• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Only child while we visit!

skorpie

Love the magic
My daughter doesn't know that we will be going to WDW and staying at OKW to see if it is something we'd like. While hubby and I are taking the "tour" will my daughter be entertained by the DVC staff while we listen to the pitch? Also, we will be staying at OKW and I am concerned that she won't have anyone to "play" with. Anyone also going July 10-13 with a "lonely" 9 yr. old girl (or older)?? Thanks!

Have you considered the Neverland Club at the Poly? It's not just a "babysitter"-- they have great activities and it's a lot of fun for the kids. It might just give you tiem to have dinner alone too! ;)

when we bought into OKW the staff did entertain our only daughter. As for friends there is always tons of kids all ages at the main pool DD always finds a new friend

When we were discussing our plans to join DVC at the Boardwalk Sales Office in September of 1999, we were offered the opportunity to have our child "entertained" in an area designed with child care in mind. We declined, but gathered up some of the books and took them into our salespersons office. As I recall, there was one attendant in the room with videos, games, books, etc. I would assume OKW has the same type of set-up.

Are you planning to buy an OKW resale? The sales/preview center for DVC is now located at the Boardwalk resort. They do have a "playroom" for children which is pretty well stocked to keep the little ones busy while you tour. As for your stay at OKW, your daughter should have no problem finding someone to play with, especially at the main pool with the sandlot, etc. Have a wonderful time!:earsgirl: :wave:

We did "the tour" and signed papers at BWV back in December. Our two kids (9 & 8) went to the play room. There were two very nice ladies there along with 4 other children. There were movies, Nintendo, art. Our kids did not want to leave their new friends when we were done. We popped in a couple of times to check on them.

Thanks for everyone's replies! I'm feeling a lot better about leaving her while we go to the Boardwalk to go on the DVC tour! Thanks.
Dear Gail, We're still not sure whether we'll buy a resale or something from Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter