One free day after Disneyland

NZDisneyFanGirl14

Earning My Ears
hi,

We leave America on a Friday from LAX. The plan was 3 days at Disneyland. The day we check out of the hotel and fly out is actually a pretty long day as our flight leaves at 9.40pm (although since it’s international we will need to be there early).
We are looking for things to do that day. We will have a car. I wanted to do Warner bros studio but we have our 2 year old with us so that’s not going to work.
Any suggestions for things to do with a 2 year old?
We have been to LA as a couple with no kids a few times before.

My usual departure day is a chill out day. Im from Ireland and this year my flight leaves LAX at 8pm. I dont have a car so I have booked Supershuttle for an afternoon pickup. I plan to be at LAX for 5pm and I am allowing about 90 minutes for the journey back to LAX.

My plan for the morning is just to stay by the pool and then go for lunch at Anaheim Garden Walk.

Chilling on your departure day is actually a nice idea. You might do a later non-park character meal (sort of a brunch?) that day, e.g. Goofy's Kitchen at DLH, Donald's Seaside Breakfast at PPH, or Mickey's Tales of Adventure at GCH. Will your hotel give you a late checkout? Another idea is to add a half day in the parks for Minnie's character breakfast in DL or for one last re-ride of a few favorites or some last minute shopping. It doesn't cost much to add a fourth day. Just keep checking the Waze app for traffic so you know when to leave the parks. If there is lots of traffic, you'll know to leave a bit earlier than planned.

I would often ask my kids if they wanted to do something else in Southern California. They always said let's do another day at Disney. We usually went for five nights and just did Disney.

Get a day use room near the airport and maybe down to Santa Monica Pier, go visit the Queen Mary at Long Beach (and/or the Aquarium of the Pacific), head down to Malibu for lunch or one of the other beachside towns like Huntington Beach, Manhatten Beach etc and explore the piers.
All the best

There are a number of nice children's museums in So Cal. I recommend the Cube at the Santa Ana Mainplace Mall (where the 5 and 22 come together - really close to DL). There is a zoo near there too, but I will warn you; it has about 1000 monkeys and not much else. You could do both of those things and grab lunch nearby in Old Town Orange (just do a search for Chapman University - it's right there).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!