Once Upon a dream TR: Intimate WP/ Citricos Chef's Domain/ Grand 1/ Tour/ COMPLETE

Dee - I didn't mean to be so brusque. :) Disney changes this stuff so often, there's no way to keep up with all of it! :thumbsup2

Dee - I didn't mean to be so brusque. :) Disney changes this stuff so often, there's no way to keep up with all of it! :thumbsup2

no offence taken :goodvibes
I'm getting on a bit y'know (40 this year!!) so I get confused :confused3 easily;) Thankfully there's always someone close by to help out:thumbsup2

What a great trip!

Thanks for writing the report..it was lots of fun to read! :rotfl2: Sounds like you had an amazing time!

When we were stuffed to capacity we headed back to the Magic Kingdom. It was January 5th and I hoped the traffic in the park would have died down. Ugh no such luck. It seems that the vacationers were replaced by marathoners.

Congratulations! You got married on my 30th birthday! (now if only I could get the ring too!:) )

Oh yeah! I'm a Disney fan and a lawyer too! (In that order).

We're going in 2 weeks and the little thought bubble above my head is filled with the Mouse, Castles, and Princesses instead of the Health Care law I normally am thinking about.

i just read the entire report tonight and can I say FANTASTIC!!

Looked like a truly magical time.

I would have said something to the photographer, but hey that is me.

I'm just bumping you TR becuase it's SO AWESOME - I know it really helped me out alot when I was just starting out so I think it might help out some of our newer brides to be. Thanks again for the inspirition.

I too have just finished reading this for the 5th time. It has been so helpful to me and I have taken many things from your TR, I hope that my time in Disney can be just as magical, you really were a beautiful bride Tiffany, I can't wait to read your wedding tour TR:hug:

Wow! I was surprised to see this 'ol thing back :goodvibes

Thanks to everyone for their sweet comments. You're all too sweet.

The wedding tour had a bit of a detour to contend with. DH was offered a position as a massage therapist that required him to work weekends. So it conflicted with all our wedding tour dates. We've had to combine a couple stops, but I hope it's still unique and fun for everyone.

We've had 1 stop so far and the second is this weekend. I hope to upload some pics and get the party re-started tomorrow :banana:

The wedding tour had a bit of a detour to contend with. DH was offered a position as a massage therapist that required him to work weekends. So it conflicted with all our wedding tour dates. We've had to combine a couple stops, but I hope it's still unique and fun for everyone.

We've had 1 stop so far and the second is this weekend. I hope to upload some pics and get the party re-started tomorrow :banana:

Tiffany can't wait to see your tour pics.

I'm sorry for being a do-do head but what is a wedding tour?

I'm sorry for being a do-do head but what is a wedding tour?

Well it's kind of my own creation, so don't feel bad for not knowing what it is. I told some of the girls about it before, so that's why they know.

When DH and I planned our DFTW, we knew that we wouldn't be able to have all our friends and family down. Being a Seinfeld addict, I couldn't help also be motivated by the episode where Jerry complains about getting all dolled up for a wedding. When we were trying to figure out the mechanics of an at home wedding the idea was born. Because many of our friends were spread out over Ontario, we decided to have a wedding tour where instead of everyone coming to us...we'd go to them. It became a bit of a theme and we had custom tickets printed for the invitation. We have 4 stops planned, each one on a different weekend in July (I have the month off this month, and no one was keen on having the wedding tour in February in Toronto ;) )

As soon as I can get the digital camera from DH, I'm going to do a bit of a mini report starting with the first stop :)

Because we couldn't have all our friends and family down to the intimate wedding at Disney, we knew we had to do something special for everyone back home. But I couldn't fathom having to plan an at home reception and deal with my final semester of law school.

Plus, I felt bad asking people to travel upwards of 6 hours to come to a big party.

So the idea of the wedding tour was born. The plan? 4 locations over 4 weekends in July. Instead of people coming to us, we'd go to them. It would give me something to do on my month off, it would be something low-key and unique. PERFECT.

So I set off to create a wedding announcement/invitation. My mom had found the disney wedding cards at WDW for $5, so I knew I had to do something with them. So I fiddled around a bit and came up with this...
WeddingTour003.jpg

invite.jpg

But it wasn't quite enough for a wedding tour. After all, if you're touring like rockstars, there should be some tickets, right? Well a little googling, and I found out that you can get custom tickets made. So I did:
ticket.jpg

There was actually 6 different tickets made for the different days and locations. Each group of friends/family received a bunch of tickets for their day. It was all sent in the same envelope as the wedding announcement.

After that was done it was time to wait and wait for July to come. Did I say wait? Well, that's not exactly true. It was time for me to study, study, study. In the time between March, when the invites went out and July I had 2 sets of exams. A month of law school exams to finish off 3rd year, and then an additional month of the liscencing exams. I was so mentally exhausted I thought about cancelling the tour once or twice. But in the end, all was well and I relaxed a bit after my graduation.
GraduationLaw087.jpg

So all was well and the tour was on as scheduled until....dun dun dun....DH gets a new job that requires him to work every weekend of July :scared1:

What will happen? Will the tour be cancelled? Will we drive all over Ontario and get to visit our friends?

Stay tuned...

No way Jose-- the tour cant be cancelled!! I have been excited about this for months! I cant wait to read more-- i love what you did with the invites and the tickets look better than I could ever have imagined! Way to go Mrs. Creativity!!:hug:

Oh man, you can't leave us hanging like that, NNNNOOOOO!!! The tour can't be cancelled, I want pics:sad1:
I totally love that pic in your invite, it's so beautiful:love:

No no no! Your tour cannot be cancelled... I have a feeling that it's not though since you went somewhere this past weekend ;)

I love your tour cards and tickets! So cute Tiffany! That is such an original and creative idea :goodvibes I'm sure your friends and family loved receiving them!

Eagerly waiting for more popcorn::

ok..i wasnt gonna tell....but secretly...im a fairy god mother & im here to grant your wish for your wedding tour:rotfl:

I hope you get your wish

I havent had a chance to finish youe tr...cant believe i missed it...im a dork

I have to say your stunning & the pics are great....cant wait to read all about it!!:goodvibes

A wedding tour is such a creative idea! I love your annoucements and especially the tickets. The tour must go on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter