Only one pair of shoes? Opinions needed!

Crocs for 65 miles walking on my last trip - 8 days - 6 at Disney 2 at Universal. I also brought closed shoe sneakers because we did the behind the scenes trip at AK and you had to wear closed shoes. I love my Crocs, but I do worry sometimes about losing them on rides and they can be slippery when walking in rain. Not a shoe person, so using one pair was fine with me!

I tend to overpack anyway... but I wear one pair of sandals in the park most days, but if my feet get tired or they start to rub between my toes, I bring a closed toe shoe to wear in between. I also bring a nicer pair of sandals for dinners and lounges. For my son, he will only wear his one pair of sneakers the whole trip even if I pack sandals or another pair of sneakers. 🤷🏻‍♀️

For only three park days I think you'd be fine as long as your shoes don't get wet or have some kind of malfunction. As another user said, if you're okay with buying a pair of shoes at Disney prices in the event of an emergency, go for it. Personally I would bring at least two pairs of walking shoes for three park days, but it's not a crazy long time to wear the same shoes.

That being said, I have Keens I wore all over the place before our 2017 Disneyland trip without any pain and I thought I was okay to bring just two pairs of the same Keens in different colors. Nope. Nopity nope nope. I ended up buying my first pair of Sanuk flipflops halfway through the trip because I was in too much pain and needed a change. I want to say that was on the night of day three, though, so if that had been our entire trip I would have gotten through it.

I've gotten blisters at Disney from wearing the same shoes all day long. And my shoes were very broken in. I bring two pair of sandals (different styles) and swap them out at the half day point. That's worked for me in the past. Regardless, I always pack lots of moleskin. Just in case.

I wear Keens all summer long, as well, but the bottoms of my feet were raw after one day in the theme parks.

I bring 3 pairs of shoes minimum. Always a pair of sneakers, Tevas and flip flops.

I know, I know, you should take at least two pairs of shoes so that you can alternate if your feet hurt or the shoes are too wet, and that is exactly what we did last time we went: we had two pairs of Converse each and were very glad we did because they got soaked. But this time, I am tempted to only take one pair of shoes each. We all have Keen sandals and have been wearing them all summer with absolutely no issues. We can wear them all day with no blisters or discomfort, and they dry extremely fast. The shoes we were planning to take as backups are ok, but definitely rub blisters after a while, so I doubt we would decide to wear them unless there was an emergency. We are trying to get away with only taking one bag each, a small enough bag to fit under the seat on the plane so we don't have to worry about space in the overhead compartment. Since luggage space is scarce and we probably will not wear the backup shoes, I am tempted to leave them at home. So, what do you think? Is this ok? Too big a risk? I need someone to either reassure me or talk some sense into me. Thank you!
I like to have a pair of bejeweled flip flops that I can wear both to the pool and out for dinner. I need more than my sneakers that I wear in the parks, and they take up very little space.

True story, i was that person who took the one pair that I wore all summer without issues. Well turns out 30,000 steps at Disney is much different than a trip to the zoo lol. Needless to say we went to the outlet mall and bought shoes about half way through the trip.

Ok so... I love shoes...

So there is no way that I would not take 2 or more pairs of shoes anywhere on any trip.. ! ... as well I have problems with my feet...

So 2 pairs of shoes and flip flops, and slippers are a must and this is just the minimum that I would go for...

What's the deal with not wanting to worry about the over head bin... you could just use one or two roll a board's and everything is all fixed and no worrying ... and now you have room for your souvenirs...

Let's see....a pair of flip flops for the room, a pair for the pool (sometimes will use the same ones), at least one pair of sneakers and two pairs of some sort of sandals/dressier flip flop for evening.

But I am one who packs the whole house if I could. I have gotten better :guilty: - I bring a ton and always wear what is most comfortable, easier, we are already out, etc.

If you are comfortable with the one pair and have no issues with your feet, etc. - why pack extra?

I’ve gotten blisters with Keen on the bottoms of my feet even after wearing the sandals all summer at home without incident. I would take a second pair but of course you know your feet best.

This happened to me at the very end of this summer. I wore the shoes all summer long just fine, but one full day at a local theme park int he same shoes, and I had multiple blisters on the bottom of my feet.

So I always bring 2, or even 3 pairs with me. (Although if bringing 3, then one pair are typically just Crocs, which are easy to squash into my luggage somewhere. :) )

I bring three pairs with me. Tennis shoes, Sketchers flip flops and Crocs. I wear all three at the parks depending on the weather.

I would bring a good paid of flip flops, they take very little room in your suitcase and will be a great backup.

Rainbow flip flops always in the parks. 10 day trips or 3 days. We do bring running shoes because we like to run if we can squeeze it in but on shorter trips we just bring our flipflops and it works for us. (We’re rope drop till we drop people)

I'd go with 2 pairs especially if like me your legs have an anomaly which causes problems with your feet (mine are different lengths) but just as important, a clean pair of socks, preferably a new pair, for every day you spend in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter