On Top of the World Lounge

New show was nice from the lounge but really meant to be seen from Main St. and the castle.

So if we are renting points through DVCrequest we will not be able to go to the lounge?

So even DVC members with the white membership card can go up?

We have three memberships but only two with blue cards. Our youngest has a white card on the third membership, she is over 21 so she can go up on her own correct?
What other extras do the white membership card holders have ...

What other extras do the white membership card holders have ...

Per the DVC website: "Complimentary alternative pool use (pool hopping) is not considered a Membership Extra. This benefit is offered to all Disney Vacation Club Members, regardless of how they purchased."

Now you cannot hop to any of the good pools:

"Pool hopping is not available at the following pools—with no exceptions to this policy:
  • Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney's Beach Club Resorts
  • The leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • The Lava Pool and leisure pool at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
  • The Copper Creek Springs Pool at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • The pools at Disney's Art of Animation Resort"

And TOTWL also honors TIW, even though it's not listed on the TIW web site.
I just have to ask if you have used your TiW card at Top of the World Lounge? When I checked all the places that took TiW, TotWL was not one of them.

Sorry to piggyback off of the op:
I'm trying to crunch some numbers. Before I even knew about the Membership Dining deal, we planned on doing this exact thing. Dinner at The Wave then going to the lounge early enough to get a window table for fireworks. The package itself is $59 plus tax and gratuity pp and according to the DVC website you cannot use TiW on the package deal. It includes dinner at The Wave (app, entree, dessert, non-alc beverage) and fireworks view + 1 glass sparkly up top. Dinner check in is 6pm at The Wave, which is our ADR time anyway. I'm trying to figure out if it's a better deal for us to piece this package together ourselves and I think it is since we normally share an app and dessert. Plus I think I will need that 7 layer cake in the lounge anyway before fireworks. I'm going to feel like we need to have more than one glass just to earn our keep up there to be fair to the servers. IF they take TiW then it's a done deal. Of course, by doing the package we are guaranteed acceptance into the lounge afterwards.....hm.

I just have to ask if you have used your TiW card at Top of the World Lounge? When I checked all the places that took TiW, TotWL was not one of them.
Yes, the TOTWL offers the TiW discount. It's not listed on the TiW website because the space is not open to the general public.

do people bring up their children? I have a 1 year old and just wondering if i would be "that person who ruins it" bc i brought up my son?

do people bring up their children? I have a 1 year old and just wondering if i would be "that person who ruins it" bc i brought up my son?

We do! I think it’s fine since it’s Disney so kids are to be expected in most places. We brought our 2 year old before and he had a great time. No one seemed bothered in any way. This year we’re bringing our 1 year old and now 3 year old. Have fun!

We do! I think it’s fine since it’s Disney so kids are to be expected in most places. We brought our 2 year old before and he had a great time. No one seemed bothered in any way. This year we’re bringing our 1 year old and now 3 year old. Have fun!
LOL great!!! just making sure lol

Not a problem to have children. The wall owner which you view the fireworks is perhaps chest high, so not easy for children to see over.

Just work out your upper body leading up to your trip. Once you lift your 3 year old to see, they won't want to be put down for the whole show.
But yes, we've brought our kids of similar ages up plenty of times, and they have never been the only children up there.

While children are welcomed, keep in mind that the lounge is a bar and decorated as such. Not really kid friendly and nothing for them to do.

:earsboy: Bill

While children are welcomed, keep in mind that the lounge is a bar and decorated as such. Not really kid friendly and nothing for them to do.

:earsboy: Bill

And be sure to respectful of the wait staff. If you take up a table for 4 and only order 2 drinks, you are hurting their overall tips for the night.
There's lots of cool things to look at on the rooftop for the kids, but I agree that the lounge itself, with the exception of the free water, is not the best place for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter