Once Upon A Time Question

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
We're booked for a plaza dessert party for HEA at 8p in February, they've extended the park hours and now the schedule is also showing Once Upon A Time at 8:45p. What's the difference? Is it worth hanging around to see OUAT afterward or better to move on to some more rides with the extra time?

The last time we went they were still showing Wishes, this is all new for us.

We're booked for a plaza dessert party for HEA at 8p in February, they've extended the park hours and now the schedule is also showing Once Upon A Time at 8:45p.
1. What's the difference?
2. Is it worth hanging around to see OUAT afterward or better to move on to some more rides with the extra time?

1. Completely different show (in addition to Happily Ever After fireworks.)
2. Yes. (OUaT is virtually ALL Castle projections and music -few fireworks- but its a great show!)

1. Completely different show (in addition to Happily Ever After fireworks.)
2. Yes. (OUaT is virtually ALL Castle projections and music -few fireworks- but its a great show!)

Great, we'll plan to stick around and watch it as well, thanks!

We're booked for a plaza dessert party for HEA at 8p in February, they've extended the park hours and now the schedule is also showing Once Upon A Time at 8:45p. What's the difference? Is it worth hanging around to see OUAT afterward or better to move on to some more rides with the extra time?

Personally, I’d be 50/50 on whether to stick around and watch it. OUAT is a beautiful show and the music/projections are stunning. But it’s a “minor” show in the grand scheme of things, so not “must see” in my book.

We have done it both where we’ve stayed around the Plaza Garden to watch OUAT, and where we’ve booked it to other parts of the park to ride rides.

One benefit of staying around is that crowds in the Hub right after HEA can be pretty intense. It can be a bit hard to move around and you’re not going to get anywhere quickly (unless heading towards Tomorrowland). Hanging around for OUAT lets the crowds die down.

But on the other hand, between the dessert party, HEA, then OUAT, that’s a lot of time spent on castle shows - you may prefer to go do something else by the time HEA is over.

Long winded answer but hopefully that helps. Have fun!

Personally, I’d be 50/50 on whether to stick around and watch it. OUAT is a beautiful show and the music/projections are stunning. But it’s a “minor” show in the grand scheme of things, so not “must see” in my book.

We have done it both where we’ve stayed around the Plaza Garden to watch OUAT, and where we’ve booked it to other parts of the park to ride rides.

One benefit of staying around is that crowds in the Hub right after HEA can be pretty intense. It can be a bit hard to move around and you’re not going to get anywhere quickly (unless heading towards Tomorrowland). Hanging around for OUAT lets the crowds die down.

But on the other hand, between the dessert party, HEA, then OUAT, that’s a lot of time spent on castle shows - you may prefer to go do something else by the time HEA is over.

Long winded answer but hopefully that helps. Have fun!

Haha, you all confuse me with your good points. My plan will be to stick around, if my son is getting antsy we can always try to head for Tomorrowland (he could ride Buzz all day long given the chance). I am a little inclined to stay in place because I have experienced the gridlock there and would rather stay and watch the show then get caught in the crowd moving no where.

Haha, you all confuse me with your good points. My plan will be to stick around, if my son is getting antsy we can always try to head for Tomorrowland (he could ride Buzz all day long given the chance). I am a little inclined to stay in place because I have experienced the gridlock there and would rather stay and watch the show then get caught in the crowd moving no where.

Just trying to give a balanced opinion. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

But from what your describe, I think sticking around sounds like a good plan. Hope it works out well for you. :thumbsup2

I’m in a very similar situation. I think I am going to hang in the Plaza area for OUAT and then go hit rides. EMH has gone to midnight on my day now, so... Yeah.

ok, so which is 1st? according to MDE HEA is at 8:55 and OUAT is at 9:45? Do they switch it up?
Yes, they can move the shows’ schedules around.
Always check....
and double check ON the actual days that you are in MK.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!