Onsite Booking Benefit Idea

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
Watching the DIS show they talked about a new Good Neighbor hotel that joined. It got me thinking that there is less and less benefit to the 60 day booking window.

A great perk for onsite would be a 70+10 booking windows instead of the current 60+10.

This would be:
90 for Club Level
70 for Onsite
60 for Good Neighbor
30 for Offsite

You mean those exact numbers, and eliminate the +10? Okay, I guess, except you know some Club Level guests are going to complain about having to decide what they want t to ride, and when, three months in advance :D

It would be nice but they've gotten everyone trained to the dates they have and I don't see them changing it.

Onsite still has what we can't go without, better transportation and most importantly, they deal with our bags. As long as Disney keeps that part, bags, to Disney owned resorts only, it's worth almost any added cost. And I like the on site bus deal better than what they provided with neighbor hotels. Even if we only partly take buses.

You mean those exact numbers, and eliminate the +10? Okay, I guess, except you know some Club Level guests are going to complain about having to decide what they want t to ride, and when, three months in advance :D
Well, the nice thing is, you wouldn't be required to book them then. Just could. One can wait as long as one wants

I just booked FP for a spring break trip, for 8 people, and had no problem getting what we wanted, even the big 3. 7DMT at noon on 60+1, FoP at about 1:30 on 60+3, and SDD was available early afternoon on 60+5 (but we're doing it another day). If they're adding another perk to onsite stays, I want something better. In my experiences I have no issue getting mostly what I want in the 60 day window, also have good luck with the refresh method.

A return to more plentiful EMH would be high on my list of things I would like to see. Extra FP for onsite would be cool too, but that probably would create capacity issues (and is hard to see happening in conjunction with paid FP rumours that constantly float around).

I've stayed offsite and even with the 60 day FP+ perk added, I won't do it again. The biggest benefit of staying onsite for us is proximity to parks and ease of transportation.

We always have stayed onsite, because we drive there and really like using WDW transportation and not seeing our van until we leave:) But, my DW and DD went down during the summer and stayed offsite (not a good neighbor resort), and they were not really looking forward to it. Well, they had a great time. It was a short drive to the parks and they said the resort rooms, amenities and activities were so much better. So, we will still shoot for onsite, but now we know that if we do not want to pay WDW prices we will still be happy offsite.

So, what’s in it for Disney?

Regardless of what perks we would like to see, Disney is going to add only what benefits the company.

Your model possibly would work if Disney were having trouble with occupancy and wanted to try increasing the perks rather than lowering the price to get people to book. But since the resorts are filling up quite nicely, I don’t see Disney adding another layer of complexity to the FP system, and investing in the IT to make it happen.

We always have stayed onsite, because we drive there and really like using WDW transportation and not seeing our van until we leave:) But, my DW and DD went down during the summer and stayed offsite (not a good neighbor resort), and they were not really looking forward to it. Well, they had a great time. It was a short drive to the parks and they said the resort rooms, amenities and activities were so much better. So, we will still shoot for onsite, but now we know that if we do not want to pay WDW prices we will still be happy offsite.

I like offsite. We fly due to time and distance, so on-site can be less expensive once I factor in parking and car rental. I stayed at Pop and Swan with my two older kids in 2018, and my youngest and I will stay at ASMu this spring. But when we all went, as a family of five, it was much nicer spreading out in a 2-bedroom unit at the Vistana. Super easy to get to the parks, and we traveled on our schedule, not the bus’ schedule.

If we all go again, we’ll be offsite for sure. The FP advantage isn’t THAT big, especially if you’re willing to rope drop or jump in line at closing, or just suck it up and wait in a long line for the headliner at whichever park you’re in that day.

I would like the onsite booking to be for length of stay. We typically stay 2 weeks but can only book FP for 10 days, then have to wait to book the rest of our days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter