One park, can't decide!!!

Taylor'sMom

Wish I was there...
We'd really like to add 1 Universal day to our July trip, but I think the 2-park tixket is just cost-prohibitive for a single day. If we go, I think we'll have to pick a park... and I can't pick!!

We are more interested in the wizarding world areas. We went in 2018 focused primarily on those areas and loved it. Hands down, I think Diagon Alley and every shop there is a winner. We spent so much time in each, exploring merchanidise and all the details. And I love Gringotts. While we also enjoyed Hogsmede and FJ, we didn't love it as much.... but we haven't yet experienced Hagrid's.
So..... go to Universal Studios where I know we'll love it, or go to IOA, so we can experience Hagrids????

If it were me I would do Universal. Hagrids May or may not be cooperating that day and if it is the line will be long. I would save Hagrids for when you have more time.

Vote for Universal as well. Save Hagrid's for another trip when the attraction has it more together, less of a wait time, or simply when you have more time to dedicate time to it.

I feel the same way about the Harry Potter experience. While my two favorites (place to eat / favorite attraction) are The Three Broomsticks and FJ and both are at Hogsmeade, as a whole I prefer Diagon Alley in terms of exploring, the depth of what you can do and see, has more of a "wow" factor with it's entrance and overall experience. Also, a lot more shops to explore since most of Hogsmeade's shops are facades.

Also, in general, I feel as if I can spend a lot more time over at Universal and the park has a lot more variety of things to see and do in terms of attractions. So, to me, it's a more bang for your buck situation. For example, if you do not want to ride children rides (which Seussland is dedicated to that), or do not want to get wet that automatically takes two lands out entirely. You can argue a third land would be taken out unless you go to Mytho's, or Poseidon's Fury, as most other attractions have been converted to Harry Potter, or eliminated and most guests pass all the little shops for the most part on their way to the land.

We'd really like to add 1 Universal day to our July trip, but I think the 2-park tixket is just cost-prohibitive for a single day. If we go, I think we'll have to pick a park... and I can't pick!!

We are more interested in the wizarding world areas. We went in 2018 focused primarily on those areas and loved it. Hands down, I think Diagon Alley and every shop there is a winner. We spent so much time in each, exploring merchanidise and all the details. And I love Gringotts. While we also enjoyed Hogsmede and FJ, we didn't love it as much.... but we haven't yet experienced Hagrid's.
So..... go to Universal Studios where I know we'll love it, or go to IOA, so we can experience Hagrids????

Simple answer...sounds like you should do The Studios..... :thumbsup2

Something also to add - in the summer is rains nearly every day, and when there is lightening many outdoor rides have to shut down. At Islands, it's a huge issue because a LOT of their major/popular rides are outdoors (Hulk, Dr. Doom, Popeye, Jurassic Park, Hagrid, Hippogriff, the Seuss Troll, etc.). Meanwhile, most of Universal Studios is indoors so pretty much everything can stay open. In fact, I think the only big thing that needs to close is the Rip Ride Rockit. So if it looks like there is going to be a thunderstorm and you only have one park to pick, pick Studios.

If you only care about the HP areas I'd lean towards Studios as well. There is just the one ride but feel it is very re-rideable with tolerable waits. Love FJ but can't reride it a ton without feeling sick. Hogsmeade has Hagrids and FJ but shops wise it is lacking a bit so feel there is really less overall for just checking out, and Diagon Alley has the better shows/Olivanders.

If you're looking at the parks as a whole though I'd say it depends on what you are interested in. If you are really wanting to do lots of rides outside of the Wizarding World I'd go with Islands. If you enjoy shows more and just walking around in general Studios is the better option I think.

Thanks for all the replies, glad you all agree! Sounds like Studios is the clear winner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter