One night struggle

KaystotheKingdom

Mouseketeer
Hello!

this is my first time booking a really last minute trip. I booked sun-wed, this is next week by the way. The flights on Wednesday are significantly more expensive than Thursday, but I’m finding trying to add a night, or even adding a 1 night reservation is next to impossible unless I pay $500+ for a deluxe I do not need. I thought about a Disney springs hotel, but it’s just me and my 4 year old so I was really banking on ME and not bringing a car seat.
any ideas? We even have dvc points but there is zero availability (but I’m not surprised). I guess I thought the last minute trip would be much easier than this and it is stressing me out.

thanks for any insight.

Would you book a pretty early flight on Thursday? Stay at the Hyatt in the airport Wednesday night. Put in a fake flight number for super late Wednesday night, and take DME late on Wednesday.

(I'm doing this in reverse in March. I'm taking a redeye flight on a Saturday night and staying in the airport Hyatt; gave Disney a flight number for an early morning Sunday flight, and will take DME to my resort on Sunday morning.)

Does anyone know what would happen it I booked a separate 4 night reservation and requested to cancel 3 nights?
Do they reserve certain rooms for certain lengths of stay? Because none of those nights show up available at that hotel when I search them individually.

Where are you staying now? Did you book with a discount? It looks like both ASSp and POFQ are available for that entire stay (Sunday - Thursday). Maybe just switch resorts?

Hello!

this is my first time booking a really last minute trip. I booked sun-wed, this is next week by the way. The flights on Wednesday are significantly more expensive than Thursday, but I’m finding trying to add a night, or even adding a 1 night reservation is next to impossible unless I pay $500+ for a deluxe I do not need. I thought about a Disney springs hotel, but it’s just me and my 4 year old so I was really banking on ME and not bringing a car seat.
any ideas? We even have dvc points but there is zero availability (but I’m not surprised). I guess I thought the last minute trip would be much easier than this and it is stressing me out.

thanks for any insight.
You’re right that inventory is tight. What kind of budget do you have? On Hotwire right now, I see an opaque booking on 2/5-2/6 for AKL at $343 plus taxes and fees. Still an expensive option but not $500 bad.

Alternatively, go the DS route and bring a booster. Look on Amazon for inflatable boosters like the Bubblebum. We recently bought a Hiccapop inflatable booster for our four-year-old specifically for quick rides when we wouldn’t have her real car seat. It’s not something I’d use on a regular basis, but I plan to bring it to WDW with me so regular Uber/Lyft is an option.

Another option is to have a cheap booster shipped to your WDW hotel. That way, you don’t have to lug it down, but can use it when you Uber to your DS hotel with your luggage, and use it again on the Uber to the airport. Then you can choose to lug it back or abandon it (though the later seems wasteful, even if it might be cost effective).

Where are you staying now? Did you book with a discount? It looks like both ASSp and POFQ are available for that entire stay (Sunday - Thursday). Maybe just switch resorts?
I think it might be too late to get out of the current reservation without significant penalty. Usually room-only deadline for full refund is a week in advance

Idk if you’re willing or how much it would be, but can’t the Minnie vans pick up at the airport? They already have the car seat

Somehow I ended up with a Saratoga Studio for 240 with am the annual pass holder discount. Somebody must have canceled because I have been at this all day! Wish I didn’t have to resort hop for one day but the cost of the room is still cheaper than the wed flight so I’ll take the extra day at Disney.

thanks for all the ideas! I might stick to my11 month out dvc window haha. But alas, I’ve decided not to renew the AP which expires mid feb and wanted one last hurrah

Somehow I ended up with a Saratoga Studio for 240 with am the annual pass holder discount. Somebody must have canceled because I have been at this all day! Wish I didn’t have to resort hop for one day but the cost of the room is still cheaper than the wed flight so I’ll take the extra day at Disney.

thanks for all the ideas! I might stick to my11 month out dvc window haha. But alas, I’ve decided not to renew the AP which expires mid feb and wanted one last hurrah
That’s fantastic! Enjoy your trip!

I think it might be too late to get out of the current reservation without significant penalty. Usually room-only deadline for full refund is a week in advance

Room-only cancellation deadline is 5 days prior to check-in, but you don't need to cancel and re-book. All you need to do is modify your current reservation. You wouldn't need to cancel anything. Zero penalty.

Just an FYI - POR, pool view is available for your entire stay for $190 per night (plus taxes) under the AP rate. If that sounds good to you, I would simply call WDW (or your TA) and modify your first reservation (and cancel the last night stay at SSR).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!