Online check in & free parking at the parks question

maxsmom

DIS Veteran
So if we do online check in and bypass the front desk how do the parks know we are resort quest and don’t have the most to park at the parks? One wouldn’t get all the papers and things that are normally hand out at check in. Do the park parking lot gate attendants check magic bands now? Before we had a paper. Thanks!

Yep, you’ll be all good since it’s all linked through My Disney Experience.

At the parks they scan your magic band and thumbprint as you enter. (The thumbprint is then linked to your tickets to avoid people giving them to others to use after they leave the park.)

Yep, you’ll be all good since it’s all linked through My Disney Experience.

At the parks they scan your magic band and thumbprint as you enter. (The thumbprint is then linked to your tickets to avoid people giving them to others to use after they leave the park.)

Thanks, but I mean to get in the parking lot. Not the parks. I’m the past we showed the parking attendants a paper that we are resort guest and they waved us through instead of collecting money to park. I was concerned b/c we wouldn’t have a paper to show them. Even with magic bands and checking in online we’ve always gone to the front desk in the past. Hoping to not do that this trip. Thanks though!

Thanks, but I mean to get in the parking lot. Not the parks. I’m the past we showed the parking attendants a paper that we are resort guest and they waved us through instead of collecting money to park. I was concerned b/c we wouldn’t have a paper to show them. Even with magic bands and checking in online we’ve always gone to the front desk in the past. Hoping to not do that this trip. Thanks though!

Oh! Well that’s all linked through your magic band too, so you will be good. The only thing you will have to do is drive through the security gate at your hotel once to get your car registered at the hotel, then every time after that you can drive through the gate where you scan your magic band.

Oh! Well that’s all linked through your magic band too, so you will be good. The only thing you will have to do is drive through the security gate at your hotel once to get your car registered at the hotel, then every time after that you can drive through the gate where you scan your magic band.

Ok thanks! I didn’t realize they were registering our vehicle at the guard gates.

Ok thanks! I didn’t realize they were registering our vehicle at the guard gates.

Yep, it’s so they know that your car is owned by a hotel guest and not just a person who parked there for dinner and left it.

Also, they charge for parking now so you set that up then.

Yep, it’s so they know that your car is owned by a hotel guest and not just a person who parked there for dinner and left it.

Also, they charge for parking now so you set that up then.

If you're a guest who shouldn't be charged (had already made our reservation), do we tell the gate guard? Or the front desk? So that we're not charged.

If you're a guest who shouldn't be charged (had already made our reservation), do we tell the gate guard? Or the front desk? So that we're not charged.

If you see you've been incorrectly charged, speak to the front desk in person. The gate guard has nothing to do with whether you're charged or not.

Did you make your reservation before they announced they’d be charging guests for parking? If not, then you’ll be charged daily for parking as a hotel guest.

Did you make your reservation before they announced they’d be charging guests for parking? If not, then you’ll be charged daily for parking as a hotel guest.

Yes, we made ours last fall. Just wasn't sure if the gate guard or the front desk would be the ones to handle fees, should we accidentally get charged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter