On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

Sorry to hear the flu is still hanging around. Hoping you start to feel better soon!

Thank you! I'm almost back to normal.

I didn't know that piece of information about buying merchandise earlier in the afternoon. That's good to know!

I like that they've made this an option. I feel like a lot of people don't know about it and it's not so crowded when you're shopping!

Moving Jack and Sally indoors was a really smart move on Disney's part, and it's great that you were finished with their meet before the official start of the party. Saved a lot of time.

I'm so glad they made this change! It made the wait much more pleasant!

HAHA Bud Light for the win... but i would have gotten the Sangria too!

:rotfl: :rotfl: It was delicious!

I feel the same, i don't love when they came really spaced out, we do autographs and getting the books ready and making sure they are dirty its a JOB! I like first thing to be honest, i hate waiting for them at the end... drives me crazy!

Yess I feel like the concept of the characters coming to you at a meal instead of a line sounds great but is kinda stressful especially if you have kids! I'd much rather them all come at once so then I can just focus on eating lol.

UGH girl, we just changed our plans around to include this on our quick feb trip! I have eaten here before but i wanted you to say best ever! I didn't love our interactions last time to be honest, they fell flat, but i am excited to try again!

What meal are you doing there? Breakfast is my favorite but we've always enjoyed our lunches too!

OMG these lines are crazy! I am not saying i wouldn't get in line, but you need some hard core dedication!

They are crazy- that's why we get in line early. You still wait a while but it was insanely long by 4 pm.

UMM they look fab! i kinda want one!

They do look delicious :rotfl::rotfl:

I have left out some of these meets when telling Dillon about stuff cause i know she would want to do it, but she wouldn't want to actually wait that long, she can last about an hour i think..... but maybe she would have some major dedication too!

I don't blame you-it's definitely a major commitment. I know it's controversial lol but I see a lot of people leave one parent in line and the other parent takes the kids on rides during the wait. Some people get grumpy about it but I would much rather wait in line without a bored kid screaming personally!

You did so much better than me keeping up through illness. I'll chalk it up to your youth :D

I'm not gonna lie- there were times when it felt like I was running a marathon just to be on the Dis!

Sorry to hear you had so much going on in the lead up to the trip and then drama get to Disney but glad to see everything is settling into place. Your costumes for the party are awesome and I seriously need your honey bag! Can't wait for more.

Thank you!! :love:

I was glad things turned around once we got to Magic Kingdom and ate :rotfl:

I think that's great that Jack n Sally are inside now! We met them once back in 2014 and they were right up front when you enter Main St, under cover where Santa meets. That wasn't bad and it was August so it was hot but there was shade. We've also never met the Dwarfs because I no longer have the patience to wait in long lines but I'd love to!

Oo yes I met them there at my first MNSSHP and I don't remember it being too bad either! But 100% better with them inside.

I don't blame you- I just barely can tolerate the lines lol

He did lol. I think the idea of sitting alone in air conditioning was much better than shopping with me :rotfl:
:laughing: I can understand that!
Yup! There was news of a lawsuit filed that they were violating the original terms of purchase by charging for swaps and then it was announced that they were postponing the decision to charge for swaps. Little signs had been put on the machines saying that swaps would be $3 as of 11/1 and it was entertaining to see them removed overnight lol.
Score one for the little guy!!

Score one for the little guy!!

Seriously! I wasn't sure how it would work out because other places (like Universal) already charge to swap but I was glad it did. I swap my Fuelrod like crazy in Disney but the only perk to it is that it's free. If you have to pay to swap, it would be much more cost effective to just buy a better portable charger. Glad for those people who stuck up for us lol!

Beware of Hitckhiking Ghosts

After our meet with Snow's 7 little men, our goal was to meet the namesakes of our costumes. It was 6:45 by the time we got in line and they were already out meeting and had a pretty long line but it was our only other "must-do" meet for the night so we waited it out.

Once we got in line, I held our spot while Mike went to Tomorrowland to pick up a Halloween snack we'd been wanting to try.

This was the Pumpkin Spice Milkshake (pumpkin-spice flavored shake topped with candy pumpkins and a Mickey straw) from Auntie Gravity's. At 7.99, this was a great use of one of our snack credits. It was still super hot out so we really enjoyed this for a refreshing snack. Even though I'm probably the only person in the world who isn't obsessed with all things pumpkin-spice, I enjoyed this. The pumpkin flavor was enough to enjoy without being too overpowering.

Soon enough, it was 7 pm and we heard the announcement signaling the official start of the party.

giphy.gif

Since the treat stops were now open, Mike and I took turns going to the one in Cosmic Ray's. The line was long but moved quickly so it only took a few minutes to get through.

The line for Pooh and friends took a long time so if you're going to MNSSHP and this is a must-do for you, I would get in line earlier than we did.

It was finally our turn at 7:48.

Tigger bounced right over to us and stole our candy bags.

giphy.gif

We assumed he'd give them right back but no- he made off with them to hide.

After recovering from our theft, Mike and Tigger had some bouncing lessons.

And Pooh staying true to his character, couldn't resist my honey purse.

Resulting in another blackmail photo for the collection @ariane37

Finally, they put their mischievous ways aside long enough to pose for an adorable picture.

We were saying our goodbyes and I guess Tigger wasn't ready to let Mike leave? Or wanted to challenge him to a Tigger duel. :rotfl:

We collected our belongings to leave the meet and greet area and could not find our candy bags anywhere! We asked the character attendants but even they weren't sure where Tigger hid them. The characters were already meeting the next family so we were kinda just waiting to the side to find out where they were when a little boy in line told us he saw that Tigger had hid them in some planters on the side of the meet area. Tigger was really serious about taking our candy! Thank you little boy for saving our treats! :worship::worship:

I had read that there was a new Evil Queen magic shot in Fantasyland so when I saw a random photopass person standing in Fantasyland, I assumed that was why.

I was wrong. Still not sure why he was there to take pictures with the wall but I like how they came out.

Plus, he was able to give us the flaming pumpkin magic shot!

He also directed us to where the actual magic shot was that we were looking for which wasn't far from where he was.

It was an interesting concept but not really my favorite shot.

The video version was cooler than the picture.

Szw0l19.mp4

We walked past the Haunted Mansion and lingered for a few minutes to watch the actors on the lawn but the area was pretty crowded so we moved on quickly.

I wanted to meet the Gravediggers but when we got to the gazebo, the line was cut off and they weren't returning until after the parade so we took some magic shots in the area instead.

I told Mike when we were posing for this shot that he was hitchhiking the wrong direction and he told me "it adds to the mystique??" :rotfl::rotfl:

This Hatbox shots are some of my favorites.

After the CM took mine, she said she wanted to take some without my headband on because she wasn't sure if it would get awkwardly cut off in the shot. You can kinda see the ears here but it wouldn't have been the end of the world but I appreciated her attention to the detail.

Because I'm addicted to popcorn buckets and souvenir cups, I wanted to collect the set of the ghosts from the Haunted Mansion so we placed a mobile order at Pecos Bill. After our photos, we marked that we were there and headed to the restaurant. There was some issue with the mobile ordering system and it took a bit of time to get our order but eventually it was sorted out.

We mobile ordered the Ezra sipper (15.99 with choice of fountain drink).

And we also decided to try the Hades nachos (black bean tortilla chips topped with fiery buffalo chicken and nacho cheese sauce 12.79).

We added some stuff to them from the toppings bar and I had to put my sour cream in a separate bowl because Mike doesn't like it. (weirdo!) We thought these were pretty good! They were pretty basic nachos and not something I'd go out of my way for but they were plenty to share and filled us up.

Our plan had been to eat while walking around but when we exited the restaurant, I saw a tiny wall outside the seating area right by the start of the parade route. We always watch the parade from Main Street so I wasn't sure if we'd be allowed to stay here but Mike ended up asking a CM who said yes. It was the perfect parade spot because no one is allowed to stand against the wall there so we had a completely unobstructed view of the floats approaching.

It was about 8:30 at this point and the parade would be starting at 9:15 so Mike went over to the Golden Oak outpost to find the last Hitchhiking ghost that we needed. I spread our stuff out to hold his spot and still had to explain to a surprising number of people that I was holding the seat. This wasn't like a crazy big wall- it was basically just big enough for me and Mike to sit on and at one point a family of 4 tried to join me on it and sit basically on top of my backpack.

giphy.gif

They decided to go stand behind the wall in the seating area and then spent the whole time complaining that they couldn't see over me?? I could understand this complaint if I sat there after they were already waiting there but you literally knew you were putting yourself behind me so I don't get it?

Mike took much longer than I anticipated coming back and I started thinking he'd miss the headless horseman but he made it back with all of 5 minutes to spare. It turns out there was a huge line at the Golden Oak outpost. He was also annoyed when he came back because there was a sign up that you could get the bucket with any food item (instead of just the doughnuts it was supposed to come with) so he wanted to order fries and the CM wouldn't let him.

disney-world-haunted-mansion-sipper-2.jpg
(not my photo)

Since we were forced to have doughnuts, we made the sacrifice and ate them lol. They were ok but most importantly, our collection was complete!

This was the popcorn bucket. I think Mike went to buy it while I waited in the 7 dwarves line but it's all a little fuzzy now and I made no notes about it and only took a picture of it now when I was taking pictures of the three of them lol.

Next time: My favorite parade!

Last edited:

The line for Pooh and friends took a long time so if you're going to MNSSHP and this is a must-do for you, I would get in line earlier than we did.
They are super popular!But already having met the dwarves and J&S, you still were on top of the game!

:rotfl: :rotfl:
And Pooh staying true to his character, couldn't resist my honey purse.
Love it!
We collected our belongings to leave the meet and greet area and could not find our candy bags anywhere! We asked the character attendants but even they weren't sure where Tigger hid them. The characters were already meeting the next family so we were kinda just waiting to the side to find out where they were when a little boy in line told us he saw that Tigger had hid them in some planters on the side of the meet area. Tigger was really serious about taking our candy! Thank you little boy for saving our treats! :worship::worship:
That is too funny!
I love them! They turned out so well. :)
We added some stuff to them from the toppings bar and I had to put my sour cream in a separate bowl because Mike doesn't like it. (weirdo!) We thought these were pretty good! They were pretty basic nachos and not something I'd go out of my way for but they were plenty to share and filled us up.
Nachos and the topping bar at Pecos are always a good bet. I am obsessed with Hitchhiking Ghost sippers!
It was about 8:30 at this point and the parade would be starting at 9:15 so Mike went over to the Golden Oak outpost to find the last Hitchhiking ghost that we needed. I spread our stuff out to hold his spot and still had to explain to a surprising number of people that I was holding the seat. This wasn't like a crazy big wall- it was basically just big enough for me and Mike to sit on and at one point a family of 4 tried to join me on it and sit basically on top of my backpack.
What is wrong with people??????

Even though I'm probably the only person in the world who isn't obsessed with all things pumpkin-spice, I enjoyed this. The pumpkin flavor was enough to enjoy without being too overpowering.

I like pumpkin pie, but I'm one of the few people who don't fall prey to the PSL craze. I tried it once cold and once hot, and it wasn't my cup of tea. :confused3 Glad to hear this treat wasn't overpowering with the pumpkin.

It's so fun when the characters really embrace their personalities.

Resulting in another blackmail photo for the collection

:rotfl2::rotfl:

when a little boy in line told us he saw that Tigger had hid them in some planters on the side of the meet area. Tigger was really serious about taking our candy!

Oh boy! I can't believe Tigger legitimately hid your candy! Glad that kid helped you rescue your bags!

at one point a family of 4 tried to join me on it and sit basically on top of my backpack.

It drives me crazy when people try to squeeze into spots that are clearly too small for their group. Wishing the spot was available doesn't make it possible...That's definitely one of the most stressful parts of waiting for a parade, though. When another person leaves and your left guarding their spot. It's a lot of pressure!

Make that 2 people in the world lol I don't like pumpkin spice anything!

What a fun meet with the Pooh Gang! Tigger really did a good job of hiding the candy!!

The hitchhiking ghost collection is really cute!

Finally, they put their mischievous ways aside long enough to pose for an adorable picture.

Great Photo!

. Tigger was really serious about taking our candy! Thank you little boy for saving our treats! :worship::worship:
Ha! That is hilarious. Way to go kid!

Your expressions are perfect!

I told Mike when we were posing for this shot that he was hitchhiking the wrong direction and he told me "it adds to the mystique??" :rotfl::rotfl:
I like it, sticking with his plan.

This was the Pumpkin Spice Milkshake
I would've skipped that because...
Even though I'm probably the only person in the world who isn't obsessed with all things pumpkin-spice
… you're not the only person not obsessed with all things pumpkin-spice.
Soon enough, it was 7 pm and we heard the announcement signaling the official start of the party.
Woot!
:laughing:
We assumed he'd give them right back but no- he made off with them to hide.
Oh, no! :laughing:
After recovering from our theft, Mike and Tigger had some bouncing lessons.
Well that makes sense. If you're going to learn, might as well learn from the master.
:lmao:
You got felt up quite a bit, this trip! You should have free passes for life!
Wow! I know they just forgot, but... man that was a close one!
Score. :)
He also directed us to where the actual magic shot was that we were looking for which wasn't far from where he was.

It was an interesting concept but not really my favorite shot.
I don't care for those. Really just static shots with a not so great frame.
I could do much better.
:lmao:
Those are fun. :)
And we also decided to try the Hades nachos (black bean tortilla chips topped with fiery buffalo chicken and nacho cheese sauce 12.79).
mmm... look yummy!
We added some stuff to them from the toppings bar and I had to put my sour cream in a separate bowl because Mike doesn't like it. (weirdo!)
I'm with Mike. I only like sour cream on baked potatoes... and even then, not always.
This wasn't like a crazy big wall- it was basically just big enough for me and Mike to sit on and at one point a family of 4 tried to join me on it and sit basically on top of my backpack.
:sad2:
They decided to go stand behind the wall in the seating area and then spent the whole time complaining that they couldn't see over me?? I could understand this complaint if I sat there after they were already waiting there but you literally knew you were putting yourself behind me so I don't get it?
:sad2: Entitled much?
I loathe people who complain that they don't have something just because someone else does.

Since we were forced to have doughnuts, we made the sacrifice and ate them lol.
How did you survive!?!?

I'm probably the only person in the world who isn't obsessed with all things pumpkin-spice, I enjoyed this.
Nope I'm not! I really don't like pumpkin! I think this float looks good but figured I wouldn't like it at all; maybe if the taste isn't overpoweringly pumpkin I'd be ok?
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: OMG this is better than the last one I think!!!!
t was an interesting concept but not really my favorite shot.
Yeah I like the idea but the pictures are "eh". Not because of who's in them lol but just all around
I spread our stuff out to hold his spot and still had to explain to a surprising number of people that I was holding the seat. This wasn't like a crazy big wall- it was basically just big enough for me and Mike to sit on and at one point a family of 4 tried to join me on it and sit basically on top of my backpack.
We usually don't stake spots out for any parade more than maybe 20 minutes ahead of time including Boo to You and rarely watch any parade on Main St. But last month I wanted to watch the Xmas parade from Main St so we got a good spot 45 minutes early and I cannot tell you how many people tried not only getting in our space (I was directly behind a garbage pail and Steve was next to me) but shoving this nice family sitting on the curb to our right out of their seats! They were there before us, dad was against the side of the garbage pail and then the 2 kids and mom were next to him. At one point the boys were dancing in the street and 2 people who had been wandering around nearby tried sitting in between the parents :confused3 About 10 minutes before the parade Steve decided he needed to pee so I held my arms out like I was pretending to be an airplane so nobody could crowd into his spot lol

This looks and sounds amazing!!!! I'm not a huge pumpkin fan but I'd never turn down a cold milkshake on a warm day

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: And to a family member do less!

Great picture! The wait was well worth it

Tigger was really serious about taking our candy! Thank you little boy for saving our treats! :worship::worship:
That is crazyI I just figured he'd put them off to the side somewhere. Guess he was really feeling his pirate costume.

This is awesome! And love all the food buckets. What a cool souvenir

his wasn't like a crazy big wall- it was basically just big enough for me and Mike to sit on and at one point a family of 4 tried to join me on it and sit basically on top of my backpack.
Of course they did, because don't you know they paid a lot of money to be there and their parade viewing location is of much more importance than Mikes

Omg! I love the haunted Mansion buckets and sippers! They are so precious!

How crazy was that family! I just don't get some people when they act that way.

Wow, you managed to meet Jack and Sally, the Seven Dwarves, AND the Pooh gang in their costumes?! I'm impressed!

That interaction with Tigger is hilarious! (But I'm glad that little boy helped you retrieve your candy!)

People and their parade behavior are ridiculous. I'm glad you were able to hold your spots!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter