Once Upon A Time Question

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by chloelovesdisney, Jan 13, 2018.

1. chloelovesdisney

chloelovesdisney DIS Veteran

We're booked for a plaza dessert party for HEA at 8p in February, they've extended the park hours and now the schedule is also showing Once Upon A Time at 8:45p. What's the difference? Is it worth hanging around to see OUAT afterward or better to move on to some more rides with the extra time?

The last time we went they were still showing Wishes, this is all new for us.

2. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

1. Completely different show (in addition to Happily Ever After fireworks.)
    2. Yes. (OUaT is virtually ALL Castle projections and music -few fireworks- but its a great show!)

JerseyJanice likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. chloelovesdisney

Great, we'll plan to stick around and watch it as well, thanks!

5. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 TPAS Moderator Moderator

Personally, I’d be 50/50 on whether to stick around and watch it. OUAT is a beautiful show and the music/projections are stunning. But it’s a “minor” show in the grand scheme of things, so not “must see” in my book.

We have done it both where we’ve stayed around the Plaza Garden to watch OUAT, and where we’ve booked it to other parts of the park to ride rides.

One benefit of staying around is that crowds in the Hub right after HEA can be pretty intense. It can be a bit hard to move around and you’re not going to get anywhere quickly (unless heading towards Tomorrowland). Hanging around for OUAT lets the crowds die down.

But on the other hand, between the dessert party, HEA, then OUAT, that’s a lot of time spent on castle shows - you may prefer to go do something else by the time HEA is over.

Long winded answer but hopefully that helps. Have fun!

6. chloelovesdisney

Haha, you all confuse me with your good points. My plan will be to stick around, if my son is getting antsy we can always try to head for Tomorrowland (he could ride Buzz all day long given the chance). I am a little inclined to stay in place because I have experienced the gridlock there and would rather stay and watch the show then get caught in the crowd moving no where.

GADisneyDad14 likes this.
  7. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 TPAS Moderator Moderator

Just trying to give a balanced opinion. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

But from what your describe, I think sticking around sounds like a good plan. Hope it works out well for you. :thumbsup2

8. chloelovesdisney

Thank you, really looking forward to it! :yay:

9. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

I’m in a very similar situation. I think I am going to hang in the Plaza area for OUAT and then go hit rides. EMH has gone to midnight on my day now, so... Yeah.

10. JerseyJanice

JerseyJanice A Disboards original...

I really enjoyed OUAT. I was surprised I hadn’t heard more about it here on the boards because I thought it was awesome. Definitely worth seeing.

caribbeandream and GADisneyDad14 like this.
  11. caribbeandream

caribbeandream Mouseketeer

I loved OUAT. We saw it last week and it ran before HEA.

GADisneyDad14 and JerseyJanice like this.
  12. aliciamakino

aliciamakino Mouseketeer

ok, so which is 1st? according to MDE HEA is at 8:55 and OUAT is at 9:45? Do they switch it up?

13. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

Yes, they can move the shows’ schedules around.
    Always check....
    and double check ON the actual days that you are in MK.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  14. disneydreamer1980

disneydreamer1980 DIS Veteran

When it occurs after HEA crowds will thin out because most people seem to not know about OUaT.