One AP, two rooms?

beth_cam

DIS Veteran
Called this morning got AP at AKL for 139 (one room). My parents want to join us for a couple of nights and we were wondering if they would let me AP 2 rooms. Went ahead and reserved it just incase but not sure I wnat to since i'll also have to purchase the AP factored out making the room cost about 169 pre tax a night. Still not bad though. Still looking for info from anyone on the Dolphins in Depth.

I believe you are allowed 3 rooms in the same hotel using your AP. All of them will be in your name.

The AP can reserve up to three rooms. I believe that you must show your pass at each check-in. Some CMs will waive that if you show it at your check-in and explain that it is being used for rooms for other family members.
As for info on the Dolphins in Depth, what are you looking for exactly. My DD has done all three experiences at the Living Seas (Dolphins in Depth, Aqua Seas Tour, and Dive Quest). Your AP will get you a 15% discount on these tours. There is an age restriction on the tours (younger participants must be accompanied by an adult) and for Dive Quest you must be a certified scuba diver. All the equipment is provided and you only need to bring a bathing suit. Each participant receives a t-shirt and usually a photo. Dolphins in Depth used to give the participants a video but I am not sure if they do any more. Dive Quest and Aqua Seas, you can buy the video for an extra charge of $35. You will need your park pass, because sometimes they will release the tours back into the park instead of returning to outside the turnstiles of EPCOT. The participant will also need some sort of photo ID. You can book the tours by calling 1-407-WDW-TOURS and they will charge your CC at the time of booking. Make sure that you mention you have an AP so that they can give you the discount. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

I believe you are allowed 3 rooms in the same hotel using your AP
Is this new, that it has to be the same room? I was told this week, the hotel didn't have to be the same, but I had to be there at check-in, or register/pay and put the person's name on the room, and leave permission for them to pick up a key.

As long as you have the CM notate the 3 reservations when you book them, that will be enough. The reservations DO NOT need to be in your name. If there are 8 or more people aged 3 and over you can link the rooms with a Grand Gathering, otherwise ask to link the reservations with a Travel With number. Hope this helps...the same goes for FL Resident reservations, and Pin Code reservations...

I just booked to rooms at AKL , one for 7 nights and one for 3 nights. One room is for us and the other for my mother who is coming only for part of the trip. No problem booking 2 rooms with one AP, and the rooms are in my name (since I called and its my credit card) and DH has the AP. The CM said no problem with that as long as he is a member in the part the AP rates are good.

Hope that helps..

So what about this.
What if you are reserving a room in another resort for someone .
We have an AP and I would like to get my cousin and her family the discount also. ( present for them for their anniversary)
We are staying at AKL and they are staying at WL. Is this able to be done or no? We will be there at the same time.

I was told no, could be different Disney hotels, when I called to make ressies last week, not as long as I was there at check-in, but 4themouse said she believed it had to be the same hotel. So your best bet would be to write guest services, and hope they answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter