One Time Use Points

darly2004

Mouseketeer
Let's say I am going to WDW in 2019 and I am using banked 2018 points, 2019 points and borrowed 2020 points to build a complete stay. Can I buy 3 years worth of one time use points or only for 2019? Thank you.

Only for 2019 - 7 month booking window. You cannot bank or borrow One Time Use Points.

From the website:

The purchase just needs to occur at the time you're making the reservation that requires them.

• Rates are subject to change, but currently Members enjoy a rate of $17 ($15.11 plus $1.89 tax) per one-time-use Vacation Point.
  • You won't be able to cancel or refund your purchase of one-time use Vacation Points, nor will you be able to transfer, bank, or borrow them.
  • In the event that your trip does not unfold as planned and your reservation must be canceled, be aware that one-time-use Vacation Points expire at the end of your Use Year.

So, because One Time Use points can't be 'Banked or Borrowed' then that means you can only purchase the One Time Use points during the use year where the reservation takes place, in this case, 2019?

It sounds like you might need additional points or want to try and save some of your points, if so then you could look into a points transfer. That is always an option and can actually allow you to book at 11 months if you are able to match your resort. I think if the transfer points match your resort (not sure if they have to match UY too - someone can correct me) then they will be visible on the member website for your use to book, but if not then they will be in your account but only can be used for booking by calling MS.

It sounds like you might need additional points or want to try and save some of your points, if so then you could look into a points transfer. That is always an option and can actually allow you to book at 11 months if you are able to match your resort. I think if the transfer points match your resort (not sure if they have to match UY too - someone can correct me) then they will be visible on the member website for your use to book, but if not then they will be in your account but only can be used for booking by calling MS.

I totally agree with you that OP should look into a member transfer. As one who has done this more times than I should admit - unfortunately, even when it is my home resort it still doesn't show on the website. That's why I hate to do a member transfer . . . yet I still do them. :teeth:

So, because One Time Use points can't be 'Banked or Borrowed' then that means you can only purchase the One Time Use points during the use year where the reservation takes place, in this case, 2019?
OTU points are points MS has lying around from contracts owned by Disney. They could be any resort, and quite possibly any "state" (banked, current, borrowed) but they are valid for the UY in which your trip takes place.

I'm currently in my Oct 2017 UY. If I call today to book a trip that will take place in my Oct 2018 UY and purchase OTU points, they will provide points that are valid for Oct 1, 2018 - Sep 30, 2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter