One day Magic Kingdom with 1 year old

Sarahlaila

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

I will be staying at the Yacht Club for a conference week of July 16th. Friday I purchased tickets for myself, my
Mom and 1year old. Conference ends at 11:30 and the tickets are for 1pm entry.

Any tips on a good strategy with the 16 month old? We will take it easy and relaxed and walk around but I’d like to take her on a few rides like Dumbo, people mover, Winnie the pool, under the sea etc. If she falls asleep in her stroller, Mom and i will visit shops and just take in the experience. I’ve been once before but Mom has never been. Any touring plan ideas would be super helpful to maximize our time and not spin in circles.

Hello all!

I will be staying at the Yacht Club for a conference week of July 16th. Friday I purchased tickets for myself, my
Mom and 1year old. Conference ends at 11:30 and the tickets are for 1pm entry.

Any tips on a good strategy with the 16 month old? We will take it easy and relaxed and walk around but I’d like to take her on a few rides like Dumbo, people mover, Winnie the pool, under the sea etc. If she falls asleep in her stroller, Mom and i will visit shops and just take in the experience. I’ve been once before but Mom has never been. Any touring plan ideas would be super helpful to maximize our time and not spin in circles.
Great idea in and of itself:). The only thing I'd research is which lands in MK have the rides you want your DD to experience. As well remember that the train is your friend to get from one area to another. Since you'll be going in mid July be sure to take advantage of the various misting stations. Kids of all ages love them and there are several @ MK.

Hello all!

I will be staying at the Yacht Club for a conference week of July 16th. Friday I purchased tickets for myself, my Mom and 1year old. Conference ends at 11:30 and the tickets are for 1pm entry.

Children under 3yo are free.

I think you have a pretty good plan already. Take it easy and enjoy yourself!

As far as planning, grab a map and find out what rides you want to go on. There are plenty of resources out there to find the wait time data for July, so you can get an idea of wait times.

If you are going to use fast passes, schedule them close together because once you use up your three, you'll be able to keep scheduling one after the other throughout the day. Might be a way to curb wait times on different rides.

I would suggest FP+ Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh and Its a Small World or Haunted Mansion.

Dumbo has a nice indoor play area that you can enjoy with your little one. Its good for her to get out and move.

Some other things that will be good and minimal wait are: Carousel of Progress, People Mover (which it sounds like you already got), Country Bear Jamboree, and the Tiki Room. I'd also recommend trying to see the Festival of Fantasy Parade.

I'd also suggest trying to get reservations at the Crystal Palace. Definitely a favorite with little ones that age.

My kids at 1 year old loved the free play areas where they can move around. There's one inside Dumbo and a smaller one by splash mountain. Taking them there was necessary to making them more cooperative with waiting in lines and sitting in the stroller. Rides my kids went on and enjoyed at 1: Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Dumbo, train ride, Aladdin's Magic Carpets, Jungle Cruise, Little Mermaid, Tea Cups. Small World was too long. Get fast passes ahead of time. I'd do Peter Pan for sure and some combo of Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Pooh, and Jungle Cruise. Base your touring plan around which fast passes you get.

On a different thread a poster asked about picnicking on Tom Sawyer Island.
It's a great place to allow children to be freer and give all a bit of a break from the crowds.
I travel with children over the age of 10 and plan to park there for a bit of a rest.

Be sure to book FP as soon as you can get your tickets. I suggest making them for 1-2-3:00 and then start grabbing more as you go. There are tons of things you guys can take your baby on. Anything without a height requirement should be just fine. Enjoy and take lots of pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!