Ooh Toodles Ooh Toodles Trip Report Day 1

amandajim36

Mouseketeer
well i dont know how this will go ive never done a trip report before and hope i can remember everything but here goes
title is oooh toodles as ds shouted it when he seen mickey so by end of trip everyone in the group was shouting ooh toodles when we seen mickey

SEPT 24th- SEPT 28th 08

first i will introduce everyone on trip
Myself Amanda age 34 (been to disney florida twice and this is second trip to DLP)
dh Jim age 32 (2nd trip to dlp)
dd Amy age 5 (2nd trip to dlp)
ds Adam 2 1/2 ist trip

my best friend Maria turned 30 during trip
Marias dh Duncan age 36
Marias dd Ruby age 2

This trip has been booked since last Nov a family holiday but also to celbrate Marias 30th
Well didnt really do any packing till Wed morning dd was sent off to school as usual and we collected her at 2pm then headed to my mums house. She took us to Belfast international Airport where we meet up with Maria, Duncan and Ruby. Checked in with easyjet who didnt question our luggage as it was overweight thank goodness.
Took kids to Burger King for some tea got through security. the kids rode round airport on their trunkis then it was time to board.
Flight took off on time at 18:35
Adams first flight and plane was only about 1/3 full so was good kids were able to move about a bit.
ds was great up until landing was beside dh then and wanted me so screamed till we landed.

Once we got lugage headed out to get our car we had booked Rs transports. they were waiting with a card with Amanda on it and i was worried we wouldnt fit all the luggage in the car but there was plenty of room and they had car seats for the kids also.

so off we set for Sequoia lodge arrived bout 30mins or so later was about 9pm and checked in straight away and off to Monteray Lodge and our rooms were beside each other which was great. bit of questioning from Maria has i got duncan to check in with me as we had booked character tea party as a suprise for her and she couldnt understand why she couldnt check in so a few lies later and off we headed to our rooms.

Got kids dressed quickly for bed and Dh and duncan went off in search off milk for Adam and ruby. Adam hated the milk wouldnt drink it and lay awake and singing for about 2 hours every time we thought he was sleep we put light on and he was just staring at us then he started to sing it was after midight before he fell asleep. Then dd started coughing she has asthma so gets terrible night cough sometimes so i reckon me and jim got about 2 hours sleep when we eventually nodded off, Dreaming of our first full day ahead in disney!!

Oh dear poor you, getting such little sleep. It's horrible when that happens away from home. I must confess I smiled at the idea of your son lying there singing away for 2 hours. :rotfl:

Good start - looking forward to hearing more.

Oh dear poor you, getting such little sleep. It's horrible when that happens away from home. I must confess I smiled at the idea of your son lying there singing away for 2 hours. :rotfl:

Good start - looking forward to hearing more.

it was hilarious at one point me and dh were sitting on the floor at the wee sink bit in the dark the thing is he is such a good sleeper in bed at 7pm and has to be woken at 7:30am to get dd to school will sleep to 9 or 10 at weekends he must have sensed my excitement

Great start, I look forward to reading about the rest of your trip:goodvibes

I know the feeling about waiting for a child to sleep when you are all in the same room.
Paint drys quicker :lmao: :thumbsup2

Looking forward to the rest of your report :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!