Onward to TDR! March 2019 Exercise Thread

Congratulations to PollyannaMom for turning Gelatoni Pink! And it sounds like Elizabeth Smith may need a real-life Gelatoni in the break room.

Let's head to lunch. By my count, we have a full dozen choices for quick-service restaurants:

Cafe Portofino (pasta, rotisserie chicken)
Zambini Brothers' Ristorante (pizza, pasta)
Cape Cod Cook-Off (hamburgers)
Dockside Diner (rice gratin and fried chicken)
The Teddy Roosevelt Lounge (sandwiches & cocktails)
New York Deli (sandwiches)
Horizon Bay Restaurant (Disney Character Dining)
Miguel's El Dorado Cantina (Mexican-inspired)
Yucatan Base Camp Grill (oven-roasted meats)
Casbah Food Court (curries)
Sebastian's Calypso Kitchen (pizza, sandwiches)
Vulcania Restaurant (Chinese)

Here's a ranking of ten DisneySea quick-service restaurants. I'm half-tempted to try Miguel's just to see what they do with Mexican food in Japan. But I like the look of Vulcania quite a bit.

Adding 90 minutes! 60 minutes yesterday and 30 minutes today!
725/800

I forgot to mention in my last update on here that I love the Mickey drumming video, the Big Band Beat. My friend Duffy also looks like a precious show. I love the voice of Duffy. For lunch, I'm up for anything! Every food item I have seen from the Japanese parks looks so fun! I would be interested in how Character meals are handled there, though.

Adding 60 minutes -30 for the airports on Sunday and today. I really needed some down time after the trip!! So, I’m at 743/1000 - I’ll try to make my goal - the nice weather should help.

The qs places sound good. I’m torn between New York Deli and Dockside Diner. Hmmm, corned beef or fried chicken. I wonder if the chicken is as good as in 50’s Prime Time Cafe. But, the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge has cocktails. Lol!!

I can't believe how long it has been since I last checked in. I was a lazy bum for a couple of days, but then I turned back into my usual self. 155 minutes since last update.

2025/1860

Lunch sounds good. I'm in for Zambini Bros, Vulcania, or the Casbah.

Congratulations to the team for turning Gelatoni Pink and to Elizabeth Smith for turning ShellieMay Red!

Welcome back from WDW to BonnieF, who is *this* close to turning Gelatoni Pink. And welcome to the team, redlight!

ShellieMay is a teddy bear who Minnie made to be a friend for Duffy. She was introduced in January 2010 at DisneySea. Reportedly on the day she was introduced, the line to buy a ShellieMay teddy bear (only available inside DisneySea) was SEVEN HOURS long. :eek: Here's a bit of background on ShellieMay.

If anyone has any money left, we can stop and check out the DisneySea merchandise. Here is a list of top DisneySea souvenirs. If you're wanting any Duffy & friends merchandise, this is the time to get it, as apparently Duffy items are found only at DisneySea. (@piglet1979, this is the chance for your kids' Duffys to increase their wardrobe!)

I'm not really feeling like I need any of the Duffy stuff. But the Hank the Octopus hat, now, ...

For lunch, I'm up for anything! Every food item I have seen from the Japanese parks looks so fun! I would be interested in how Character meals are handled there, though.

It seems like the format is somewhat similar, in that the characters come to your table for pictures, autographs, etc. I found this description of the Horizon Bay at DisneySea (part of the restaurant is dedicated to character meals). I like Mickey and Minnie's outfits! But the Crystal Palace character breakfast at Tokyo Disneyland seems to work a bit differently than the U.S. parks, as described in this article.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts