Only a few days until we are back at World! 2019 Trip Itinerary & PTR!!

AggieDizzer

Mouseketeer

The day has almost arrived!! As I write this, I am surrounded by suitcases, magic bands, Mickey t-shirts, and a couple of those toilet-seat looking pillows for sleeping on the airplane. It's Disney week and we're about to jump out of our skins to get back to Florida. As Disney music plays in the background, we find ourselves busy tucking, and folding, and stuffing our travel bags full of everything from shorts to snacks to sunglasses to sunscreen. "Did you pack extra socks?"; "Don't forget your pancho!"; "Has anyone seen my Magic Kingdom beach towel?" Ah, the sounds of a Disney vacation, nigh upon us.

I'm pretty excited about this trip, as we have a few new wrinkles thrown in to this itinerary that fill me with anticipation. It's been 4 years since I've had a real WDW vacation (aside from a quick one-day outing) - and since my last visit here, I have had the chance to visit Disneyland out in California for my first, second, third, and fourth times...and have absolutely fallen in love with Walt's park out west. I'm looking forward to comparing the experiences between the parks - because, as much as I love the DL Resort, I feel like I am a "World-er" at heart. I had the joy of making the plans for this week, and I gotta say, I am pretty proud of myself. ;-)

Here's the agenda.....

Saturday PM - Arrive; Disney's Magical Express to Port Orleans Riverside for one night. This is all about the nostalgia! POR has always been our go-to resort, but we've had the chance to upgrade our accommodations so POR won't be our primary resort this time around. Since we're flying in a day earlier than originally planed we decided to spend one night here just to soak in the ambiance and have breakfast at the Riverside Mill food court again.

Sunday - Hang at POR, check out Disney Springs, and become OFFICIAL ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS!!!! We decided to take the plunge and buy Annual Passes this year. We figure we'll make our money back quickly, between dining and merch discounts, another quick trip scheduled later this year, and WDW Marathon Weekend in January. This is a no-brainer. Speaking of merch, this will be my first visit to the new Disney Springs. I've heard it's basically a 5th gate. I'm stoked. #buyallthethings

Then we'll take a Minnie Van ride over to our primary resort for this trip - Old Key West! Booked a 1 br "condo" for the week, and I am pretty excited about having the extra room.

I hope to wrap up the day/start the week by having drinks with my wife at Trader Sam's. Talk about winning!! TIKI!

Monday - Up early for a run around the resort. I love running at WDW when the resorts are "just waking up". From watching the cast members hosing down the pool areas to seeing groggy guests wander about with their coffee, these early mornings set the stage for me and really get me in the Disney mood. BREAKFAST ADR - "The Wave...Of American Flavors" at the Contemporary. Heard great things about this one!! Looking forward to checking it out. PARK - EPCOT!! Last day of Flower and Garden - Woot!! DINNER ADR - Via Napoli. One of our favorites. It never, ever gets old. We've had top-notch experiences every time we've been. FP - Soarin'.

Tuesday - PARK - The STUDIOS! No run today - up for an early breakfast (probably in our room) so we can rope drop this one. Could not get a FP for Slinky Dog, so we'll bust out first thing and hit that one. We don't have an ADR, so we'll probably table-service it for the day (lunch & dinner). FP for TSM and Fantasmic. Plus, my daughter is a CM at DHS! Hope to get to see her in the park!

Wednesday - Start with a morning run around the resort. And then, it's MAGIC KINGDOM day!! With extra magic hours! It's going to be a LONG day. Would not be surprised if we decide to take a mid-day siesta so we can power through until 1am - which I am absolutely certain we will try to do. FP's for Peter Pan and Seven Dwarfs. Dinner ADR for Skipper Canteen. Will ride Haunted Mansion about 1,000 times.

Thursday - I finally get to see what all the hubbub is about, as we visit ANIMAL KINGDOM and get to see Pandora for the first time. I always loved AK before - the theming, the lush jungle vibe, the food...but I counted myself among those who thought it was a half-day park. I am eager to see what the new land has done for AK. FP's for FoP (of course) and Expedition Everest. We'll ride Na'avi River Journey, and while I have heard it's underwhelming, I still look forward to seeing it firsthand. I like dark rides, even the short ones. No ADR's in the park but we will eat at Satu'li Canteen. ADR for dinner at our resort restaurant, Olivia's. I hear that I need to try the Key Lime Pie!!

Friday - Golf day! I am playing golf in the morning on the Magnolia course while the fam goes to Blizzard Beach for a water park excursion. The rest of the day will be free, so I may go back to Epcot for the afternoon - or possibly hit up Magic Kingdom again. My wife and I will end the day with dinner at California Grille. Can't beat it. Much anticipation.

Saturday - closing out the week with an early run, some Mickey waffles, and maybe a jump in the pool. We board the Magical Express at noon for the return trip to the airport so we'll take in as much as we can on this last morning. It almost makes me sad to think about getting to Saturday, but to quote Mister Incredible - "We'll get there when we get there!!" There's going to be a LOT to see and do between arrival and departure. And I intend to stay in each and every moment along the way.

So that's the game plan!! I have never done a trip report before, but I may put one together for this go-around. Because, as the kids would say, this one is gonna be "lit". We "finna get it 'turnt up in here."

Disney here we come!

403760 403761

-AggieDizzer

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter