Online check-in? Best timeframe?

Kaufeegurl

Mouseketeer
Curious to know when fellow DVCers think the best timeframe is to do online check-in. Staying at BCV starting 9/8. I have already called member services to note a request for upper floor, pool view. I am pretty sure I've read they start assigning rooms 2 weeks out. Is now too early to do online check-in?

Curious to know when fellow DVCers think the best timeframe is to do online check-in. Staying at BCV starting 9/8. I have already called member services to note a request for upper floor, pool view. I am pretty sure I've read they start assigning rooms 2 weeks out. Is now too early to do online check-in?

I have already done online check in for my late September stays, it doesn’t matter when you complete it.

I have gotten them early, like 11. I have gotten them at 5ish. I do not think there is a time you can "expect" per say, but I dont expect it until 4.

But, thats not so say you can not go enjoy the resort amenities, pool included.

I should clarify, when do I find out room number?
same answer. I have gotten it very early, like 11, but that is rare. I have also gotten it after 4. you should get a text message. I would say 'expect' between 3 and 5

I have gotten room info as soon as the plane lands (9am) and I have cell service, and I have had to go to the lobby at 4 to see what's up. It just depends on the day....

If you do a request via MS, don't bother with any request with online check in. It will cancel out your requests that you made with MS.

Just a heads up, I would check with the front desk periodically about your room. Last week we had a room at Kidani and our friends did as well. At 9 am we each got the “your room isn’t quite ready yet”. At 4pm neither had received the text that the room was ready so we checked at the front desk and magically both rooms had been ready for a while.

Just a heads up, I would check with the front desk periodically about your room. Last week we had a room at Kidani and our friends did as well. At 9 am we each got the “your room isn’t quite ready yet”. At 4pm neither had received the text that the room was ready so we checked at the front desk and magically both rooms had been ready for a while.
At DVC resorts, check in time isn't until AFTER 4PM.

On a slightly related note...

We are a party of 8 (4 adults, 4 kids) staying in a 2BR in October. We are planning to use our magic bands so I know we need to have a credit card on file, but we also plan to "settle up" each night using our gift cards. The travelling party is myself and my sister and our children, and our parents. As the DVC member, I am the "lead" on the reservation, but we would like to use my dad's credit card for check in. Is this possible? Can I have a credit card in my MDE account that is not in my name? Our 60-day window opens in 4 days so we are excited about doing online checkin:Pinkbounc.

On a slightly related note...

We are a party of 8 (4 adults, 4 kids) staying in a 2BR in October. We are planning to use our magic bands so I know we need to have a credit card on file, but we also plan to "settle up" each night using our gift cards. The travelling party is myself and my sister and our children, and our parents. As the DVC member, I am the "lead" on the reservation, but we would like to use my dad's credit card for check in. Is this possible? Can I have a credit card in my MDE account that is not in my name? Our 60-day window opens in 4 days so we are excited about doing online checkin:Pinkbounc.

I am always the lead on reservations, but often assign my husband's credit card as the card on file when I do online check in (his credit card in his name only I am not associated with it in any way). Sometimes this is fine, other times we get a text that we need to go to the front desk to check in and they say that it is because their was no credit card linked to the stay, this only happens when I use his card for online check in, never when I use my card that is always associated with and saved in my MDE, the CMs have said that sometimes designating a different card than the primary one saved to an account can cause issues, so YMMV. Have you checked to see if you can check in now? for a while now MDE has let me check in for my reservations well in advance of 60 days.

Last year, for one of my stays, I got a text around Noon telling me my room is ready.

Then for another stay, I didn't receive anything, and when I went to the front desk around 2pm, I found out my room had been ready .

There is no consistency in their IT system, and therefore no real way to know if you room is ready without going to the front desk. It's very annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!