On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

Pat Morita: "You are getting sleepy."
Ralph Macchio: "Stop waving your hands in my face."
Pat Morita: <Kicks Ralph's butt into the next county.>

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Did that stop people from complaining?

I think it made it worst honestly. A lot of people seemed to crowd into the seating area there and I think they thought once the parade started, no one would enforce the no blocking the stairs rule but then the CM showed up.

::yes:: Best parade ever!

Yes!

Yeah... can we have more Halloween stuff at the Halloween parade???

Yes please!!

Perfect roll eyes, Courtney.

I wish I remembered why I was doing that :rotfl:

Wait... they spoke to you????

No lol, gestured and the character attendant helped with interpretation!

The grave diggers are my favorite!!! I wish you could meet them year round.

Me too! That would be great!

When I did my Princess Half Marathon there were HM cast members on "watching" the run and so I stopped to take a picture with them. I'm sure that's not why they were there but they were awesome and stayed in character the whole time cracking jokes about running and be the last ghost of the 999. I loved it!

Omg that's awesome! I love when the CM's are really in character!

We've only done the party once but the parade was so my favorite part. Those Grave Diggers really make and whole parade.

They really do! :love:

And wow, awesome luck with the characters after the parade! I recall reading someone elses report and I thought they'd waited like an hour for Moana. Perfect plan to get it done as the parade was still going on.

It really worked out perfectly! It's the first time we ever watched the parade from Frontierland instead of Main Street but it ended up being a good strategy.

I'm here! And I'm still so jealous how long your trip was!

:welcome: Thanks for reading!

Oh man what a ride in! I know that feeling of frustration all too well and being the cranky monster funk that you just can't snap out of! (I also did not have a hair brush packed in December lol glad you found yours!)

Ugh it was the worst lol. I was glad I found it and annoyed because at myself since we already stopped to buy another one lol.

we also noticed slow waitresses when it came time to tip the last few trips. Like I want to leave don't you want to turn over your table???

Right! I was like uh I'm trying to give you money please come take it lol

Did NOT know that mobile ordering was an option during MNSSHP at Pecos Bills. I waited in far too long a line for those nachos at the first party!!

Yeah it was pretty much chaos in there even with mobile ordering so I can only imagine how long it took!

The parade control CM came to stand on the other side of Mike and block people from trying to stand on the stairs. He started talking to Mike and said that since we were sitting in the perfect spot, we should do parade control also. Mike said ok and he handed over his light stick. :rotfl:

HAHA love it!

We got to the Tiki Room and I asked the CM how long the line was right now and was thrilled when she said "uhhh about 5 minutes!" We walked in and there were only 2 families waiting!

oh my this is amazing!

They asked if it really had honey in it and I said "ummm there's an iphone in it ?":rotfl::rotfl:

They were displeased.

haha! Love it, i love how mike i staring them down in your pic too!

You make me REALLY want to try and Halloween party like really bad!

The Gravediggers are one of my favorite parts!
Me too!

I will say for years Boo To You has been my favorite parade. But after seeing the Xmas parade (again) this year after not seeing it since 2012 I ended up loving it more than I remembered! Not sure if it was because the party itself was more enjoyable with the lower crowds lol or if I'm changing my favorite parade.................

Me too!

I will say for years Boo To You has been my favorite parade. But after seeing the Xmas parade (again) this year after not seeing it since 2012 I ended up loving it more than I remembered! Not sure if it was because the party itself was more enjoyable with the lower crowds lol or if I'm changing my favorite parade.................

I do like the Christmas parade too! The toy soldiers are amazing. I think Boo to You is my favorite still though just because I like Halloween the most!

I thought the HM bride was a great addition to the parade.
We wanted to meet Moana and the wait was crazy so good thinking to hit it up after the parade!
We loved our meet with the Gravediggers very cool, glad they met now.

Hi everyone- I'm back. I've been trying to update my June report more to get it finished because I still have to start December lol.

That said, I just started a PTR for our 2020 trips. I wasn't planning one because there wasn't a lot of Disney in our plans, but of course, that has changed! Please join me there also:

2020: Time to See the West Coast (but still find time to go to Orlando too)!

RIP Hallowishes

When we left off, we were on our way to Main Street to get a spot for the new Halloween fireworks. Mike and I had been messaging back and forth with a friend we were hoping to meet and she was already on Main Street. We'd never met in person before and I have horrible people identifying skills (seriously- ask me what someone looks like 5 minutes after I see them, it's basically "Well they definitely had eyes and a nose) and with the sea of humanity on Main Street, I had no faith that we would find them.

By some miracle, Mike spotted her and her husband very quickly. We're all admins of a Disney FB group together and she and Mike both participate in the same podcast and she also happens to be an agent for the same travel agency as me! Small world. They were leaving on a cruise with our agency for a FAM trip the next day but our trip was already booked and planned when our agency owner announced it and we decided not to change our whole vacation around for it. We all chatted about our evenings for a little while and got along well and got a picture together.

Mike and I had specifically avoided any pictures of videos of the new firework show prior to coming so that we could see it for the first time in person, It wasn't an easy task given how everything is on social media instantly these days but we did it pretty well! Considering we didn't stake out a spot and just kinda stood where we were on Main Street, I was happy with our view.

Overall thoughts: I liked the new fireworks show but I'm not in love. I liked Hallowishes and it was clear when Wishes got the axe that it was next and I wasn't surprised that the new show is projection based. I like the projections on the castle but I don't like how hard it makes it to see when you're short like me lol. The concept of the Jack puppet was nice but I feel they could've executed it better because it's practically impossible to see if you aren't right up on the castle. I thought when it was first announced that we'd be getting Zero flying around the castle like in Disneyland and I think that would've been better than the Jack puppet.

When the show ended, we said goodbye to our friend as they were sticking around to watch the second parade and we had characters and trick or treating to get to!

It was basically a herd of people walking into Tomorrowland so we joined in.

I love these projections on the rocks!

We checked on the line for Elvis Stitch but it was long and we've met him a bunch of times so we decided to check out the trail inside Monsters Inc Laugh Floor.

I assumed it would be continuously running but it wasn't so we got our candy and moved on. We enjoy seeing this show so I wish we had gotten to enjoy it but I didn't want to waste time waiting for it to start.

I did like the Halloween graphic though!

We went to check the wait time for Lotso and found he was on a break but due to come back out shortly and we were first in line to meet him when he came back!

I love how cute they made his meet and greet area!

Even though I know he's a villain, he's so cute and cuddly and smells like strawberries that I can't help hugging him. It's Halloween- what can you do?

The Carousel of Progress was closed to be a treat location but instead of candy they were giving out those Go Go Squeez applesauce pouches. I happen to love those and they're a perfect park snack lol so we went through a couple times!

I took a picture of the sign because people were complaining on the MNSSHP thread last year that they would've liked to know ahead of time they weren't gonna get candy :confused3 :confused3 and look-all you had to do was read!

Last edited:
The End of MNSSHP

It was a little after 11 at this point so there was just under an hour left of party time. We decided to make our way back to Storybook Circus because we didn't get to meet Donald and Daisy last year. We also decided to stop at any trick or treat spots we passed on our way lol.

Some time in the middle of the party season, they moved Minnie and Donald/Daisy's meets into one line and inside the Dumbo tent instead of outside.

I was grateful for this move because it was still SO hot. Plus one line to meet more characters is always good in my book lol. The line took about 25 minutes still but I heard it was over an hour earlier in the party so it wasn't terrible.

Minnie was adorable as a witch.

We had to wait about 5 more minutes to meet Donald and Daisy. They were adorable and so playful.

After exiting the Dumbo tent, we found Goofy right next door, meeting between Dumbo and the Barnstormer with only one family in line.

He loved our costumes and made Mike get into character and bounce.

He was also intrigued by my honey pot purse.

There was only 15 minutes left of party time at this point so we made our way back up through Fantasyland.

Gaston's Tavern was already closed for the night and the area was so empty.

Belle and Gaston were still out meeting and we were shocked the line wasn't closed off so that was our last character meet of the night!

Gaston was, well, Gaston and said we were smart to make time to meet such a handsome man this evening. Mike said where? :rotfl:

Apparently I found him slightly more charming. :rolleyes1

I remember stopping for one last TOT stop right at midnight and I'm thinking it must have been at Pinocchio's Village Haus. Otherwise, I'm not sure why we would've walked this way to Main Street.

We made the executive decision to stick watching the Hocus Pocus show at midnight because the area in front of the castle still looked packed and we were exhausted and had no tolerance left to deal with people lol.

Of course, we needed a picture on Main Street on the way out though.

And I took tons of decoration pictures on my way out because they're my favorite and I can't help myself.

I could tell Mike was done for the night but I really didn't want to miss the Headless Horseman magic shot and pleaded with him for one last picture.

He said yes because he's the best person ever.

We made our way to the Coronado Springs bus stop and I swear no matter what hotel we stay at, it's the last bus stop lol. The bus luckily came quickly. We somehow got confused when we got off the bus though and ended up by the old check-in area and had to find our way to the tower.

We found it pretty easily and I took the opportunity for some pictures since I wasn't stressed and grumpy like I was earlier (just exhausted and dead on my feet lol).

We passed by the bar which was closed since it was almost 1 am but gave me a perfect opportunity to take a picture of how gorgeous it is.

Even though I was so tired, the tower was so pretty I couldn't help taking more pictures lol.

Look at that Walt and Mickey in the background :love::love:

I took a picture of this wall and told Mike that when I wasn't dead exhausted he was going to have to take pictures of me in front of it lol.

Our room was in the Cabanas section, building 8B which was exactly what I requested. We've stayed here several times and I always request this building because it's close to the main pool, close to a bus stop and parking lot and not a bad walk to the lobby/food court. Our room faced the parking lot and bus stop and we were able to park about 6 feet from our door which was a blessing.

We'd seen the refurbed rooms already but took pictures anyway because that's what you do!

(Not so) Hidden Mickey!

I had seen before that they put the names on the TV and wasn't sure what they'd put for us with two different last names but lo and behold- we were both on there. Small touch but so nice!

And I love these pictures on the wall! A small Disney touch like this is what I felt the rooms at CBR were missing.

The couple that photographs rooms together stays together?

Even though we were only staying here for two nights and packed our suitcases accordingly, we decided to take everything out of the car because the New Yorker in us was convinced the car would be stolen otherwise.

At 1:30 AM, I took this video of the 3 hitchhiking ghost buckets together and then promptly put on Stacy and passed out!

We had a goal to be at Hollywood Studios before it opened at 6 am for EEMH tomorrow! Think we'll make it?

I thought the HM bride was a great addition to the parade.
We wanted to meet Moana and the wait was crazy so good thinking to hit it up after the parade!
We loved our meet with the Gravediggers very cool, glad they met now.

Yeah my sister and I waited a long time to meet her in 2018 and I wasn't willing to do it again lol.

They're a perfect meet for Halloween! I wish they had more HM meets!

By some miracle, Mike spotted her and her husband very quickly. We're all admins of a Disney FB group together and she and Mike both participate in the same podcast and she also happens to be an agent for the same travel agency as me! Small world. They were leaving on a cruise with our agency for a FAM trip the next day but our trip was already booked and planned when our agency owner announced it and we decided not to change our whole vacation around for it. We all chatted about our evenings for a little while and got along well and got a picture together.
It is a small world! I love meeting online friends at Disney. Conversation is always easier because you already have something in common!
When the show ended, we said goodbye to our friend as they were sticking around to watch the second parade and we had characters and trick or treating to get to!
I love all the characters you managed to meet!
Even though I know he's a villain, he's so cute and cuddly and smells like strawberries that I can't help hugging him. It's Halloween- what can you do?
He is cute....cute but bad!
I took a picture of the sign because people were complaining on the MNSSHP thread last year that they would've liked to know ahead of time they weren't gonna get candy :confused3 :confused3 and look-all you had to do was read!
What?? You mean people should be responsible and educate themselves???? :rolleyes:
Minnie was adorable as a witch.
::yes::
We had to wait about 5 more minutes to meet Donald and Daisy. They were adorable and so playful.
Love Daisy's outfit!
He loved our costumes and made Mike get into character and bounce.
So fun!
Gaston was, well, Gaston and said we were smart to make time to meet such a handsome man this evening. Mike said where? :rotfl:
Love it!
I could tell Mike was done for the night but I really didn't want to miss the Headless Horseman magic shot and pleaded with him for one last picture.

He said yes because he's the best person ever.
So nice!
Even though we were only staying here for two nights and packed our suitcases accordingly, we decided to take everything out of the car because the New Yorker in us was convinced the car would be stolen otherwise.
I'd do the same thing!
We had a goal to be at Hollywood Studios before it opened at 6 am for EEMH tomorrow! Think we'll make it?
Of course! Who needs sleep at Disney????

I agree about the fireworks at MNSSHP not my favorite now.
You two had a wonderful party despite the crowds!
I have always wanted the picture with the headless horseman and we are always to tired to do it.

Awesome that you could meet up with a friend!

I think I'll feel the same way about the fireworks as you. Hallowishes was just SO good!

Love the character pics! You were able to get a lot of meets in after the parade!

I'm glad it was a great party for you guys!

:rotfl: This really made me laugh! Reminds me of every time my mom wouldn't let me leave anything in the car because "someone might break in"

That made me laugh as a former NYer. I try never to leave stuff in the car. We drive a tesla that has a front truck so for our one night stay before our cruise, we had everything in there for our overnight stay so we didn't have to go into the trunk.

It drives me nuts when my 14 year old stays at school for track their bags are just put in a shed that isn't locked. Once a week they practice at a public park. The first time my daughter was with a good friend and I made them both leave their bags with me. The following week it was just my daughter and she wore pants that she could run in that had a pocket for her phone.

When we left off, we were on our way to Main Street to get a spot for the new Halloween fireworks. Mike and I had been messaging back and forth with a friend we were hoping to meet and she was already on Main Street. We'd never met in person before and I have horrible people identifying skills (seriously- ask me what someone looks like 5 minutes after I see them, it's basically "Well they definitely had eyes and a nose) and with the sea of humanity on Main Street, I had no faith that we would find them.

How fun! I love it eyes and a nose :rotfl2:

ven though I know he's a villain, he's so cute and cuddly and smells like strawberries that I can't help hugging him. It's Halloween- what can you do?

haha! he is so cute thought!

The Carousel of Progress was closed to be a treat location but instead of candy they were giving out those Go Go Squeez applesauce pouches. I happen to love those and they're a perfect park snack lol so we went through a couple times!

This cracks me up! I feel like those things are everywhere!

Belle and Gaston were still out meeting and we were shocked the line wasn't closed off so that was our last character meet of the night!

HAHA! I want to meet Gaston so bad! We have never time it right and i never feel like waiting forever!

We found it pretty easily and I took the opportunity for some pictures since I wasn't stressed and grumpy like I was earlier (just exhausted and dead on my feet lol).

duh GIF

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!