One day- which park to start in?

Fern

Mouseketeer
We only have one day to spend at Universal. I know this isn't ideal, but we only have one day, so I bought us a park to park ticket. Big roller coaster averse pre-teen child, and we are focusing on the HP area and plan to hit the parks commando style. Given this, should we start at one park over the other? Touring Plans gives me a part 1 and part 2, but doesn't seem to recommend one first. Any thoughts?

Don’t use Touring Plans. Their advice, as shared by posters on this board, is illogical. Arrive at least 45 minutes before opening to allow ticketing, security, walking time and be ready to go at opening. Start at Universal as you are there for Harry Potter. The storyline is best if you start at Diagon Alley and head to Hogwarts by train. Plan to spend the morning on Diagon Alley, eat an early lunch at the Leaky Cauldron, Ride the train, do Hogsmeade and Hogwarts. After that, ride/ see the other stuff on your wishlist. The HP areas are better/ less crowded morning and evening. Use your afternoon for other rides.

If I was staying onsite I’d start at IOA since it opens earlier for on site guests and you can get to Hogsmeade early. Otherwise, I’d probably start at Diagon Alley too. Be sure to go back to the Potter areas at night. Diagon Alley is lovely at night after the crowds leave.

Thank you! That is very helpful. TP had me going back and forth between the two, but I did move stuff so that we could hit everything we wanted to see in US and then do IoA. We are not onsite (we are doing a one day trip away from Disney). We plan to head back to Hogsmeade and US at night to see the Mardi Gras parade as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!