relaxed a little and then was able to enjoy the party .

Your situation really was almost identical! Glad you were able to relax and enjoy after your meal- our night was much better after we ate also!

Reactions: DLo
What an awesome trip! Kind of a little bit of everything. Can't wait to read all about it ::yes::

It was an awesome trip! I love all Disney trips (obviously lol) but these long ones are my favorite because they're so different!
That's a lot of flipping around :scared1: I think if I ever had to work nights again (and I hope I don't), 3-3 wouldn't be the worst shift. I think the last few hours in 7-7 are the absolute worst. But flipping around like that...I'm not surprised you had a meltdown a day or two later :hug:

I switched to the 3-3 shift just before this trip. Now that I've had time to adjust, I agree, it's better than 7-7. I'm home when it's still "night" time and feels more normal going to sleep. It also seems a little easier to get up at a reasonable time on my days off and get things done. At the time though, I was still adjusting to the new hours and did way too much leading up to this trip so you're 100% right- it was a recipe for a meltdown!

That is super creepy. And why wouldn't people just call 9-1-1 if they could, instead of some random number they find in a bathroom? Who knows who even printed that sketchy notice??

Exactly what I was thinking!! It could've been anyone who put that sign up. It really creeped me out and I got out of there ASAP.

It takes us 16-18 hours to drive to Hilton Head from here. After the last trip, I said, "never again." I hate driving that long.

Where did you guys drive from? And why?? Does your Mike not fly either? :laughing:

Ooo I :love: :love: Hilton Head. We're in Staten Island, NYC so Hilton Head is about 12 hours for us. My sister and I drove down and stayed in the DVC resort 2 years ago and fell in love.

We typically fly except for this long Fall trip is the only time we drive. Even though it's so much longer, it makes more sense for us. We end up with SO much stuff for the trip and even worse coming home that i'm not even sure how we'd pack it all to fly lol. We'd end up having to rent a car anyway to visit Mike's family and to rent a car for that length of time was an insane amount of money so we deal with the long drive lol. I don't mind it until those last few hours and then I never wanna see a car again :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter