On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

lvcourtneyy

DIS Veteran
Welcome one and all! We're back from our longest trip to Orlando yet and I can't wait to share it all.

Bur first things first,

I'm Courtney, your trip reporter leader. I'm an Emergency Room nurse overnight. My favorites include Animal Kingdom, The Little Mermaid, rare character meets, roller coasters and Halloween.

dinosaur.jpg

On this trip with me was my DBF Mike. He's a grocery store manager by day, sleeper by night. His favorites include Donald Duck, Nightmare before Christmas, pin collecting and saying "whatever you want" when I ask him to contribute to the planning and then asking why we aren't doing things at the last minute.

donald.jpeg

This trip was my 22nd trip to WDW and our 13th trip together.

I have 2 other reports currently going. You can read about our previous trip this June here: Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please! and my PTR for 2019 still going for my upcoming December sister trip here: Third Time's the Charm!

We were in Orlando for 17 days from October 24 until November 9, most of which were sweltering hot. We started the trip celebrating Halloween at MNSSHP and ended it at the first MVMCP of the season.

mnsshp ornm.jpegmvmcp ornm.jpeg

In between we spent 5 days at Universal, went to Halloween Horror Nights twice, ran our first RunDisney race and stayed in 4 different resorts.

Buckle up and hop aboard! If my June trip report is any indication, we're gonna be here a long time!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Last edited:

I have arrived! All i want to know is the following; How was driving to the race and did you do candy sushi?

Thanks for joining! 🥰

Driving to the race was not bad at all! We left super early because everyone in the runDisney group on facebook said to lol. It prob wasn't necessary to get there so early but it made the morning go smoothly so I guess it was worth it. We got there at like 3:10 am so we were parked right up front which we really appreciated after the race. They let us into the start area just before 3:30 am and I will say if you have any interest in meeting the characters before the race, get there early! We went there first and met them both in under 10 minutes and the lines grew to over a half hour right away. What I would've done differently is head to the corrals earlier. We spent a lot of time sitting in the bleachers by the characters listening to the DJ and then were in the middle of the B corral. We would've been better off walking over to the corrals earlier and hanging out there!

We did do Candy Sushi and we loved it!!

Thanks for joining! 🥰

Driving to the race was not bad at all! We left super early because everyone in the runDisney group on facebook said to lol. It prob wasn't necessary to get there so early but it made the morning go smoothly so I guess it was worth it. We got there at like 3:10 am so we were parked right up front which we really appreciated after the race. They let us into the start area just before 3:30 am and I will say if you have any interest in meeting the characters before the race, get there early! We went there first and met them both in under 10 minutes and the lines grew to over a half hour right away. What I would've done differently is head to the corrals earlier. We spent a lot of time sitting in the bleachers by the characters listening to the DJ and then were in the middle of the B corral. We would've been better off walking over to the corrals earlier and hanging out there!

We did do Candy Sushi and we loved it!!

Both amazing info! And now i dont need to read your trip report! Kidding kidding!

I'm in and can't wait to hear about all of your adventures! Super-long Disney trips are the BEST! (And my goodness, you packed a lot into your trip! Two holiday parties, multiple days at Universal, AND a Disney race?! I'm impressed!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!