Online point release on cancellation

xipetotec

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if I cancel a DVC reservation via the website, if the points immediately go back into my account, or if there is a delay.

Let's say I'm maxed out on points, but I find an alternate room, can I have another browser tab open, cancel that one and use the points on the new one. Or will I just potentially lose out because maybe those points won't be back into my account for "x" amount of time?

just hit the refresh button when your done and points should show up. that's what I do and never had a problem.

Does anyone know if I cancel a DVC reservation via the website, if the points immediately go back into my account, or if there is a delay.

Let's say I'm maxed out on points, but I find an alternate room, can I have another browser tab open, cancel that one and use the points on the new one. Or will I just potentially lose out because maybe those points won't be back into my account for "x" amount of time?
In my experience, refreshing will risk losing the reservation. Try this instead.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...n-you-go-ahead-of-time.3461485/#post-54707122

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter