On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

What's supposed to be scary about Chiquita Banana? :banana:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: great question!

Before I even read what you said my reaction was that looks like way to large of a gathering of chainsawers and highly annoying. Add screaming teenagers and no, thank you!

Ugh my least favorite part of any Halloween event- chainsaws and teenagers lol. It makes me feel really old to say it but I really cringe when I see groups of teens!

I'm all caught up! The brunch at Hard Rock looked delicious, and that was a really good price for a theme park.

The Killer Klown photo op looked awesome. Pretty great they had that set up.

Had to laugh about your chainsaw reasoning. I can definitely see the teenage girl screaming scenario being the case. :rotfl:

Great trip report! I am definitely following along. I never thought I could make it through HHN. Those houses are not my thing at all.

All of them? So nurses are not like dentists where you can only get 4/5 to agree on anything?

Nope we're like a gang lol

Serious question. Doesn't that get a bit old after a while?

I'm very easily startled so they kinda get me each time even when it's obvious that they're gonna jump out lol. But honestly, what I like about HHN isn't that I'm scared out of my mind when I'm there, it's how much thought and detail goes into the design of the houses and costumes and everything!

Nope we're like a gang lol
I'm only extremely intimidated. You guys have access to drugs and sharp pointy needles!
I'm very easily startled so they kinda get me each time even when it's obvious that they're gonna jump out lol. But honestly, what I like about HHN isn't that I'm scared out of my mind when I'm there, it's how much thought and detail goes into the design of the houses and costumes and everything!
Now that I can understand!

Academy of Villains

Another disclaimer here that this is another HHN update so be warned that the photos/videos may not be your thing.

When we left off, we had just ridden Men In Black and were getting ready to go watch the show, Academy of Villains.

I decided to stop for a drink refill on the way in.

We entered the stadium at 7:30 for the 7:45 show and got great seats.

I really liked the show in previous years but this year it was just okay. Some parts of it were cool but this next part was a contortionist and it kinda freaked me out.

https://imgur.com/PgYQWsd
And yup- he came back for the finale - on the platform right next to me lol. Don't get me wrong, I admire his dedication and commitment but it just creeps me out a little and seems like it can't be healthy.

I'm glad we stopped to watch the show and I enjoyed it but it just didn't impress me as much as other years.

After the show, all the houses had longer lines than we wanted to wait in so we went through some scare zones.

First was the Rob Zombie one.

It was cooler than I expected and there was a lot of different entertainment happening.

Some of the entertainment was scantily clad women dancing in boxes up high. There was a lot of security walking around watching what people were videoing/taking pictures and stopping them if they felt the need. On the one hand, I can appreciate their attention to making sure the employees are respected but on the other, I'm not sure what they expected to take place. The world is all about recording things for social media these days.

Anyway, I opted not to take any photos of videos because I was afraid to get approached by security lol.

The entrance to the Fast and the Furious ride was basically in the scare zone and, if memory serves, it had started to rain so I suggested we go on. Mike thinks the ride is lame so he wasn't that excited but I said it was only a 15 minute wait and would get us out of the rain so he gave in.

The preshow actor was hysterical last time we did this ride so I was disappointed that they weren't doing it. It's really the best part of the attraction lol.

The ride vehicle reminds me of the Kong vehicle and the premise of the attraction is that you're on a party bus. It's similar to Kong but it's a silly story line and not as thrilling. It gets a lot of hate and while it's not a must do for me, I don't hate it.

We headed to the Zombieland scare zone next. It was okay and had some fun photo ops.

Allegedly, some kinda show was supposed to happen but we never saw it.

While we stopped for this photo op, some zombies from the scare zone jumped in. I saw them sneak in but apparently Mike didn't and when he saw the pictures after, he asked if it was like a magic shot. :rotfl: I said "uh no those are real zombies!"

I really liked the show in previous years but this year it was just okay. Some parts of it were cool but this next part was a contortionist and it kinda freaked me out.
I actually liked that (video). It was interesting. I've seen enough contortionists on AGT, so I guess I'm used to it.
And yup- he came back for the finale - on the platform right next to me lol.
:laughing: Just for you!
Some of the entertainment was scantily clad women dancing in boxes up high
I'm thinking I need to go to HHN... for no particular reason.

:rolleyes1
There was a lot of security walking around watching what people were videoing/taking pictures and stopping them if they felt the need. On the one hand, I can appreciate their attention to making sure the employees are respected but on the other, I'm not sure what they expected to take place. The world is all about recording things for social media these days.
Yeah, that's weird...
I mean. They have all kinds of things and people on display and then don't discourage photography of them/those... so what's the difference? :confused3
Anyway, I opted not to take any photos of videos because I was afraid to get approached by security lol.
I can see that.

Tragic, though.
The entrance to the Fast and the Furious ride was basically in the scare zone and, if memory serves, it had started to rain so I suggested we go on. Mike thinks the ride is lame so he wasn't that excited but I said it was only a 15 minute wait and would get us out of the rain so he gave in.
Yeah... I think I'd need rain to go on it again.

:rolleyes:
The preshow actor was hysterical last time we did this ride so I was disappointed that they weren't doing it. It's really the best part of the attraction lol.
It is!
It's similar to Kong but it's a silly story line and not as thrilling
It's disappointing. You'd think it would be thrilling, but... dunno. Maybe they just tried to hard and went over the line from thrilling to ridiculous?
While we stopped for this photo op, some zombies from the scare zone jumped in. I saw them sneak in but apparently Mike didn't and when he saw the pictures after, he asked if it was like a magic shot. :rotfl: I said "uh no those are real zombies!"
:lmao:

Last year was our first time at HHN so only experience with the show. It totally wasn't what I expected but it was ok. Like you said some parts were cool, some were boring, but I liked the contortionist lol! Hard to watch at certain point depending on what he was doing!

I love your HHN reviews.
The scare zones are so cool, I enjoyed those a few years back
We never did any of the shows since we only had one night.
Fast and Furious is really meh to me, the walk through was the best part
Cool Zombie photo.
I agree totally about the chainsaw guys, loud and not my favorite
Haha as a nurse I get your concern for the contortionist, not good for the body!

First and foremost I want to say thank you for everything you do being a Nurse. I’m a Barber by trade, but I also work part time as a patient transporter at Stony Brook on Long Island. Nurses restore my faith in humanity. I see you, I mean really see ALL that you guys do. I feel there are not sufficient enough words to describe the respect I have for your profession. That being said, I typically do not read trip reports on here. Usually I just follow threads pertaining to our upcoming trips for tips and advice. I had done a search for Crystal Palace MNSSHP for our trip in October trying to decide if I want to book an ADR during our party since we will only be there for the party. I started reading and I got hooked! I absolutely LOVED the past couple of nights reliving your trip! It’s been a great escape from reality and you truly know how to vacation! I’m so impressed by everything you were able to accomplish, and am on the edge of my seat now wanting to read the rest! So thank you for all the time and effort you put into sharing as well. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every tidbit! I do have a question if you don’t mind me asking. Where did you find Mike’s Tigger hat? We’ve kind of made MNSSHP our family tradition for the past couple of years and always do family themed Disney costumes. This year is going to be Pooh & Friends. I was actually looking for something exactly like that for my fiancé who will be Tigger, I’ll be piglet, my MIL Pooh, our 5 year old daughter Eeyore (because of course, he’s MY favorite so naturally now her fav too! :laughing:) and our 2 year old son will be Christopher Robin. Planning and thinking about this trip is helping me keep my sanity thru all of this! Well that, and now also following along on your amazing adventures!:thumbsup2

I really liked the show in previous years but this year it was just okay.

I felt the same way, I liked the year before's show better but I know a lot of people felt the opposite way.

There was a lot of security walking around watching what people were videoing/taking pictures and stopping them if they felt the need.

That's so strange, I don't think I ever saw/noticed any security specifically around the dancer's platforms.

Allegedly, some kinda show was supposed to happen but we never saw it.

We never saw it either :rotfl: I'm not convinced it existed.

49725673951_118d7e16b4_c.jpg
This made me laugh out loud. Looks like some random girl just jumped in your picture, not a zombie. I thought it was one of the girls who got you a drink at first :D

I want to do HHN so bad! My sister and I have started discussing a possible fall 2021 trip and I want to include HHN in this… My other sister who may or may not be in for the trip is a spook at a local haunt most years, so she lives for spooky stuff. Killer Klowns is one movie that terrified me so thoroughly I’m not sure I could handle the house… ugh I still occasionally have nightmares about it.

It sounds like some of the houses are great, and others are just so-so, but overall it seems like a great event. I’ll definitely have to keep looking into it…

MIB is one of my favorite rides of all time. I love the movie, I feel like the shooting works better than Buzz… just overall love it. We rode it 2 or 3 times in one day when we went to Universal because we all love it so much. Lol. I really dislike the Fast and Furious ride though. Probably not helped that by the fact that I've never watched any of the movies :confused3 .

I actually liked that (video). It was interesting. I've seen enough contortionists on AGT, so I guess I'm used to it.

I've seen them at different Halloween events before and they're just not my cup of tea lol.

I'm thinking I need to go to HHN... for no particular reason.

Hmm not sure why, could you elaborate?

Yeah, that's weird...
I mean. They have all kinds of things and people on display and then don't discourage photography of them/those... so what's the difference? :confused3

🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ It was strange to me but all I can think is that maybe they had issues previously during the event?

I can see that.

Tragic, though.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Last year was our first time at HHN so only experience with the show. It totally wasn't what I expected but it was ok. Like you said some parts were cool, some were boring, but I liked the contortionist lol! Hard to watch at certain point depending on what he was doing!

I wasn't sure what to expect the first time either but I loved it in previous years. Last year I thought was just okay. It was hard to watch some of the contortionist acts- it looks so painful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts