Online Blue Card after purchasing 75 pts direct

BlueRibbon

Mouseketeer
Hi Folks!

This is going to make me look very impatient, but was curious how long it takes from when you buy direct to when you can get an online "Blue Card?"

I've owned resale for about a year but recently purchased 75 points direct from Disney. The signed docs are on their way back to Orlando now, and points are already loaded, but if I look at my membership card online, it's still white.

Just curious as to what others experienced.

We purchased 25 points direct back in the day when that gave you access to perks and we had the blue card in our account the day of signing the documents.

We did buy in person and signed the documents while staying at a DVC resort.

We did the 25 point add as well. I believe we had it the day the points loaded on the website. Which IIRC was within a day or two of the phone call and even prior to completing paperwork.

I wish they still had the 25 point add on!! I sometimes dream of a recession that drives prices down just so I can go legit for a better price, lol :upsidedow

No one knows what the future will bring, for better or worse you might get your wish for a recession before you know it.

Hi Folks!

This is going to make me look very impatient, but was curious how long it takes from when you buy direct to when you can get an online "Blue Card?"

I've owned resale for about a year but recently purchased 75 points direct from Disney. The signed docs are on their way back to Orlando now, and points are already loaded, but if I look at my membership card online, it's still white.

Just curious as to what others experienced.

Our docs are also on the way back to disney after buying the needed 75 points direct. On the same day we purchased, I noticed the points, new contract, and digital blue card were all there. Next day, the digital card was back to white (points and new contract still there thank goodness). The following day, still white so I contacted member services. I was on the phone about an hour with them while they tried to figure it out. IT involved. They said it should be blue and they told me they would get back to me later that day. They did not get back with me but they did send me activation codes in my email as though I needed to set up a new account. I haven't had time to call them back (anticipating it will be an hour call) and am scared to touch those activation codes because we already have a fully functioning account. I also noticed that the white card is back to blue again. I plan on on calling them this week. They told me that the card should be blue when you get the new points. So yes, you should call and let them know. Let me know how it works out for you. I will as well.

I talked with them last week. They said it's a glitch in the system with people that purchased Riviera. They are aware of it, but have no idea when it will be fixed..
I've had the same problem too

It might matter as to how you paid for the points. If you have a loan it could be after you make your first payment.

I bought BLT direct last year. From what I remember it was instant as soon as I gave my credit card information for the down payment. I don’t recall it being tied to documents going back.

We also already own resale and yesterday purchased 75 direct SSR points. Our online card changed to blue and we were able to order our blue plastic cards and access all of the membership extra stuff DVC AP and such but now today it changed back to white. I guess we too are gonna have to call. Ugh

I can't remember how long ours was, but it took a while, maybe a week or two. Paid credit card. They basically told me it could take a while to change over.

My husband just called and connected with technical support and the person he talked to fixed ours right away. Now changed back to blue card.

We also already own resale and yesterday purchased 75 direct SSR points. Our online card changed to blue and we were able to order our blue plastic cards and access all of the membership extra stuff DVC AP and such but now today it changed back to white. I guess we too are gonna have to call. Ugh

I just saw your post and went to check our account and my card is white again! I will call them today.
I have read many complaints about Disney's IT but it never fully resonated for me until joining DVC this past year.
Although we did have one trip to wdw about 3 years ago where ALL of our fastpasses for an 8 day trip disappeared the day we checked in. I could tell the CM I spoke with at Beach Club did not really believe me. Then I remembered that for some reason-- I had never done this before and haven't again, not smart- I had printed out everything we were doing every day and was able to show the CM all the fastpasses. The CM was pretty floored that all of the fastpasses had disappeared and sent us to GS in the Magic Kingdom. When we were there, some of the booked fastpasses were showing up on our app even though they were not in their system- like if you logged into mydisneyexperience online, none of the fastpasses were there. It was a very strange situation and in the end the CMs said weird things happen every once in a while and they do not know why. They ended up giving us open ended fastpasses but it took a few hours for the entire thing to get sorted out which was the worst part.
But even with that experience I was not that worried about Disney's IT until now that we essentially have a bank account through DVC with them. Now I do feel like this IT situation is unforgivable on Disney's part. It seems one out of four times I log in on dvc there is an issue of some kind, so that I no longer expect it will work but am glad when it does. I have never had any issues with any other company's website or any bank's website. We have accounts with 4 banks-- never had any issues at all with any account, no IT issues period.

Check again every day. Ours was blue then white then blue- now white again.
Thanks-will keep an eye on it and will just call again if it happens. When I saw this thread yesterday I just knew to check it again today and sure enough it was white but like I said my husband called and they "fixed" it so we shall see I guess. lol

I just saw your post and went to check our account and my card is white again! I will call them today.
I have read many complaints about Disney's IT but it never fully resonated for me until joining DVC this past year.
Although we did have one trip to wdw about 3 years ago where ALL of our fastpasses for an 8 day trip disappeared the day we checked in. I could tell the CM I spoke with at Beach Club did not really believe me. Then I remembered that for some reason-- I had never done this before and haven't again, not smart- I had printed out everything we were doing every day and was able to show the CM all the fastpasses. The CM was pretty floored that all of the fastpasses had disappeared and sent us to GS in the Magic Kingdom. When we were there, some of the booked fastpasses were showing up on our app even though they were not in their system- like if you logged into mydisneyexperience online, none of the fastpasses were there. It was a very strange situation and in the end the CMs said weird things happen every once in a while and they do not know why. They ended up giving us open ended fastpasses but it took a few hours for the entire thing to get sorted out which was the worst part.
But even with that experience I was not that worried about Disney's IT until now that we essentially have a bank account through DVC with them. Now I do feel like this IT situation is unforgivable on Disney's part. It seems one out of four times I log in on dvc there is an issue of some kind, so that I no longer expect it will work but am glad when it does. I have never had any issues with any other company's website or any bank's website. We have accounts with 4 banks-- never had any issues at all with any account, no IT issues period.
I hear you. We bring a file folder with us to our Disney trip with all of our dining reservations, fast passes plus print outs of any reservations we cancelled (dining or whatever). Same reason just for proof.

Thanks-will keep an eye on it and will just call again if it happens. When I saw this thread yesterday I just knew to check it again today and sure enough it was white but like I said my husband called and they "fixed" it so we shall see I guess. lol
I just called them and they switched it back to blue. They told me the activation codes sent to our email should be ignored. You might get those too? The CM said that what they do is deactivate the account and reactivate it to switch the card back to blue and that codes get generated in the process. I hope it stays blue this time! Good luck with your account. :earsboy:

I just called them and they switched it back to blue. They told me the activation codes sent to our email should be ignored. You might get those too? The CM said that what they do is deactivate the account and reactivate it to switch the card back to blue and that codes get generated in the process. I hope it stays blue this time! Good luck with your account. :earsboy:
Yes We got those codes emailed as well. My husband said he wasn't gonna do anything with those just like what you said. Thank you and good luck with your account as well.

Good morning. Our card changed back to white yet again, ugh. Anyone have luck with theirs staying blue? I guess we will call again if it doesn't change back but just not gonna call everyday. It's ridiculous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts