On the subject of discount cards.....

PoohBears#1fan

DIS Veteran
Is there any point having a DC card if you already have a DVC card? EG. it would cost us $69 to join the DC and we could automatically save $49 on next years UHPs, but it is worth it for the extra shopping / restaurant discount, if we already have a DVC card?

I'm really hoping that made sense!!! lol

I think the general opinion is that, unless you plan on buying Annual Passes (when the DC discount is worthwhile) then the DC won't pay for itself purely on discounts in the shops / restuarants over and above your DVC card.

However, the discounts / offers on the two cards do vary, and if you also like getting the Disney magazine delivered every couple of months then you might benefit from DC.

Well, AP's is definately <i>my</i> biggest saving with the DC card, however there are other things that can sometimes make it more than worthwhile...for instance, this year I am doing my first Disney cruise. If you are a DC member you can get a $50 room credit. No catches!

So for me, DC is definately currently worth having - if the DVC changed to giving ticket/AP discounts, then I'd have to re-evaluate it.

Penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter