One night solo. Recommendations?

CBMom01

DIS Veteran
I’m going to have one evening to myself before the rest of my group arrives for out December trip. Trying to decide between MVMCP, buying another day and going to HS (sipped it last time - haven’t seen GE or done SDD, or maybe something else.

I don't really want to hang around our resort - All Star Movies - or out to a big dinner by myself (though I go back and forth on that). WWYD?

I had a similar situation this past week. Was out in SoCal for a day by myself and decided to visit Disneyland to check out GE and geek out a little by myself. If I had a day all to myself in WDW, I'd spend it in Epcot and deep-dive World Showcase. I spend too little time there as it is on regular trips, and of the times I have spent exploring WS on my own, my experiences have been very rewarding.

I agree with PP , choose the one park you rarely get to discover on your own. I would probably say Epcot too, or if its your bag maybe Disney Springs?

Adding a day can cost very little, depending on your current ticket. I would add a day, and do something that I would like to see on my own.

Well, heck, I am already doing that actually! :) My friend is coming on a Sunday evening, and I'm going Saturday morning, so I'll have two 1/2 days on my own and I'm excited about that.

I’d go to Hollywood Studios. The park is awesome at night, but I’m not sure how that’s going to change with Rise of the Resistance. Hopefully it just makes it even better and disperses the crowds even more.

I would get a reservation at the poly or grand and use the time to sit on the beach or maybe order the kind of cocktail you wouldn't splash out on usually. A good book and some mindful time to myself. That's the relaxing option though!

A lot of the resorts have Movies Under the Stars in the evenings, and you aren't limited to just the one at your resort. Fort Wilderness has a campfire and sing-along with the movie that I really enjoyed. You can find the schedules on the WDW website to see which movies are playing at each resort.

I would get a reservation at the poly or grand and use the time to sit on the beach or maybe order the kind of cocktail you wouldn't splash out on usually. A good book and some mindful time to myself. That's the relaxing option though!
I looked to see if the Poly had a room for the night as a just me splurge. No luck, but I might head to one of the bars there :)

I’m going to have one evening to myself before the rest of my group arrives for out December trip. Trying to decide between MVMCP, buying another day and going to HS (sipped it last time - haven’t seen GE or done SDD, or maybe something else.

I don't really want to hang around our resort - All Star Movies - or out to a big dinner by myself (though I go back and forth on that). WWYD?
Think about what you would like to see that your group won't be interested in doing. MVMCP is a great idea if your party is not doing it (it's pretty pricey for a group). Also, if you decide you'd like to treat yourself to dinner but don't want to make a reservation for one, there are ways around that. You can go to the lounge at California Grill where you can order from the whole menu or just get a drink and an appetizer. You'll still get the benefit of seeing the fireworks from their rooftop viewing area. If you want to go to Disney Springs, you can usually order off the whole menu from the bar at a place like Homecoming. Maybe there is a park or a specific land you want to see but your group does not. Take advantage of the mobility of having a night to yourself and then have a wonderful time when your group arrives. Have fun.

I looked to see if the Poly had a room for the night as a just me splurge. No luck, but I might head to one of the bars there :)
Or just a nice meal alone. So many people hate the idea of eating alone. I love it, I can concentrate on the food lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!