One (1) leftover 2019 Point - Option?

Timeflys4us

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone:
I have one (1) leftover 2019 point from my October use year that has already been banked once and will expire on September 30, 2020.

Can this one (1) point be utilized in anyway (even so much as giving it away) so that the mouse doesn't take it? Thanks.

Hi everyone:
I have one (1) leftover 2019 point from my October use year that has already been banked once and will expire on September 30, 2020.

Can this one (1) point be utilized in anyway (even so much as giving it away) so that the mouse doesn't take it? Thanks.

Unfortunately, you cannot transfer banked points. I have 2 that will expire Sept. 1. My suggestion is to

Unless you borrow from next year to get enough points to book a short stay, you can just kiss that puppy good-by.

Yes, a 1 night stay with borrowing or the purchase of one time use points.

Is it possible to donate the point?
No. Points by themselves have no value. Since the point is not eligible for transfer, the owner would have to make a reservation and donate that. So the question becomes "Do I want to borrow enough points to make a reservation so that the stranded point can be used"?

A few months back I sent MS an email suggesting to create a charity fund where members could deposit spare points like yours (with no transfer limits) that could be used to book stays for good causes. Maybe if enough members ask for it, they'd create it.

A few months back I sent MS an email suggesting to create a charity fund where members could deposit spare points like yours (with no transfer limits) that could be used to book stays for good causes. Maybe if enough members ask for it, they'd create it.
Nice idea, but I'll be very surprised if it ever happens due to administrative reasons. What causes? Who decides? How many nights? What resort? What about tickets and food and etc.? Could individuals set up their own good cause if they didn't like the one chosen and invite others to participate?

With the current system, my guess is that such an account would have to be manually administered & would create more problems than any benefit it would provide. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer on this one. I don't think it is practical.

Unfortunately, a single point, nothing to do with it unless you borrow enough points to add to it.
I like the charity donation idea, but agree that it would be difficult to manage and not worth the hassle for them.

It and my 3 left over points can have a little party before expiration on 9/30! Considering the reason they exist I'm just letting them go.

Nice idea, but I'll be very surprised if it ever happens due to administrative reasons. What causes? Who decides? How many nights? What resort? What about tickets and food and etc.? Could individuals set up their own good cause if they didn't like the one chosen and invite others to participate?

With the current system, my guess is that such an account would have to be manually administered & would create more problems than any benefit it would provide. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer on this one. I don't think it is practical.
I was thinking more like setting up an account for a couple of charities (like Give kids the world or Make a Wish), members would choose to whom they donate and then those charities would be able to books stays with the points they receive.

Hello again:
Member services tells me that my one point was really a 2018 point that was banked into my 2019 use year and that under Disney's latest announcement, this one point is good now through November 30, 2020 instead of September 30, 2020. I will be planning a new trip in November 2020 for October of 2021. Can I use this one point for my upcoming October 2021 trip if I book it before November 30, 2020, or will it still be gone?

Hello again:
Member services tells me that my one point was really a 2018 point that was banked into my 2019 use year and that under Disney's latest announcement, this one point is good now through November 30, 2020 instead of September 30, 2020. I will be planning a new trip in November 2020 for October of 2021. Can I use this one point for my upcoming October 2021 trip if I book it before November 30, 2020, or will it still be gone?
No. The point is good for a resort stay ending up to the night of 11/30/2020. After that the point is lost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!