Ontario Airport...How much time to get there?

I disagree. I grew up near Ontario airport and have flown there many times. Often security is like 5 minutes. But I have waited 30 minutes for early morning flights and almost missed flights as a result.

I agree on drive time at say 5AM being less than an hour.

:wizard:
:offtopic: You changed your picture and I am so confused now!!

There is a TSA Pre-check line from the ground floor that lets you bypass the main line before going up the escalator? If so that is good to know! I may be flying through there again in March.

:wizard:

Yes! At least there always is when we fly out!:laughing:

ONT, LAX, BUR any outlying airport is going to have rush hour traffic if you're landing between 6 and 9 AM so that's kind of a 'moot point'.

I use ONT because I have family near Claremont. When I've driving to DL in the morning (from their house via the 57) it normally takes me over an hour, sometimes 90 minutes to drive that 26 miles to be parked and at the gates for an 8 am rope drop.

I've never had any type of crowd problem at security at ONT. I've never seen the line down the escalator. I normally arrive on a weekday between 7-10 am, and depart on a weekday between 10-noon. I don't know if I've just been lucky or what. I think I've chosen those hours because I've felt that the majority of business commuters would be arriving after 10 and departing before 10.

So to wrap this up (at least for the moment!) we are still flying into Ontario. Since we land around 10pm we will probably look for a hotel close by and get started early the next morning with heading north for a few days. DH decided that he didn't want to get up at 3ish am to fly out that morning out of Ontario at 7am ish and not enjoy the last night of vacation. We are now on a midafternoon flight out of Burbank. Won't get home until late, but we can enjoy our last day and if there are any issues with TSA in another month, we'll have plenty of time to get to the airport.

Thank you all again for all your advice!!

Flying into Ontario on Feb 12, I'll try to remember and post my experience here. Been at least 10 years since I flew into that airport.

Ontario airport was really easy to get in an out of. Flight from Sacramento on the 10th was pretty light, every one had their own row, so getting off the plane was a breeze. Smaller airport, so easy to navigate, posted signs for everything. I got to the airport last night at 6. I have pre TSA and there was a line for it on the ground floor, only 2 people in the regular line though, so not super busy. For Southwest, gates 401 and 402 are a little hike, so give yourself a few extra minutes.

All rental cars offsite, free shuttle (5 min ride). When returning, the shuttle makes two stops. If flying Southwest, wait for second stop, otherwise you are walking half a mile.

Left Ontario at 10 am on Sunday and made Mickey and Friends by 10:35, pretty light traffic. Made a run after conference on Monday, left Ontario at 4 and make Mickey and Friends at 5:20. Edit-forgot to say that all onsite parking was full-parked at DTD as I knew I was going to meet my DD for dinner at get me 5 hours for free.

Last edited:

Thanks Elk Grove Chris - appreciate the insight and times!!!!

Thanks for the rental car info. I am arriving SNA and departing ONT this summer, and have never been to ONT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!