Only have one day..Party on 12/21 or MK on 12/22?

MAGICX2

DIS Veteran
We made a very last minute decision to come down 12/19-12/24 mainly so our son could visit the UCF campus. We had originally thought we would go to MVMCP on Thurs 12/20, but it now looks like that day is going to be a washout with the rain. So, would you do MVMCP on Fri 12/21 (getting in at 2pm as DVC members) or do a one day visit to MK on Sat. 12/22? Will be me, hubs, DS (17), DD (14), DD (3) and Grandma.

Party for sure. You will be able to ride more since there are no FP at the party.

Either one is going to be crowded, but I think Sat will be more crowded than the party, so I'd go with the party. You also get some special things you won't get on 22nd.

What fireworks do they show on 12/22? And which is more important to you to see?

Also - I think that you should keep watching rainy Thursday. It looks like it’s a random drizzle after 2pm I’m Thursday. Could really work out in your favor crowd wise!

What fireworks do they show on 12/22? And which is more important to you to see?

Also - I think that you should keep watching rainy Thursday. It looks like it’s a random drizzle after 2pm I’m Thursday. Could really work out in your favor crowd wise!
Holiday wishes, same as the party.
I vote for party as well but don't wait to long to buy a ticket, it's sure to sell out in the next day or so

Holiday wishes, same as the party.
I vote for party as well but don't wait to long to buy a ticket, it's sure to sell out in the next day or so

I had to go check as I was surprised it wasn't already sold out. Makes me think they've definitely increased the number of tickets available this year.

What weather app or site are you using? I’m hopeful you are right! I’ve checked Weather Channel and Accuweather and both say steady rain into the evening. :(

I had to go check as I was surprised it wasn't already sold out. Makes me think they've definitely increased the number of tickets available this year.

I think you're right. By this time last year, 11 parties had been sold out. This year: only 4. They've definitely increased the cap :(

I would go with the party. I went to the sold out party on 12/16, and although it was crowded, I still think it is a better option than the park on 12/22, especially if you are looking at rides and if you stay late. Ride the big rides during the first parade and the lines were relatively short.

Just in case anyone was wondering, lol. We made the decision to go to the party on 12/20. It was a little drizzly, but over all not to bad. Only downfall to the rain was that they did not have snow on Main St. that night. :( We got there about 3pm (DVC members) and were able to enter before the huge crowd that was lined up already. We went to the right as we entered and down the "party path" but I now wish we wouldn't have done that because we only made it back to Main St. one other time that evening and I felt like I missed "all the feels" of walking up Main St. Anyway, when we went to purchase the tickets, the Castmember helping us told us we made a good choice as he had just helped more than 5 guests switch their tickets from 12/20 to 12/21. He said there hadn't been sold out on Friday until about an hour before I asked. He was right. The crowds for this particular party were very low. We rode every single ride we wanted, including 7DMT, PP and Jingle Cruise with minimal waits. We also saw multiple characters. All in all it was a good night!

Just in case anyone was wondering, lol. We made the decision to go to the party on 12/20. It was a little drizzly, but over all not to bad. Only downfall to the rain was that they did not have snow on Main St. that night. :( We got there about 3pm (DVC members) and were able to enter before the huge crowd that was lined up already. We went to the right as we entered and down the "party path" but I now wish we wouldn't have done that because we only made it back to Main St. one other time that evening and I felt like I missed "all the feels" of walking up Main St. Anyway, when we went to purchase the tickets, the Castmember helping us told us we made a good choice as he had just helped more than 5 guests switch their tickets from 12/20 to 12/21. He said there hadn't been sold out on Friday until about an hour before I asked. He was right. The crowds for this particular party were very low. We rode every single ride we wanted, including 7DMT, PP and Jingle Cruise with minimal waits. We also saw multiple characters. All in all it was a good night!

Thanks for coming back to share your results! I’m glad it worked out - but it’s a bummer of missing the ‘feels’...I hate when that happens!

I still remember watching the weather that day after being called out for my weather app (weather underground btw ) on this thread and thinking that MK was doable and our family would have been out in that instead of a Friday or Saturday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter