One day Shanghai Disneyland review - 09/07

ejdmomma

Mouseketeer
I spent the weekend staying at the Toy Story Hotel and did one park day on Saturday, 09/07. I did this as a solo traveler as part of a business trip. I'll give a run down of my day in the park and then hotel impressions.

Park entry: Since I was staying on site, I used the hotel shuttle. First shuttle that day was at 7:35 and the park opened one hour early for resort guests (8am). I got in line for the resort shuttle at about 7:10, there were a few people ahead of me. By the time the shuttle arrived, there was a long line behind me and not everyone made it on the first shuttle. Shuttle dropped off at Downtown Disney with just a short walk to the Downtown Disney park entrance for hotel guests only. Entry was a breeze! Entered the park at 7:50.

During the first hour, I rode 7 dwarves, Woody's Round Up, Rex's Racers, Tron and Pirates. This was some serious walking!

After 9am opening I rode the following rides with a fastpass (grabbed the first right after having my ticket scanned): Soaring, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Pirates, Tron, 7 dwarves and Buzz. I think this was all by 2pm or so. Plus I took a lengthy lunch break and walked thru the gift shops. I went back to my room to drop off my purchases and freshen up (so humid!). I think I was back in the park by 5 for another 7 dwarves fast pass. At this point, I was starting to really feel the jet lag and was just trying to stay awake. I rode Buzz and Peter Pan again and walked thru the maze and castle. Grabbed some dinner and then basically just chilled on bench with some popcorn and waited for the nighttime show.

I periodically checked the wait times. Surprisingly Tron was at 10 minutes for most of the day. 7 dwarves, Soaring and Rex's Racer was around 30 min for most of the day. All of the other rides stayed at 5-10 minutes all day.

I was not thrilled with any of the food that I ate at the hotel or in the park. I did quick service; I probably should have picked a table service restaurant but just wasn't in the mood. The caramel corn was decent.

Toy Story Hotel: I booked my room online. No issues except I had wanted to pay with my corporate AmEx and this was not an option online. I did make purchases in person without issue. I bought my ticket after checking in and was able to book 1 fastpass in advance. The hotel is cute but definitely a value resort. I was surprised that the room did not have a safe. I wanted to leave my passport and extra cash in the room but ended up keeping everything with me. This made me super nervous on Tron - no bags allowed on the ride, everyone throws their bags into a bin as they load (there used to be lockers but they were blocked off this time) and then the bin is waiting for you as you exit the ride. The bathroom did not have individual toiletries but large dispenser bottles in the shower. I was a little worried about noise from the hallway but this was not an issue. I had the breakfast buffet and was not impressed with the food quality or offerings.

Feel free to message me with questions about my time in the park, the Toy Story Hotel or any general Shanghai questions!

The only table service restaurant in the park is the Character Dining in the castle. You wouldve had to go to Disneytown for a table service restaurant

The only table service restaurant in the park is the Character Dining in the castle. You wouldve had to go to Disneytown for a table service restaurant

There was a really good place in Disneytown that serves good Chinese food. Dimsum, rice dishes, and they're famous for a Chili Crab. Spent a lot but it was delicious!

Hi Ejdmomma, how and when do you get your fast pass? is it at 8 AM (resort guest onley) or at 9 AM after the park is open to everyone?

Hi Ejdmomma, how and when do you get your fast pass? is it at 8 AM (resort guest onley) or at 9 AM after the park is open to everyone?
As soon as you scan your park ticket, you can start making fastpass reservations in the app. You would need to connect your park ticket to the app. I would definitely recommend downloading the app. The alternative is to find a guest services kiosk to make your fastpass reservation.

As soon as you scan your park ticket, you can start making fastpass reservations in the app. You would need to connect your park ticket to the app. I would definitely recommend downloading the app. The alternative is to find a guest services kiosk to make your fastpass reservation.

Thanks. So i can have fast pass reservation at 08.00 AM since i will also plan to stay in 1 of disney hotel.

Thanks. So i can have fast pass reservation at 08.00 AM since i will also plan to stay in 1 of disney hotel.
Yes! You are able to make your first fastpass selection at 8am during the early entry. I made mine as I was walking to the first ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!