On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

Arby's is AWESOME! We no longer have one by us but whenever we see one somewhere and need to eat - we go lol. Big beef and cheese soaked in Arby's Horsey Sauce!!

We don't have one near us but it was really good! I would definitely eat it again!

::yes:: sounds like something I would do, pack it somewhere "easy" and then forget where. I thought you were going to say you had to stop and buy all new makeup; glad that didn't happen!

Ugh story of my life lol! I was thinking that was what I was gonna have to do too and I wasn't happy about the thought!

This was our experience when we stayed at GDT earlier this month; the line was ridiculously long and it was that way each time we walked through the lobby. Steve and I checked in separately so that was 2x we had to stand online.......................no idea why it's more of a problem there. I've seen a long line on occasion at other resorts but nothing constant like this.

I don't get it either! Especially with the online check-in and skipping the front desk, I feel like there's rarely a line anymore ever except there! So strange.

I just started following along! So sorry about the rough start (I totally relate to the Why Didn't You Check the Gas!?!?! argument!) - hopefully it gets better from here!!

:welcome: Thanks for reading!

It was stressful and frustrating but got much better afterwards!

My specialties include working a lot and not sleeping at all and then sleeping for a ridiculous number of hours when it is time to sleep lol 🤷‍♀️
Mine too... except for the sleeping lots part. But the not sleeping? I'm an expert.
giphy.gif
:eek:
If loving and understanding are the same as loud and annoyed, absolutely!
:laughing:
Ugh it was so stressful. I'm happy to say the rest of the trip went up from here!
Good! :)
He may not be perfect but he has the patience of a saint when dealing with me! I'm not sure how he manages.
:goodvibes

Crystal Palace Lunch

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas (or Happy Hanukkah or any holiday you may celebrate)!

I was exhausted by the end but we spent time with my family and Mike's family and had a great day.
----------------------------------

When we left off, we were checking in for our 1:15 lunch reservation at 1:45 pm.

giphy.gif

Thankfully, when I told the CM we were checking in way late and had issues getting there, he didn't even comment and just happily checked us in. I don't know if he could read how high my stress level was or just didn't care that we were late, but I was very grateful for that man!

We were seated in less than 5 minutes and I took a picture of food 8 minutes after we checked in so things were looking up in the world.

2x6JeQc.jpg

My first plate consisted of pierogis, some kinda pasta dish with spinach and cheese, carrots, mac and cheese, buffalo wings, corn dog nuggets and a roll. Not gourmet food by any stretch but it was yummy and I was starving.

When we decided to change our trip into a split stay, we added the dining plan on to our first two nights so we were going to take full advantage of the included alcohol.

M0FBpp6.jpg

You may recognize Mike's drink as an exotic Bud Light ($7.75). I opted for the House-Made White Sangria (
Kunde Sauvignon Blanc with Pineapple Juice and Fruit $11
). The drinks were very much needed after our morning and my sangria was delicious. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Mike's beer tasted like a Bud Light and I heard no complaints from his side of the table.

The characters were on the slower side today so we had time to go to the buffet for a second plate. To be honest, I kinda prefer when they all end up coming either at the beginning or an end of a meal because I get flustered when I have to stop eating and prepare for pictures lol.

NoygOd2.jpg

My second plate: corn dog nuggets, carrots and green beans, roast from the carving station with horseradish, a buffalo and a teriyaki wing, tomatoes and cornbread.

Then, it was time to meet some friends. Winnie the Pooh himself was the first one up and was excited to see our MNSSHP costumes.

ry6HBLM.jpg

This is my face with no makeup except a lipstick I had in the car. :scared:

tcW011s.jpg

Pooh really liked my outfit, especially my honeypot purse and he tried to eat it. Mike captured the moment on camera and, well, it didn't photograph that innocently.

N0MlKhb.jpg

Piglet came very quickly after and was cute and cuddly.

37cDKST.jpg

DzCIoyY.jpg

You can still see Pooh right behind Piglet- that's how close together they showed up!

We had a break in characters so I declared it dessert time.

IBlzKyR.jpg

They had some cute Halloween themed desserts which made my Halloween heart happy. There's a chocolate chip cookie, some kinda cheesecake dessert, bread pudding, a brownie and worms and dirt.

They also have soft serve ice cream machines and since I'm really 5 years old, I had no choice but to get some.

1B1OgUX.jpg

Eeyore showed up when we got back to the table with our desserts. He either really liked Mike and wanted to snuggle him or was terrified of him lol.

VoGZiVS.jpg

xoH1yXv.jpg

dD490ic.jpg

Last but definitely not least, Tigger showed up in all his bouncy, Tigger-rific glory!

He was over the moon excited to see Mike dressed like him!

54mfejH.jpg

w6zuro5.jpg

E8UBUi8.jpg

lYV8JII.jpg

H3JDp7q.jpg

He liked me too I guess.

wWC3Tbu.jpg

i5VA56X.jpg

eWQLAh7.jpg

And at Tigger's request, a group selfie!

UoJq77u.jpg

Our moods were 100% improved after our meal and we were excited for our night at MNSSHP!

Our waitress was taking forever with our check (and all we had to do was tip her since we were on the dining plan so I'm not sure why) but I ended up sending Mike to get in line for Jack and Sally so that I could make my way there slowly, taking pictures and shopping.

Overall thoughts on the meal: We've eaten at Crystal Palace numerous times and always enjoyed ourselves. I think breakfast is the superior meal here, with the specialty items like Pooh's puffed french toast and the breakfast lasagna. The lunch food is nothing fancy to write home about but the characters are fun and there's nothing bad about the food. The cost for our lunch buffet with the two drinks was $122.75 before tax so a great use of a TS credit but you're 100% paying for location and characters not food. We like to eat a big meal to fill us up for the parties so we're not spending precious party time eating an this fit that bill.

I love the topiaries in front of the restaurant so I stopped for some pictures on my way out.

nMJEK60.jpg

h3ssCP2.jpg

I walked out of the restaurant to this gorgeous view:

WERShpG.jpg

You can't beat a beautiful, sunny Florida day with the castle and pumpkins!

Pooh really liked my outfit, especially my honeypot purse and he tried to eat it. Mike captured the moment on camera and, well, it didn't photograph that innocently.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:, no that did not turn into a G rated picture, lol!

Also posting to say I followed you over here from your comment on my TR and am happily joining in! :)

Ha! Too funny!! :rotfl: Glad to hear the day started to turn around - Crystal Palace definitely sounds like a great value on the dining plan!

Was so odd to see alcohol served at Crystal Palace! Looks like you had an enjoyable meal esp with the interaction with Winnie the Pooh. And lucky you have such dark eyelashes! You already have built-in mascara and eyeliner :) I would love not having to wear make up but have light eyelashes.

Thankfully, when I told the CM we were checking in way late and had issues getting there, he didn't even comment and just happily checked us in
A few years ago Chris and I ended up being 30 minutes late to our Narcoosssee's ADR due to mom and monorail failure :rolleyes1 I ran in blabbering about the monorail breaking down and they didn't blink an eye, just sat us right away. I feel that with the most likely exception of holidays they'll seat you within an hour or so!
we added the dining plan on to our first two nights so we were going to take full advantage of the included alcohol.
::yes::
well, it didn't photograph that innocently.
OMG :laughing: that's great! You can blackmail Pooh now!

Thankfully, when I told the CM we were checking in way late and had issues getting there, he didn't even comment and just happily checked us in.
I'm not really all that surprised.
I mean... I guess an ADR isn't a reservation, per se. They don't hold a table for you. It's more of... a planning tool. So many tables turned over in so much time.
So I think you're being late probably didn't affect anything overly much.
We were seated in less than 5 minutes and I took a picture of food 8 minutes after we checked in so things were looking up in the world.
Yeah, that'd do it.
I opted for the House-Made White Sangria
I might've had the same. :)
To be honest, I kinda prefer when they all end up coming either at the beginning or an end of a meal because I get flustered when I have to stop eating and prepare for pictures lol.
Or... you can do like my youngest DD and I and... just tell them not to bother us! :laughing:
This is my face with no makeup except a lipstick I had in the car. :scared:
Pretty. ::yes::
Pooh really liked my outfit, especially my honeypot purse and he tried to eat it.
Mike captured the moment on camera and, well, it didn't photograph that innocently.
:lmao:
They also have soft serve ice cream machines and since I'm really 5 years old, I had no choice but to get some.
:laughing: But of course!
He either really liked Mike and wanted to snuggle him or was terrified of him lol.
Or both?
He was over the moon excited to see Mike dressed like him!
I bet! Shows, too!
Our moods were 100% improved after our meal and we were excited for our night at MNSSHP!
Good! :)
I walked out of the restaurant to this gorgeous view:
Nice!

And... I like your outfits, too!

I am all caught up!

It's not winning any gourmet food awards but it's a quick, tasty, and cheap stop.
My sister-in-law and family love Waffle House as well.

We got to Florida about 1:30 pm.
I don't know how you guys drive! We would never make it. But good for you guys!

The check-in line was also about a mile long so there was no hope of finding out if a room would be ready.
We stayed here in August, in the regular section and the line wasn't that long when we checked in but it took FOREVER!!!!!

Thankfully, when I told the CM we were checking in way late and had issues getting there, he didn't even comment and just happily checked us in. I don't know if he could read how high my stress level was or just didn't care that we were late, but I was very grateful for that man!
I feel like most of the restaurants in the parks have to accept that people will be late. It is hard to time rides and crossing the park, especially if you are new. They have to be used to it.

Oops!

Glad the meal perked you guys up. Sometimes the anxiety of getting the trip started can be too much to handle. I am sure we have all had moments like that.

I'm glad the meal was a turn around for the day. Definitely sounded like sitting down and being able to relax was exactly what you guys needed after the hectic morning!
Oh, that photo with Pooh. :rotfl:

Wow, that last photo of the castle with the blue skies just made me miss the MK. Wouldn't it be nice to be there right about now? ::yes::

Love your MNSSHP costumes!! I'm glad you had no problem being seated and that the food/drink helped improve the mood! Such cute character pics!!

Enjoying your trip report! I am a retired ICURN, and we had weird shift hours due to no one wanting to work nights. The answer? We all shared nights. We worked 12 hour shifts from 3 to 3:30. I did the 3pm to 3:30am shift and could not seem to get enough sleep! SO I know what you are dealing with, and you still have a sense of humor, LOL. I get grumpy without sleep!

Sounds like your trip is looking up. Crystal palace is one of my favorite character breakfast. I haven’t tried it for other meals.

I’m from Staten Island as well but moved to Long Island for 10 years and now enjoying southern Florida

I'm so glad your day turned around with your great experience at Crystal Palace! Hooray to the wonderful host who didn't give you any issues at check-in!

The characters look SO excited that you were dressed like them! Your pictures with Pooh are great and Mike's pictures with Tigger are quite funny as Tigger looks WAY more excited than Mike. :laughing:

I've only ever been to Crystal Palace for breakfast (it's a must-do for me now) so I'm glad to hear you think that's the superior meal there... but your lunch looks pretty good so perhaps sometime I'll have to give that a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter