One time point during Covid

myosotisd

Park fanatic
Hello,

I bought 18 one time point for my stay in August, and because of Covid i had to cancel my holiday.
I'm french so i am not allow to come to USA.

DVC Member services don't want to refund the 18 points, i try to sell it but no success.

Do anybody has be able to get their money back ?
What i could do ?

They are no longer refunding if the points are from stays when both resorts and parks are open,

You can certainly call and talk to a supervisor...or email to see if an exception can be made since you are from overseas.

Hello,

I bought 18 one time point for my stay in August, and because of Covid i had to cancel my holiday.
I'm french so i am not allow to come to USA.

DVC Member services don't want to refund the 18 points, i try to sell it but no success.

Do anybody has be able to get their money back ?
What i could do ?
Keep trying. I kept calling every week and they finally caved and refunded me. I originally bought 20 for a spring trip that was cancelled by Disney for the closure. I rebooked for September and now we have to cancel. Similar to you - we are from a state that has a travel advisory from anyone returning from Florida has to quarantine 14 more days. Neither of us can take that long from work. I was told no 4 times and just waited a few days and called again. Finally they agreed to refund. So they CAN, you just have to find that one supervisor that WILL. Keep trying.

Keep trying. I kept calling every week and they finally caved and refunded me. I originally bought 20 for a spring trip that was cancelled by Disney for the closure. I rebooked for September and now we have to cancel. Similar to you - we are from a state that has a travel advisory from anyone returning from Florida has to quarantine 14 more days. Neither of us can take that long from work. I was told no 4 times and just waited a few days and called again. Finally they agreed to refund. So they CAN, you just have to find that one supervisor that WILL. Keep trying.

Thanks for your return, i did but they said and it's totally unfair : "yes it's true we refunded some people and some not and we will not refund you"
I really don't understand their policy.

Just tried today and was told I could put my OTU points in RCI as they are not refunding them. This was my first real attempt so I may not give up yet. I also emailed after that to say I prefer a refund but I can already see the RCI option coming up again. I suppose they see that as a viable alternative to tell us rather than just a no. I guess if this is the worst that happens along with losing a few banked points I may just have to move on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!