One Little Spark, a solo PTR

curiouserandcuriouser1989

Epcot Egypt Pavilion Advocate
I've never done a trip report or PTR before, so I guess I should introduce myself!

When I'm not on the boards dreaming of my next Disney trip, I go by Megan. I'm single, in my 20s, and live with my adorable huge cat who is named after Indiana Jones (which is what you do when you're an Egyptologist and your cat doesn't fit Egyptian god names) I'm the curator and registrar at an art museum in central Louisiana. I inherited my love of all things Disney from my grandfather, who started my love of the parks by taking me when I was 4 and helped encourage my later trips with my family. I have been to WDW 5 times now, with my most recent trip in early January, 2016. Ever time has been at least with my parents and younger sister, so this will be my first solo trip.

Favorite characters: Belle, Figment, Alice
Favorite park: Epcot

Dates: October 28 - November 1, 2017

I've traveled other places solo for weekends and such, and thoroughly enjoy exploring places on my own. We will be opening our permanent exhibits at the museum on October 13th with events for the opening that will end on October 20th, so this trip will be a celebration of that accomplishment in a way. I have always been a big fan of Halloween, and really wanted to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for my trip, so that is definitely in the plan (I'm already thinking about the costume I will make & wear! :figment:) My current plan is to stay at POP for the 4 night trip so that I can be cost effective but not have to worry as much about sharing a bus with more resorts like the All Stars do. I stayed at POP once before, but I was in high school, so I'm not completely counting on that as a reference.

I'm planning to put the deposit on my trip this month (my current hold expires the 20th), so I'm about to make this more of a real thing than the dreaming I've been doing for the past few months!

Attachments

• 940995_10156492640675165_9089347567413162390_n.jpg
    940995_10156492640675165_9089347567413162390_n.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 858555_10153444043310165_1453630677_o.jpg
    858555_10153444043310165_1453630677_o.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
My trip is officially booked! My last trip was booked with a much shorter lead time, so it's weird to me that I have to wait for ADRs and FP!

In addition to being my first solo trip, this trip will have a few more firsts:
- first fall visit (I've been in spring, summer, and winter)
- first time experiencing Food & Wine festival
- first time attending Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

I'm so excited for this trip already, I'm not sure how I'll be able to wait until the end of October!

I bought my ticket for the MNSSHP Tuesday!
After looking at plane tickets and times, I ended up moving my department from the morning of the 28th to the evening of the 27th. I booked an airport area hotel for the night of the 27th through Hotwire and ended up with the Wingate by Wyndham which is just about a mile from the airport I think. They have free shuttle service and free breakfast, which is mainly all i'll need since i'll be sleeping and using the hotel shuttle the next morning to get back to the airport for Magical Express. That way I can start bright and early on the Magical Express and maybe even make it to my first park for the park opening!

I'm located in central Louisiana and with Hurricane Harvey coming through here, the university I work for closed yesterday and today. We had some of the storm, but not nearly the rain that they forecast. I feel terribly for those in Texas and Louisiana that have experienced the brunt of Harvey and the recovery in store for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!