One Month at a Time - Laura's Journal (Take Two...)

mackeysmom

Let's Go Mets!
H there :wave2:-

Some of you may remember that I started a journal in February of last year (starting weight 210) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2885167 .

I was good for a few months and disappeared until December (new starting weight 222.8:scared1:). I was good for a few days, and then disappeared again.

Rather than continue with an outdated journal, I decided to start fresh – thus the new journal with slightly revised title.

I will officially start tomorrow and post my new-new starting weight, and will try my best to post daily with my food (and pics), exercise, and other random thoughts.

As always, I will welcome all comments (good and bad – no need to sugarcoat anything).

Until tomorrow …

- Laura

Day 1

Official Weigh-in - 220 lbs. :(

I didn’t get up as early as I would have liked, so no hot breakfast for me. Instead, I packed a handful of items to bring to work:

ry%3D400

For breakfast, I ate the protein bar and the banana (with a cup of coffee with fat-free creamer).

Lunch (not pictured) was turkey and cheese roll-ups, some left over broccoli from last night and an apple. I have to take lunch pretty early, so I had the pretzels and string cheese as a snack in the afternoon.

Dinner was steak, ½ baked potato, spinach, peppers & onions. I recently bought a bunch of meat from Omaha Steak. (They were running a good deal and there was double cash-back from Ebates.) The steaks are 5 oz. lean sirloin steaks – I cooked it up on the Foreman grill and, once done, measured in at 4.1 oz. Pretty much the perfect serving size – right? :confused3

ry%3D400

After dinner, I took a 30 minute walk. Those of you that followed my journal last year may remember that I used to walk for 60 minutes. Unfortunately, I was hit with plantar fasciitis and had to cut back drastically. I’m now able to walk for 30 minutes at a stretch – not ideal, but better than nothing.

I had some schoolwork to do tonight (went back to school in September to get my Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Mgmt.) and had a bag of microwave popcorn with olive oil and a little parmesan cheese.

I’ve been trying to cut down on my Diet Coke habit, and was able to have only 2 today. :thumbsup2 One with lunch and one with popcorn.

There’s a load of laundry in the dryer - once that is done, I’m going to try to settle in for the night. I’d like to get up a few minutes early tomorrow to make a better breakfast.

Until tomorrow …

- Laura

Just popping in to subscribe and to offer some support! We all have our ups and downs. You'll do great!! Keep us updated. :)

I’m back … :wave:

Sorry I’ve been MIA – the last month was pretty hectic with school, work and life in general. Now that school is over until September, I promise to post more often. (Hoping for daily, but will be happy w/ a few times a week.)

Foodwise – I’ll say that for the last month I’ve been “aware” of what I’m eating, but not following any sort of program. When I stepped on the scale this morning, I was shocked to see that it read 220 lbs., exactly where I was on 4/30. If asked, I would have thought I’d gained a few pounds, my clothes have felt much tighter and I just feel bloated. ( I will admit that I’ve been going haywire with the diet soda, 4+ cans a day. :scared1:)

Anyway, here we go (again) …

This morning I had a smoothie for breakfast – I’m not a real fan of smoothies as meals, I really need something to chew on in order to feel satisfied. But, I had gotten a coupon for a free Yoplait smoothie so I decided to try it out. I thought the banana flavoring was a little fake tasting – it left a bad aftertaste. It served its purpose, but I won’t have one again.
ry%3D400

Lunch was 2 eggs, each topped with a slice of pepper jack cheese and an apple.
ry%3D400

I found this Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced cheese at Stop & Shop. Only 40 calories per slice and very tasty. (I also got a package of the Provolone, but haven’t tried it yet.)
ry%3D400

I was out running errands when I realized that I hadn’t taken anything out for dinner. I was near Panera Bread, so I decided to pick up something there, rather than throw a frozen dinner in the microwave. I ordered from their “You Pick Two” menu and got a half BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad and cup of chicken noodle soup. Only 340 calories for the whole thing. Not bad, huh?
ry%3D400

I’ve decided I’m going to try tracking calories with LoseIt.com – for some reason I just can’t seem to stick with WW these days. I’ll give LoseIt a full 30 days and then see where I’ll go from there.

As of this writing, I have about 250 calories left for the day. I’m not sure how I’ll use them yet. I think today was a bit of a fluke, since I had off from work and didn’t have a real breakfast. I don’t anticipate having that many calories leftover at night in the future.

Random thoughts for the day:

I tried putting off having my first Diet Coke as long as possible – at around 2:00pm, I got a killer migraine. I think it was the lack of caffeine. Until I can slowly wean myself, I don’t think I can wait so long. I’ll have one around noon tomorrow so I don’t wind up with a headache at work.

I didn’t do any formal exercise today - but I worked in the garden for a while, so that was a little something.

Tomorrow is my sister’s graduation ceremony with dinner afterwards (she got her Master’s Degree) – not sure where we are going, but I’ll try to eat on the low side calorie-wise for breakfast/lunch – but not so low that I’ll go crazy at dinner.

Until tomorrow …

- Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter