On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

Yes, the day shift started at 3AM! It was weird, and I couldn't handle the lack of sleep even though I loved the job. I would get home after report at 4:30 or 5am, sleep til 9am, and tried for a nap later, but it never worked. I changed to home care and hospice after a year of that routine:)

Wow! I don't think I could come into work at 3 am lol. Some of our day shift will do it for overtime when we're short at night and something about it just seems crazy to me! I think the only reason it works for me is because I can sleep pretty much anywhere and anytime. If I couldn't, it would be a different story.

It's Really Not So Scary Part 1

I'm spending this Sunday in bed, trying my hardest to feel better. So far, it isn't really working but it's the perfect excuse to watch Disney+. I'm watching Waking Sleeping Beauty right now. They're talking about Howard Ashman getting sick and dying while Beauty and the Beast is being worked on and it's made me very emotional. :sad:

-----------------------
We had just finished lunch at Crystal Palace and recovered from our earlier issues and were ready to enjoy our night at MNSSHP.

I had already sent Mike ahead to get in line for Jack and Sally and told him I would make my way to meet him after taking some pictures and shopping.

A lovely friend from the Dis had picked up most of the MNSSHP merchandise I wanted and sent it to me because it's usually mostly sold out by the time we arrive in late October. However, my sister had requested I bring her the party ornament home so I headed to the emporium. The last couple years, they've let people shop without their party wristbands by showing the Cast Member your ticket for the party on MDE as early as 2 pm.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a good selection of merchandise still available. I Facetimed my sister quickly to confirm the ornament she wanted and make sure she didn't want anything else then grabbed a couple other things and checked out.

I picked out one of the mystery boxes of pins (partially because the box itself was so cute).

And got Mickey and Tigger! They weren't the top 2 I was hoping for but I thought it was appropriate that we got Tigger given our costumes.

I also got the Oogie Boogie wishable for Mike, as an apology for my meltdowns earlier in the day :scared:

After a restroom stop, I couldn't resist a few more Halloween decoration pictures.

Then I continued into Town Square Theater to join Mike in line. As you probably know, Jack and Sally previously met in the gazebo in Liberty Square. In August 2018, my sister and I attended MNSSHP and it down poured almost the entire time. We waited forever and ever in line for Jack and Sally as they kept getting delayed coming out for lightning and lamented how they should move them indoors. Well, halfway through the 2018 party season, they did just that and the system now is lovely.

All the way to the left where Tinkerbell's line is, there are Cast Members with iPads who will scan your magicband or park ticket to confirm you have MNSSHP tickets and then give you your party wristband as you get in line! Then you get to wait inside in air conditioning and out of any rain storm that might appear. Simply magical I tell you.

It was about 3 pm when I joined Mike in line and Jack and Sally were due to start meeting at 4:30. We were maybe the 5th or 6th group in line if I'm remembering correctly.

We passed the time in line by playing games on our phones and catching up on social media. This was also when the news dropped about Fuelrod starting to charge $3 a swap as of November 1st (which was later rescinded) which caused the Disney social media scene to explode. I'm glad they decided not to make this change because I use my Fuelrod constantly in Disney but definitely wouldn't pay to swap it.

We took this picture with a snapchat filter.

After I posted it my friend messaged me to ask where to find that dessert because she thought it was a collage I made myself :laughing:

At 4:30 on the dot, they opened the doors and let us into the next line inside the meet and greet area.

I took a picture of this bow to send to my friend to ask if she could make me a wreath with it (she said yes but hasn't yet lol. 🤷‍♀️

I made Mike take a picture of me with this Oogie Boogie sign because he's our favorite.

Then I took a picture of my bag with it because that's the kinda person I am :rotfl:

With all the pictures I took, you'd think we were waiting there forever but really we were meeting Jack and Sally at 4:38.

I don't have the slightest clue what we were talking about, but we seem very happy about it.

After the meet, we went down the Main Street bypass to get some pictures and our first bags of candy!

Clearly, we weren't the only ones.

For this picture, the photographer wanted us to act like our characters. So I was eating honey and Mike was doing...I'm not sure what. It looks like he's getting ready to take flight :rotfl:

Our next stop was back in Storybook Circus where we got in an already long line to meet the 7 dwarves. It was a few minutes after 5 when we got in line and they weren't due out until 6:15.

You have to wait outside until they're done setting up the sideshow tent area and I was melting after about 5 minutes so I walked over to Gaston's Tavern to get us some cups of ice water.

They let us in the tent around 5:20 and my complaining about melting quickly came to an end because the air conditioning was really blasting in there and I was actually kinda cold lol.

Just about 6:10, the dwarves arrived! And they were adorable as they organized themselves.

They move the line as quickly as possible but it still takes a long time and it was 6:40 before we met them.

Next time: more characters and MNSSHP fun!

Last edited:
I love the new meet and greet area for Jack and Sally, so much better than the gazebo area we met them at. They decorated the town theater so very cool!
You had a good strategy for meeting the Dwarves next, good job getting two very difficult character meets in before the party started!

What a great start to MNSSHP! You did so well to meet the dwarves AND Jack and Sally without using any party time.

Ah I'm sorry you're still sick :( Feel better!

MNSSHP was off to such a great start! It's great that you got to meet Jack & Sally and the Dwarves before the party even started!! And I love the PP pics :)

I’m so sorry about your rough first day. But it looks like it’s getting better. I love MNSSHP they are so much fun! I’ve only done it once, and it as years ago, but I definitely want to do it again one day.

Keep it coming!

They're talking about Howard Ashman getting sick and dying while Beauty and the Beast is being worked on and it's made me very emotional. :sad:
Oh dear... :hug:
I had already sent Mike ahead to get in line for Jack and Sally and told him I would make my way to meet him after taking some pictures and shopping.
Did he go quietly??
I also got the Oogie Boogie wishable for Mike, as an apology for my meltdowns earlier in the day :scared:
:rolleyes2
As you probably know, Jack and Sally previously met in the gazebo in Liberty Square.
Why yes...
We waited forever and ever in line for Jack and Sally as they kept getting delayed coming out for lightning and lamented how they should move them indoors.
OMG. That was me, too.
All the way to the left where Tinkerbell's line is, there are Cast Members with iPads who will scan your magicband or park ticket to confirm you have MNSSHP tickets and then give you your party wristband as you get in line! Then you get to wait inside in air conditioning and out of any rain storm that might appear. Simply magical I tell you.
Much better!!
This was also when the news dropped about Fuelrod starting to charge $3 a swap as of November 1st (which was later rescinded) which caused the Disney social media scene to explode.
Um... I have no idea. Presume it's free?
At 4:30 on the dot, they opened the doors and let us into the next line inside the meet and greet area.
Like the line!
Then I took a picture of my bag with it because that's the kinda person I am :rotfl:
:laughing:
For this picture, the photographer wanted us to act like our characters. So I was eating honey and Mike was doing...I'm not sure what. It looks like he's getting ready to take flight :rotfl:
What's he doing?!?!? :laughing:

Sorry to hear the flu is still hanging around. Hoping you start to feel better soon!

I didn't know that piece of information about buying merchandise earlier in the afternoon. That's good to know!

Moving Jack and Sally indoors was a really smart move on Disney's part, and it's great that you were finished with their meet before the official start of the party. Saved a lot of time.

Oh man, my sister in-law would lose her mind over that Jack wreath. :rotfl2:

You may recognize Mike's drink as an exotic Bud Light ($7.75). I opted for the House-Made White Sangria (
Kunde Sauvignon Blanc with Pineapple Juice and Fruit $11
). The drinks were very much needed after our morning and my sangria was delicious. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Mike's beer tasted like a Bud Light and I heard no complaints from his side of the table.

HAHA Bud Light for the win... but i would have gotten the Sangria too!

The characters were on the slower side today so we had time to go to the buffet for a second plate. To be honest, I kinda prefer when they all end up coming either at the beginning or an end of a meal because I get flustered when I have to stop eating and prepare for pictures lol.

I feel the same, i don't love when they came really spaced out, we do autographs and getting the books ready and making sure they are dirty its a JOB! I like first thing to be honest, i hate waiting for them at the end... drives me crazy!

Pooh really liked my outfit, especially my honeypot purse and he tried to eat it. Mike captured the moment on camera and, well, it didn't photograph that innocently.

HAHA love! :rotfl2:

Overall thoughts on the meal: We've eaten at Crystal Palace numerous times and always enjoyed ourselves. I think breakfast is the superior meal here, with the specialty items like Pooh's puffed french toast and the breakfast lasagna. The lunch food is nothing fancy to write home about but the characters are fun and there's nothing bad about the food. The cost for our lunch buffet with the two drinks was $122.75 before tax so a great use of a TS credit but you're 100% paying for location and characters not food. We like to eat a big meal to fill us up for the parties so we're not spending precious party time eating an this fit that bill.

UGH girl, we just changed our plans around to include this on our quick feb trip! I have eaten here before but i wanted you to say best ever! I didn't love our interactions last time to be honest, they fell flat, but i am excited to try again!

I'm spending this Sunday in bed, trying my hardest to feel better. So far, it isn't really working but it's the perfect excuse to watch Disney+. I'm watching Waking Sleeping Beauty right now. They're talking about Howard Ashman getting sick and dying while Beauty and the Beast is being worked on and it's made me very emotional. :sad:

I hope you're feeling better!

It was about 3 pm when I joined Mike in line and Jack and Sally were due to start meeting at 4:30. We were maybe the 5th or 6th group in line if I'm remembering correctly.

OMG these lines are crazy! I am not saying i wouldn't get in line, but you need some hard core dedication!

After I posted it my friend messaged me to ask where to find that dessert because she thought it was a collage I made myself :laughing:

UMM they look fab! i kinda want one!

he looks like he is bouncing like Tigger!

OMG 7 Dwarfs that is some really dedication, but what a cool meet! I have left out some of these meets when telling Dillon about stuff cause i know she would want to do it, but she wouldn't want to actually wait that long, she can last about an hour i think..... but maybe she would have some major dedication too!

You did so much better than me keeping up through illness. I'll chalk it up to your youth :D

Sorry to hear you had so much going on in the lead up to the trip and then drama get to Disney but glad to see everything is settling into place. Your costumes for the party are awesome and I seriously need your honey bag! Can't wait for more.

I think that's great that Jack n Sally are inside now! We met them once back in 2014 and they were right up front when you enter Main St, under cover where Santa meets. That wasn't bad and it was August so it was hot but there was shade. We've also never met the Dwarfs because I no longer have the patience to wait in long lines but I'd love to!

I love the new meet and greet area for Jack and Sally, so much better than the gazebo area we met them at. They decorated the town theater so very cool!

Me too! They decorations are better and the whole setup just makes more sense. While it's nice to walk around the park and see the different characters out, it makes more sense with the Florida weather for them to be indoors.

You had a good strategy for meeting the Dwarves next, good job getting two very difficult character meets in before the party started!

Thank you! That was our goal and it worked out perfectly!

I’m so sorry about your rough first day. But it looks like it’s getting better. I love MNSSHP they are so much fun! I’ve only done it once, and it as years ago, but I definitely want to do it again one day.

Keep it coming!

Thankfully it turned around pretty quickly. We :love: :love: Halloween and MNSSHP! I hope you can go back again!

Did he go quietly??

He did lol. I think the idea of sitting alone in air conditioning was much better than shopping with me :rotfl:

OMG. That was me, too.

Ugh it was miserable!!

Much better!!

Definitely!!

Um... I have no idea. Presume it's free?

Yup! There was news of a lawsuit filed that they were violating the original terms of purchase by charging for swaps and then it was announced that they were postponing the decision to charge for swaps. Little signs had been put on the machines saying that swaps would be $3 as of 11/1 and it was entertaining to see them removed overnight lol.

What's he doing?!?!? :laughing:

:rotfl::rotfl: I think the photographer wanted him to pose like Tigger preparing to bounce but it looks very funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!