Oogie Boogie Bash tickets better chance if staying at GCH?

julesann

DIS Veteran
I hear these tickets go quickly these days. Is there any different bucket for trying to get them if you have reservations at GCH?

There was not an advantage for on site guests last year.

In prior years, they used to hold a very small number of tickets back for on-site guests to purchase day of the event (usually would go on sale around 5am-6am IIRC). That did not happen last year, they turned people away when they inquired so I would not count on it again for this year.

There was not an advantage for on site guests last year.

In prior years, they used to hold a very small number of tickets back for on-site guests to purchase day of the event (usually would go on sale around 5am-6am IIRC). That did not happen last year, they turned people away when they inquired so I would not count on it again for this year.

Oh good to know I can't look to this option either. I was wondering though about purchasing when they go on sale in a few months with a reservation at the GCH.

Oh good to know I can't look to this option either. I was wondering though about purchasing when they go on sale in a few months with a reservation at the GCH.
Nope, my friends had GCH reservations last year and logged in to their acct associated with their hotel reservations before the tickets went on sale and they were put into the same online queue as everyone else, and never managed to get tickets.

Yes, no benefit to staying on property for tickets. In years past, they have sometimes had extra "day of" tickets available in very limited numbers for hotel guests, but that seems to have been eliminated last year. I think people were queuing at 5 am, and I suspect they wanted to put a stop to it.

Yes, no benefit to staying on property for tickets. In years past, they have sometimes had extra "day of" tickets available in very limited numbers for hotel guests, but that seems to have been eliminated last year. I think people were queuing at 5 am, and I suspect they wanted to put a stop to it.
I assumed they didn't offer tickets for on-site hotel guests last year because of the online ticket sale disaster, where they oversold them so they weren't able to set aside any for hotel guests. I'm hoping they offer them for guests this year in case we don't get tickets via the initial sale (it's why I opted to stay on site this year)....🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

I assumed they didn't offer tickets for on-site hotel guests last year because of the online ticket sale disaster, where they oversold them so they weren't able to set aside any for hotel guests. I'm hoping they offer them for guests this year in case we don't get tickets via the initial sale (it's why I opted to stay on site this year)....🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
That would be nice. I personally think there should be some advantage to staying onsite with stuff like this although I know a lot of people disagree. I'm hoping that to help sell VDH they will up the perks for onsite. I guess we'll see. I got tickets last year, but it was a disaster. I hope they fix the issues this year.

As a reference point, I just called to see if they had any Star Wars night tickets on reserve for hotel guests and was told "no." I don't think last year was a fluke - I think they aren't holding any for any of these events any more. It's a bummer. I remember when staying at GCH always came with a few extra perks, like fast passes to the newest ride.

As a reference point, I just called to see if they had any Star Wars night tickets on reserve for hotel guests and was told "no." I don't think last year was a fluke - I think they aren't holding any for any of these events any more. It's a bummer. I remember when staying at GCH always came with a few extra perks, like fast passes to the newest ride.
I think I remember reading on these forums that even in years when they had a bucket of tickets for on-site guests, they always said they didn't have any when asked over the phone, but then when they would ask during check-in at the hotel they would be instructed to line up at 5am the morning-of. I think it was mentioned on one of the massive OBB threads, but maybe I'm misremembering. All that so say, I wouldn't completely lose hope that they might offer them at the desk until someone tests it out come Halloween season...

Last edited:
I think I remember reading on these forums that even in years when they had a bucket of tickets for on-site guests, they always said they didn't have any when asked over the phone, but then when they would ask during check-in at the hotel they would be instructed to line up at 5am the morning-of. I think it was mentioned on one of the massive OBB threads, but maybe I'm misremembering. All that so say, I wouldn't completely lose hope that they might offer them at the desk until someone tests it out come Halloween season...

Thanks - that helps me with my Star Wars situation if I don't get them on Friday. At least I know to ask at check-in, just in case.

That would be nice. I personally think there should be some advantage to staying onsite with stuff like this although I know a lot of people disagree. I'm hoping that to help sell VDH they will up the perks for onsite. I guess we'll see. I got tickets last year, but it was a disaster. I hope they fix the issues this year.
Completely agree. It used to be a pretty much given, if you were staying on property you’d be able to buy tickets or at least have a chance to early in the AM the day of the event.

You are correct. When DD and I had a last minute change from WDW to DLR in October of 2021, I called the DLH to see if we might be able to get OBB tickets day-of at the hotel (I had read about it here). Neither DL Travel Co nor the hotel directly would say. They were vague and evasive, to say the least. We decided to go and just roll with it, tickets or no tickets. When we checked in, they didn’t mention anything, but when I asked, she said to line up at 5am the day that we wanted to go (I got there at 4:45am and was 3rd in line). It was easy (other than being early!) and we got tickets; there were about 10-15 people trying to get tickets for their families, and I don’t think everyone got them. They did say all tickets were shared between the 3 hotels and were very limited. At DLH, they took your room key, credit card and number of tickets desired and made a list ahead of time (when you showed up). So when the sales opened (at 5 am), they efficiently went down the list, calling up one family at a time and printing tickets and charging your card, until they ran out of tickets.

Last year, they didn’t do this at all, possibly due to the oversell situation. I sure hope they bring it back, since it was one of the last remaining perks for onsite guests. I don’t think they stopped it due to long lines in the lobby at 5am because there were only 10-15 folks there. And this was on Indigenous People’s weekend, so it was likely the busiest, most in-demand OBB time other than actual Halloween night.

Edited: after I found my old response in the OBB thread and corrected a few minor details that are fuzzy after 2 years!

Last edited:
When do they usually go on sale? Do all of the dates sell out quickly or is it mostly Oct?
All of the dates were sold out within a day or two last time. They usually go on sale late July and it's a battle to get tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter