On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

I was surprised at how much we like Marathon of Mayhem, it was really good!

Same!
So was the Graveyard Games house but I don't remember screens with info on the teens which would have been cool. I wonder if they just weren't lit up or on yet? It was like the 2nd house we did and still really early and light out.

Oo I bet it was too light out!

Reading your report is making me want to go again this year!

I can't wait to go this year! Hopefully we will have some semblance of normal by then.

Your HHN night sounded awesome! I loved reading about it, because it's something I swear I'm going to do one day but don't actually think it'll happen.

I hope you do get to go at least once! It's an awesome event.

You guys accomplished a lot on your first night, and I applaud your courage to ride Rip Ride Rocket at the end of the night. :laughing:

:rotfl: :rotfl: At that point, walking there was more frightening than the ride itself lol.

Monday October 28, 2019

How's everyone holding up where they are?

Things here in NY seem to be getting better 🤞 🤞 so I'm cautiously hopeful that we can get some kinda normal back in the near future. Life has been kicking my butt recently though and I just have had no energy to get to the boards!

--------------------

After our late night at HHN, we were all happy to sleep in this morning.

Mike and I were heading over to Disney but Steve was happy to snooze the morning away. We had signed up for one of the Food and Wine events and then when we plotted out our days and it fell in the middle of our Universal days, we opted to keep it anyway.

We left around 10 am and in about 20 minutes, were greeted by this glorious sight. :love:

What I would give to be driving under this sign right now!

We drove over to the Boardwalk to park and walk to Epcot.

For me, no trip to the Boardwalk is complete without stopping for this photo lol.

I started refreshing for FPs as we walked and was super excited to pull this one!

As we entered Epcot through the International Gateway, we spotted Mickey, Minnie and Goofy meeting with short lines! We've experienced character training in this location before but they were here pretty consistently through our trip, I assume as a result of the Character Spot being closed.

Mickey was up first and I was excited to show him that he was on my Halloween bag!

Minnie was just across the way and I guess the boys were nice enough to give her the only spot with some shade.

Goofy was our last stop and was very excited about our Halloween attire. I think this was his imitation of a skeleton lol.

He also bowed to Mike since his shirt said he was the King of Halloween.

He declared that made me the queen and I was very happy to accept this title.

We still had about 40 minutes before the event started so we decided to seek out some food.

As we approached the France pavilion, I spied Belle with no line which almost never happens so we snuck in a quick princess meet!

We decided to try out the Boulangerie Pattisserie which, surprisingly, we'd walked into many times but never actually eaten at.

These are the two items we picked and I no longer remember what either one is or who ate which one lol. However, I do remember that they were delicious!

After stuffing our faces, we made our way to the World Showplace for the event!

The event we were attending was one of the Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It! events to make a Lemba Pineapple Rose cocktail. We'd attended Food and Wine several times now but never one of the special events so I was very excited!

We checked in and were quickly led inside to a table. It was a pretty large table with room to seat about 8 people but it ended up only being us with one other "couple". The other couple was local I assume and the wife was the only one there until about the last 10 minutes of the event but she spent the entire event telling us how manly her husband was and that he used to be a wrestler. :confused3 She was nice enough but slightly bizarre!

The table was set up with a paper with the instructions for the cocktail we'd be making and all the ingredients.

I took some pictures of the room decor too, you know, for good trip reporting.

The presenter for the event was Nene Gonzalez. His family were the creators of the Lemba brand and he was explaining to us how they started out making tequila and recently expanded to rum also. He was nice and personable and walked us through making our cocktails.

Mike and I both agreed it was delicious and thought the event was a lot of fun. He had been skeptical about it when i made the reservation but admitted he was wrong at the end. #success

After the event, Nene came outside to meet guests and answer questions. He was so nice and we told us he had a family member who lives in Staten Island! #smallworld. Mike told him he's welcome to come stay with us if he comes to town if he brings a case of rum with him lol.

How's everyone holding up where they are?
Like most... wishing this would just go away... and it's not.
Then again, where I am, there are very few cases, so I won't complain too much.
Things here in NY seem to be getting better 🤞 🤞 so I'm cautiously hopeful that we can get some kinda normal back in the near future.
Normalcy would be a blessing.
Life has been kicking my butt recently though and I just have had no energy to get to the boards!
:hug:
Not me. It's all closed.

:rolleyes2
For me, no trip to the Boardwalk is complete without stopping for this photo lol.
It must be done!
Mickey was up first and I was excited to show him that he was on my Halloween bag!
What? Mickey? On Disney merchandise? I've never heard of that!

:rolleyes1
Goofy was our last stop and was very excited about our Halloween attire. I think this was his imitation of a skeleton lol.
:laughing:
He also bowed to Mike since his shirt said he was the King of Halloween.
Nice! :)
We decided to try out the Boulangerie Pattisserie which, surprisingly, we'd walked into many times but never actually eaten at.
I've had a few treats in there and never been disappointed. :)
The event we were attending was one of the Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It! events to make a Lemba Pineapple Rose cocktail.
Cool!
she spent the entire event telling us how manly her husband was and that he used to be a wrestler. :confused3 She was nice enough but slightly bizarre!
Um... yeah, that's very strange... Maybe this wasn't her first cocktail of the day?
The table was set up with a paper with the instructions for the cocktail we'd be making and all the ingredients.
Ew.
Rum... nope.
Coconut... Definitely nope!
I took some pictures of the room decor too, you know, for good trip reporting.
:thumbsup2
Mike and I both agreed it was delicious and thought the event was a lot of fun. He had been skeptical about it when i made the reservation but admitted he was wrong at the end. #success
:laughing: Courtney wins!
Mike told him he's welcome to come stay with us if he comes to town if he brings a case of rum with him lol.
:laughing:

Great pics with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy & Belle! Off to a great start!

Sounds like you had a weird companion at the event! But I'm glad it was a fun event- the drink looks & sounds yummy!

What a gorgeous day to head over to Epcot!
The meet and greets are a must when the lines are virtually nonexistent!
The drink event sounds fun. Next year, when Andi is 21, we can do one of these!
I’m glad things are getting better in NY and Happy Nurses Week!!

49725674306_c7f88d9442_c.jpg
I don't know why but something about this photo just cracks me up. It's like we are just gonna politely pose in front of the ghost. Don't mind us.

Your terror is real!

Um yum!!! These look and sound awesome. Especially at 11 am when I've been up since 6 and am starving and trying not to eat until lunch.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: The walkway does look terrifyingly stained

Things here in NY seem to be getting better 🤞 🤞 so I'm cautiously hopeful that we can get some kinda normal back in the near future. Life has been kicking my butt recently though and I just have had no energy to get to the boards!
Glad to hear that. Hang in there. We are all so grateful for everything you are doing!

We left around 10 am and in about 20 minutes, were greeted by this glorious sight. :love:

❤❤❤ Wouldn't we all love to see that right about now

Love your purse!!!

These are the two items we picked and I no longer remember what either one is or who ate which one lol. However, I do remember that they were delicious!
They are french and bread. Do we really even need to know anymore :confused3

The other couple was local I assume and the wife was the only one there until about the last 10 minutes of the event but she spent the entire event telling us how manly her husband was and that he used to be a wrestler. :confused3
Sounds like some awesome conversation right there. Why didn't you get a picture with him :earboy2:

I keep seeing signs we are getting better and other areas of the country are like whatever we will be fine 🤷‍♀️ and are just opening up. I hope we can slowley get back to normal, but i also hope not to fast.

I also have been very unmotivated on the boards! But i hope you are staying safe!

you and me both girl!

I love this place!! Food is quick and good and well french!

We checked in and were quickly led inside to a table. It was a pretty large table with room to seat about 8 people but it ended up only being us with one other "couple". The other couple was local I assume and the wife was the only one there until about the last 10 minutes of the event but she spent the entire event telling us how manly her husband was and that he used to be a wrestler. :confused3 She was nice enough but slightly bizarre!

HAHAH i will say this is always a risk with these events, what if we get seated with someone strange! or something like that!

YAHOOOO Win for you!

Seemed like a good morning in Epcot so far.... even if right in the middle of Universal days haha!

As we approached the France pavilion, I spied Belle with no line which almost never happens so we snuck in a quick princess meet!
Nice! I never see her without a wait!
he event we were attending was one of the Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It! events to make a Lemba Pineapple Rose cocktail. We'd attended Food and Wine several times now but never one of the special events so I was very excited!
We did one of these in Sept. It wasn't a Mix It Make It: I don't remember exactly what they're called offhand but it was a drink and dessert, wine and a cake we were served. It was in the same place :) We had a good time and would do one again!

Sounds like the class was a lot of fun! And what a nice bonus to run into so many characters beforehand. Your character interactions always sound so entertaining!

I'm praying that things do go back to normal soon 🙏 🙏 🙏 Hope you're doing well, Courtney:hug:

As we entered Epcot through the International Gateway, we spotted Mickey, Minnie and Goofy meeting with short lines!

What luck! Those pictures are awesome!

My absolute favorite QS place :love: Pretty much EVERYTHING there is amazing and delicious😋

These are the two items we picked and I no longer remember what either one is or who ate which one lol.
SO good! I think we tried both of those (I think one was a ham and cheese croissant?) while we were down there as well...
until about the last 10 minutes of the event but she spent the entire event telling us how manly her husband was and that he used to be a wrestler.
Ok - this had me :rotfl: - so strange!

Finally got all caught up!! Thinking of you down in S.I. and am totally with you on hoping things start moving in a positive direction soon 🤞🤞

First, I hope you're doing well and taking care of yourself! Thank you so much for all you do and I hope your hospital in New York has become more calm. I don't think it will really get back to "normal" until there is a vaccine (even then, I think it will be a new normal), but I hope it can be more of a steady pace than an onslaught. Stay well!

Onto my (many!) notes... I'll try to be as brief as possible even though I was months behind!

First, WOW, I'm so impressed that you made it to EEMH after your late night at MNNSHP! I would've loved to experienced those EMH in order to fit in so many rides with light crowds. Nice work!

I'm impressed you made it back to a park in the evening and didn't crash for the entire day. The filet at Le Cellier is delicious - I'd love to have it at Food and Wine sometime!

Holy cow, what a great deal on a hotel! I love staying on property at Universal, but that's an incredible deal!

I agree that the Horror Makeup Show is great. I was plesantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it and how much I laughed.

Although I'm still sad they changed Artist Point (it was WONDERFUL!), I'm thrilled to read your positive review of Storybook Dining. I'm relieved they brought back the mushroom soup - the first time Anika and I tried it we were ready to lick the bowl, it was so good!

Oh my goodness, your TR keeps making me laugh. I'm so glad I've learned to sleep without the TV (I did for years!) as waking up to that infomercial would be jarring! :rotfl:

You had an excellent day at IOA and Universal! Hagrid's sounds AMAZING and I'd love to try it one day! I, too, bought a fanny pack before our 2015 trip in order to get photos in attractions - sometimes vanity must suffer in order to get pictures!

HHN are NOT my thing (MNSSHP is much more my speed, scare-wise), but it sounds like you had a great time! I hope your feet recovered from all the walking without too many troubles.

Like most... wishing this would just go away... and it's not.
Then again, where I am, there are very few cases, so I won't complain too much.

That's exactly how I feel. I know it's impossible for it to just disappear but wouldn't it be nice.

Normalcy would be a blessing.

100%

Not me. It's all closed.

:rolleyes2

Good point. It'd probably be pretty creepy to see it so empty.

What? Mickey? On Disney merchandise? I've never heard of that!

Very strange, very limited edition, never before seen.

Um... yeah, that's very strange... Maybe this wasn't her first cocktail of the day?

Probably not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter