Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party 2024

Last year, I think it was MK presale, then public sale disaster a couple days later, then public sale redo a couple of weeks later. I believe all OBB days were sold out by the end of the first day of public sale redo.

Special tix sales recently tend to start “no earlier than” 9 am Pacific time.

There is no “less in demand” time for OBB. All dates will be sold out.

last year, magic key got presale date, it was an IT disaster

then, later, it opened to general public. Are we talking a few days, a week or what?

Is there a standard PST they tend to open the queue?

I can't say anything about what nights are lower or higher demand. But for the rest...

Last year, the Magic Key pre-sale and the public sales were scheduled two days apart. MK day was one brand of awful, but public day was an hurricane of messes. So it was then postponed to a little less than 2 weeks later. That said, I would assume there will be a 2 day gap again, as that is generally the norm for After Dark events.

Queue usually opens up at 9 AM pacific time.

I can't say anything about what nights are lower or higher demand. But for the rest...

Last year, the Magic Key pre-sale and the public sales were scheduled two days apart. MK day was one brand of awful, but public day was an hurricane of messes. So it was then postponed to a little less than 2 weeks later. That said, I would assume there will be a 2 day gap again, as that is generally the norm for After Dark events.

Queue usually opens up at 9 AM pacific time.
To add to this for those new to buying tix, I'd say the Magic Key pre-sale was the usual level of Disney events awful, unlike the public sale which was just an extra big, even for Disney, hot mess. Unfortunately with their system, you can be in the queue for hours on end and still not get a ticket. Last year I was lucky to be in and out within 30 minutes during the MK pre-sale. The year prior I was waiting closer to 2 hours before buying tickets. Which is still nothing compared to Key holders who were in the queue for 6, 8+ hours and walked away empty-handed.

It's a pre-sale, but unfortunately even with a Magic Key no one is guaranteed to get a ticket that day. It's just an extra opportunity, but once the allotment is sold out for the pre-sale, that's it until you can try again during the general public sale.

I’m going to dub this the ‘official’ thread to watch for OB tix announcements

We are looking at the first week available in August

My thot, other than first night possibly being crushed with influencers & media…Ala WDW, might possibly be a less in demand time? :confused3

Is this correct:

last year, magic key got presale date, it was an IT disaster

then, later, it opened to general public. Are we talking a few days, a week or what?

Is there a standard PST they tend to open the queue?
Yes, Magic Key presale was a disaster. As I recall, MK presale was a few days before general ticket sale. First round of general ticket sale: also an IT disaster, and they shut it down after a few hours. The reopened general ticket sale for a second time a few weeks later, and it was still a bit of a mess. Keep it mind, having a second round of general sale is not the norm - there is usually only one general ticket sale and once tickets are gone, they are gone (and they usually sell out the first day).

The biggest hurdle we all face is not what date we should choose, but if we will even make it through the queue to pick a date.

Ticket sales are always PST and as I recall from last year, it was 9 AM.

The biggest hurdle we all face is not what date we should choose, but if we will even make it through the presale to pick a date.
Oh, gosh. That’s sad to hear.

Between that & not knowing if HM will indeed come back to life end of August, thinking I’m not going to book anything non-cancellable for that trip!

Should I assume one should avoid any solicitations/offers to buy people’s extra tickets?
Allegedly Disney started cracking down on people trying to buy OBB tickets on resale markets last year (Ebay, craigslist, etc.). I recall seeing some posts on this forum where people supposedly saw individuals being turned away at the park entrance because they had bought resale tickets but I'm not sure if that was truly accurate. I do believe people trying to resell on Ebay, etc. had their tickets cancelled when they were reported.

At the end of the day, it's a matter of someone's risk tolerance level when it comes to buying resale tickets - when we attended in the past, we attended as a group of 5 people - I'm not willing to gamble that kind of money on tickets that may not be legitimate or may be cancelled, it's too much money and I would rather spend it on other stuff in the park (even if it means I don't get to go to the Bash). But there's a chance that lots of people successfully bought resale tickets and we never heard about it (because maybe those individuals were smart enough to keep their mouths shut) 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
I'm not willing to gamble that kind of money on tickets that may not be legitimate or may be cancelled, it's too much money and I would rather spend it on other stuff in the park
Oh, I agree.

I support entrepreneurship, it doesn’t extend to those who deliberately would buy the maximum number of tix in order to flip them for profit

Oh it's gonna be a CLUSTER~for sure!
You really have to want it, and pack the patience of a Saint.
If you're willing to make it your part-time job for the day tickets go on sale, you increase your chances of getting them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter