Onward

I saw it the first weekend it came out my family loved it. Unfortunately it came out at a bad time with a lot the theatres being closed shortly afterwards.

As mentioned above, it is most likely being released early so people can stay home and enjoy it not because of being of flop. I think due everything going on in it is ridiculous to label it as a flop.

Released straight video BC cannot or won’t go to movie theatres. Indicative of DIS’s short term cash problems Not necessarily quality of the film, which is undoubtedly excellent,

"Flop" sounds like Hater-talk. Which annoys me.

I saw it opening weekend, really enjoyed it. It's in the middle of my Pixar list, not up there with Up or Coco (my faves), but I look forward to seeing it again.

It was never going to be the biggest box office ever (which doesn't always correspond to quality), but it really was a tragic victim of circumstance and needs a great big * next to it in the history books.

I just watched Onward on Dis+ 2 nights ago. I couldn't believe it was there already. I really enjoyed it and plan to watch it again. If you haven't seen it I do recommend it. Too bad it didn't have a chance at the theaters with this damn virus. I think it would have done really well.

It wasn't doing well in the theaters and reviews were not overly kind either. It's not a bad movie at all, but I'd say it's not what I'd expect from Pixar. I'd put it on par with The Good Dinosaur, but no way is it on par with Toy Story, Up or other true amazing Pixar movies.

Glad it was on Disney+ we watched it Friday night, enjoyed it but happy I didn't pay movie theater prices for it.

Watched it last week. I think it's half because I have strong Dungeons and Dragons roots and half because I lost my dad when I was younger but for me it was a solid 9/10.

Not quite up to Coco, Ratatouille, and I'll still rant about how Brave is underappreciated, but because of the personal nature of the story I liked it better than a lot of the other Pixar movies.

I haven’t watched the movie, so my opinion is very shallow rooted, but with what clips/previews/trailers I have seen, it doesn’t feel like Pixar or Disney. It feels like this idea, plot, animation style, etc was better suited for Dreamworks.

Saw it last night, and enjoyed it. It was different, but there was so much in there.

I agree that the early release was a gift from Disney to families looking for something to do at home, not an indicator that the movie would have flopped.

I previewed it yesterday. I like it for older kids. Not great for the G-rated crowd. Too much to explain to young minds.

I watched it again yesterday on D+ and enjoyed it again. For me, what makes it work is the characters of Ian and Barley and how much I enjoy Holland and Pratt. I don't need a sequel, but I would love to see more with the brothers (like some shorts) - as long as they could keep the actors.

It wasn't doing well in the theaters and reviews were not overly kind either. It's not a bad movie at all, but I'd say it's not what I'd expect from Pixar. I'd put it on par with The Good Dinosaur, but no way is it on par with Toy Story, Up or other true amazing Pixar movies.

Glad it was on Disney+ we watched it Friday night, enjoyed it but happy I didn't pay movie theater prices for it.

It wasn't exactly doing "bad" but it wasn't quite as strong as a lot of Pixar and comparable films. It was a little under tracking, but if it had had a few weeks in theaters it would have done fine - not great, but fine. It still did over $100 Million at the worldwide box-office and it only had a little over a week in real release before the lockdown. It's a mid-tier Pixar film for me, but I did appreciate the D&D references.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!